Pit Pro 150xr vs DMX 140 pro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha True! I don't think any one would but the 140 pro if it was under the atomik name. the DHZ 140cc outlaw seems great value for money if they are relierble great bike and live up to there reputation, orded to my door it would be $1200 cheaper than the pit pro 150xr and DMX. But parts would have to be orded online , rather than going down to the local pit shop, its just a bit more hassel. :)

most parts on the DHZ are interchangeable for any other CRF-style part mate. one of the beauties of owning a mini, so many different parts are interchangeable between brands... where the DHZ's excel, is that the parts on there as standard fitment, are of pretty good quality, so will last anyways... it's when you want to upgrade the parts for better items, that the DHZ store, and ebay will be your friend. :D

ohh really. I didn't know that. So klx style you could get klx parts, and same for crf. I wondn't be modding much. just maybe graphics and other little stuff. Comperd to klz style bike how much of a size differance would there be to a crf. dose it cahnge in frame size?

yeah it's pretty much tanks, seats and plastics that are the physically different bolt-on parts, and in some cases the frames are different to the best of my knowledge. All of my minis are CRF-style bikes, so i cant really confirm that, but perhaps another member can.
The Pitpro 150XR and the DHZ 140 Outlaw are pretty much the same size physically. Whilst the DHZ is a CRF style bike, it runs what DHZ call a "Monster" frame, which puts it at the "Midsize" mini mark.. So basically, they're roughly the same size. If you bring up both bikes on webpages, generally they will have external measurements and dimensions offered, so you can tell which is taller, which has the bigger seat height, bar height, width, weight and wheelbase... :)

From what i have seen of plastics and graphics choices, the CRF style bikes have a greater range of colours, sticker kits, and suppliers. (prices for CRF-style replacement parts tend to be a little cheaper as well...)

Hope that helps mate

Ok, I think I get it now. Are the bearings or hubs sealed like bmx bike or push bikes, because on the DMX i remember the guy telling me cnc sealed hubs. Just another thing i would like to know. I also found out that city motor bikes stok DHZ bike so i think i would be able to order from there.
thanks , cam

CNC Sealed Hubs? hmm, they sound like they're in the realms of EDC chips, powerbands and flux capacitors... lol..
Havent seen too many bikes running sealed hubs... quite a few getting around with CNC or billet hubs... but most run sealed bearings of some sort, but they are not waterproof...
All require greasing and cleaning in one way or another..

my cnc hubs came with little rubber seals to protect the bearings, i think he's talking about that, but definatly not sealed hubs lol

:p haha, billet hubs thats it, i just thourgh there was shuch a thing a sealed hubs. Could you tell me the differance between cnc and billet hubs. As long as your grease your hubs or bearings they don't need to be seald am i right . lol Sorry i forgot to mension, city motor bikes , I hear they sell DHZ is that true. It's just closer than N.S.W

Mate i've no idea about city motorbikes... you're best bet would be to ask them for a price.
Better still, email Ken at DHZ direct, and ask him. If city motorcycles are a reseller or dealer, then Ken may actually be cheaper if you go to him direct...

Billet/CNC hubs are more or less the same thing... they are a hub, machined on a CNC (computer numerically controlled) lathe, out of a slab of billet alloy...and yep, if the bearings are greased, you should be pretty right with them. :D

motorbike city stock pitpro and motovert, dhz is their competitor so I don't think they will stock them, but if are stocking DHZ's now it just shows how much confidence they have in the pitpro's lol.
going directly to dhz will be WAY cheaper than from motorbike city, they aren't exactly know for their good prices ;)

Ok, so you think it would be better to buy straght from "ken" or the DHZ main destributing place in N.S.W.
And yes, i think city motor bikes stock Dhz, as I googled destributs od dhz and city motor bikes came up . And it said it on the dhz web site . Would there be much power differance between the pp 150xr and the DHZ 140 out law?? Also what the diffance between 1/8, 1/4 and normal throtel things, any benifit from having one??
thanks,,

1/4 throttle lets you rev up quick and is twice as sensitive as a normal throttle. Definently buy from Ken. DHZ is Awsome

1/4 throttle doesn't help you rev up quick, it just means the throttle is a lot more sensitive and you only have to turn it half as far to reach WOT. I haven't tried an 1/8 turn but I think it'd be overkill, they're allot cheaper tho
definatly get a 1/4 throttle, makes it way more fun to ride and teaches you better throttle control

Sweet, almost like a 2-stroke, the 1/4 throtel, would it be? Diffenetly going for the 140 dhz now, I just don't know if the size would be right , but from what i hear they geat pit bikes. What do u mean when you say "reach WOT".
sorry for the spelling,

umm no not like a 2stroke, I hear the Inner Rotor Kit's have an effect like that, and IRK's do make the engine rev up quicker.(unlike 1/4 throttles)
WOT = wide open throttle

Last edited:
Sorry, still learning heaps about the pittys. lol. I think i will be getting a dhz 140 for chrissy. Does any one know if 2010 models coming out before christmas?? Sorry, i mentioned before, is there much power differance between pp 150xr and the DHZ 140 outlaw? Would it just be a little more in your top end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back