Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathRider

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently bought a pitpro 125rr and it runs really good but it gets really hot and overheats every 5 minutes. The oil we put in it was 10-30. What could be the reason for this?

How many turn's out is your mixture screw ?
It might not be tuned properly, air filter might not be oiled, might have a vacuum leak ?
Is it 10w30 motorcycle oil ?

Dont know but the guy said put 10-30 in it when it is suppose to say 10-40. Its air cooled and every 5 minutes it gets hot turns off and you have to wait for 5 minutes to ride it again. Could this be the spark plug or the oil? Other then that it runs fine though. We cleaned the air filter and oiled it too.

Pitbike Overheating

Hi all
Last week on Saturday I took my bike out that I bought off Gumtree ( Pitpro 125). Every 5 minutes the bike would get really hot and then overheat and turn off. The bike is air cooled and the night before my dad cleaned the air filter and put a little to much oil in the air filter and basically flooded the air filter. We got as much as we could off the air filter with our hands when we were there. My bike is at my dads but I'm also pretty sure the oil was also low as well. The oil was dirty and due for a change which I'm doing this week. The oil the previous guy said to put in it was 10-30 but its suppose to have 10-40 in it. Could this be the reason? Another thing I will do if it still overheats will be to get a cold spark plug and maybe a new air filter? Please Help!

How low was the oil level?
The engine oil will be fine as long as it's motorcycle oil, and it's safe for use with wet clutch's

Air filter should be fine as long as it was cleaned before oiling it.
Find out how many turn's out the mixture screw is currently set at.

I reckon you might want to adjust the valve's, and then adjust the carby to suit

When it cut's out did you remove the spark plug then earth the spark plug threads on the engine and try kicking it over while looking for a spark?

What colour is the porcelain on the insulator of the spark plug when you pull it out?

It could be one a few thing's, maybe stator, cdi, ignition coil, fuel problem...

Pitpro 125 Problem Update

Just like to say thankyou to the people who tried to help me fix my pitbike. After all of the problems it was simply that the fuel breather hose was blocked and wasnt getting enough fuel in it.

Latest posts

Back