Pit Pro 150xr vs DMX 140 pro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam_47

Reaction score
I am getting my first pit soon and I am choesing beetween pit pro 150xr or the 140 DMX pro. It would be just for riding aroung and taking medium jumps. i am 5ft6 57kg and 14yrs old. I think i am lening towards the pit pro. The only thing is that i have seen the DMx and sat on it , and you can only buy the pit pro in crats from the local dealer so if any one has a pp 150xr a responce would be great . also the pp 150xr is $1500 and DMX 140 pro $1400, ase they real mocchois shoxs too.

thanks ,

PitPro Dirt Bikes Mini Mid Sized Pit Bikes - Pitbikes
.: welcome to DMX Motorcycles - experience performance:.

Last edited:
Hey cam... Have you considered the DHZ 140 outlaw?
This is a far better bike than either the DMX "pro" or the pitpro150...
Much better value for money, EXTRAORDINARILY better after sales service, and parts for them are far easier to come by.
most importantly for a first bike, it's going to be more reliable, and the price is comparable to either bike you have looked at.
Whether the bike comes assembled or in a box/crate, ALL pit bikes need to be pulled down, greased, loctited and reassembled, plus other initial set-up tasks completed before you should consider riding it.
Yes, you can buy it, start it, and ride it, but it will be falling to bits within minutes (literally) and you run a high risk of severe damage to your engine...

DHZ MINI MOTO - Home

hi thump,
I DHZ seem to be really great bikes, the only thing is I dont relly want to have the fuss with posting it to me. I might just me lazy. I just think it would be eazyer for parts and servace to get a bike that is sold local. Is there any dealers of DHZ around my area.
sorry for the spelling

the DMX 140pro is a far superior bike to the PP150XR, I don't think the zochies are real but they're still way better than pitpro forks.
but yea go the dhz over pitpro anyday, the dmx 140 pro looks better than both tho, only problem is they have no after sales service

no idea with the minis mate. postage sounds like a nuisance, but believe me, and many other members will attest to it, postage with DHZ is a breeze... Ken is THE man, and his postage rates, but more importantly speed with which they arrive is astounding...
for the price, especially being a first bike, i'd bite the bullet with any of the DHZ range. You'll get a better bike, better aftersales service (which you WILL NOT GET with DMX) and better parts back up, and after all that, if you got your bike from DHZ, you are pretty much gauranteed it will show up 2-3 days max after it's paid for.. :)
I'm not sure if there are any DHZ dealers near you...

Alright thump I will consiter DHZ, just one thing how relierble are ZongShen engins, never herd of them , but i am still new to minis. The price is alot cheaper than pp 150xr and the DMX and from what i have read they seem to be the choice for new riders.
You mensioned KEN , is he a dealer of DHZ.
thanks great help

Yes mate, Ken is the proprietor of DHZ and Pitster Pro, and also one of the site sponsors, so he helps out MiniRider Members.
As far as reliability of the Zongshen motors, they're pretty good. i dont have any mini-horizontal zongshens, but i have 3 zongshen 250 motors, and they are all going strong, all good reliable motors.
Like any engine, they need maintenance and upkeep, but that needs to be done regardless of the brand..
DHZ bikes, particularly the 140 Outlaw has a great reputation on here, for good reason. They are a great bike, and excellent bang for your buck. Naturally, it's only my opinion, but there are several members on here who swear by them. :)
Dont mistake the price of the DHZ bikes being equal to poor quality... Far from it. Cant really go wrong with them.

Im also looking for a new mini bike: any advice? How about motovert, and do you have to spend 3g to get one that won't brake?

Im also looking for a new mini bike: any advice? How about motovert, and do you have to spend 3g to get one that won't brake?

3k will get you much stronger bike but it will still break, even a 20k bike can still break.
have a look at at the pitster pro x4r for less than $2500 if you want a quality bike

If i wanted a bike that didnt brake, i'd spend less than $3k... lol.. I assume you meant Break..?

yeah the motovert is also a good bike. The suggestions made here thus far have been based on value, and prices at the lesser end of the scale.
No, you dont have to spend $3k on a bike to get one that doesnt break. any bike can be made to be reliable despite purchase price. all comes down to initial set up, and ongoing maintenance...
my 4 year old $500 atomik is just as reliable as my $3k custom... all comes down to set up and maintenance.. :D

I was having a look and comparing pp, DHZ and DMX , I think I am going for pit pro or DHZ , but its hard to guess wehere the bike will or wont sute me. Thats why I rather get a bike from the local mini shop.
cherrs, cam:)

yes, true, that does come into it... both the pitpro 150XR and the DHZ 140 outlaw are midsize bikes, so will feel quite similar, but they will come down to personal preference. The DHZ, being a CRF styled bike, will feel similar to the DMX... (seat/tank etc are the same..)

so klx are midsized ,and crf is smaller?? I sat on the DMX 140 pro , it felt like there was a too big of gap beetween the fuel tank and tripple clamp. But then agian I havent really rode any minis before only hondas. So your saying the DHZ would feel about the same a DMx?

yeah similar, going by the looks of it. not sure how the seat juncture would feel on the pitpro, as i havent ridden one. the seat and tank looks different, thus would feel different, but as to whether it feels like the bars are too far from the tank, i couldnt say...
in the case of the DHZ outlaw, and the pitpro XR, they are both midsized.

It's hard to explane. :confused: I would obiesly chose the bike that i feel more comforlable on, If the DHZ would "sute" or feel better defenatly, it would be DHZ. But it comes back to, phisacly sitting on the bike. And for a first bike it would need to be something I can handle , a bike thats not to big or small. would bigger bars fix the issue it i went for crf styled bike??
thanks,cam

yeah different bend bars can always help, but at 5'6'' you should be pretty right with the stock ones. I'm 5'11'' and fit under the stock bars pretty easily, with a reasonable reach.
You are definately right in saying that comfort and ease of handling is one of the paramount reasons to choose a particular bike, but in saying that, remember that a bike that is not quite as comfortable, you will get used to quickly, and the most comfy one, may not be the best value for money, or even the best bike..

I agree. A bike that sutes , but I will not get to board off afer the first month of riding. I would probly be keeping it for half ayear and then upgrading. As for the 140 DMX , i think i will cross off my list. I found out that theu are atomik , highter end model. And atomik have the worst reputation in the mini bike "word" at lest I would say.
But thanks for all your so far thump

ha ha, yeah, Atomik sell the DMX under a different banner, as i dont believe too many people would buy the DMX pro, with it's price tag, if it had Atomik written in front of it...
If it's worth anything, i've built from scratch what is basically a DHZ 140 Outlaw, but went a bit overboard with parts and mods, and one year on, it's still fast enough, handles well enough, and is reliable enough that i doubt i will get sick of it anytime soon, and i've been riding for 27 years or so.. so remember any bike can be modified and parts upgraded as well as your skills and experience improve.
Welcome for the help mate, it's what we're here for.

Latest posts

Back