Pitpro 140cc Bigfoot Review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitpro_rep

Reaction score
This is a review for anyone looking to by an 09 Pitpro 140 bigfoot

This is my first bike, but iv'e been riding my friends bikes for years. I bought my bike two weeks ago for $1250 and have run it in and taken over lots of different terrain already.

ASSEMBLY
Medium hard to assemble, you need to put on the front wheel, rear shock, bars, brakes and plastics. The rear brake and the pegs are are hard to put on because of those little springs but overall u cant go wrong.

RUNNING IN
I replaced the shipping oil that the bike has with 10W40 synthetic oil, as i was told it was crap oil.I also went over every nut/bolt i could find with loctite. I used some high octane 98 fuel to run the bike in. the bike took me a good 15-20 kicks to start but that is to be expected, as it is the first time the motor has ever run. After starting the bike up and letting it warm up, it should start every kick. In the run in you just need to putt around, but it is a bit hard to resist to open her up a bit, hahaha.:D After this first ride the bike is ready to rip

WEIGHT/ERGOS/SUSPENSION
The bike weighs about 70kg, its pretty heavy but that is to be expected as it is a china and it is pretty big. The weight has a pretty even distribution throughout the bike and once u get going u wont notice it at all. The bike is actually quite a lot bigger than what i thought it would be, a couple of centimetres bigger than an 85. It says 86cm but it feels a bit smaller when you ride it. The suspension that it comes with is firm, i weigh 60kgs and am 5'10 and it is hard to bottom out. The bike handles well at all speeds, and the larger height gives you much more room than a normal pitty. i found nothing to fault with the seat/footpegs/bars relationship. The suspension does not rebound very fast, u could fix this by putting in more fork oil or taking it away to get adjusted.

FIRST RIDE/ENGINE

I was reaally surprised at this bikes power. It runs a 1p56FMJ 140, but it hauls the big bike along veerry well.:D I noticed a flat spot in the powers mid range but it has a responsive bootom end and an EXPLOSIVE top end. Second gear on this bike is probably the most usable, has a great rev range and pulls hard. It sounds as beefy as all hell at idle and even better at high rpm. The motor will not dissapoint you, it surprised me. Only problem is that first gear is crap, it revs out too quick but u can fix this by changing the front sprocket to a 16 or 17. I found it hard to keep the wheel down in the top end, so yes, if u want a bit of power for cheap, ull love this bike!

OVERALL
This is a good bike for the money, it goes hard and if u regularly maintain it, it shouldnt fall apart. Good for bigger people who still like pitbikes. I am yet to jump it but i will soon, stay tuned lol. I post sum pics when i get around to taking sum hahaha

cheers jak

you shouldn't be using synthetic oil to run it in!
nice review, you shoulda waited till you had the bike for at least a couple months tho

Hey sounds good its the bike im getting would it be possible for you to say make a video of it? even if its just starting it up n reving it n showing the bike i just wanna get a good look at it?

oi nice review
i will come ova and make a vid wit my phone so it i can then post it for ya
im still gettin the 160 sorry lol
unless i ride urs and dont like it

Nice review it's running a 140 lifan right? So whats the top speed :D

- thanks!

Do the bigger wheels hit the bash plate or anything when ur going over bumpy shit?? Coz in the piks it looks like it would lol.. im thinking of getting this bike or the 140xr I dno yet..

i found with the forks when i bought mine they lock dead center and 2 clicks left and right i only bought it last night brand new out the box and i have taken it for a spin it made me almost stack it a few times but its slowly wearing of im guessing it must need to wear the bearings on the headstem or something :/

i have a pitpro140 big foot ans its great

i had it for 9 months now, all i have changed is levers, bars, decals, carby, kick start lever, clutch pedal.

runs great.. easy to ride now also coz i have pro taper high rise bars.

but yeah i was looking for a 140xr but coz im so tall the bigfoot was the way to go..

oi, freak370 i used to have a pitpro 160, it was'nt bad and the motor hauled ass.
the only problem was the kick starter, it had a bitch of a compression.
anyways
enjoy :)

i bought the 150 xr awesome bike but the lifan engine didnt last very long replaced it and the replacement broke in a matter of months the engines werent as strong as everyone made them out to be... i am now replacing it with a yx 140 engine which i have been told is awesome engine and its cheaper then the lifan 150 so just be careful with the lifan engines my local pit bike shop said that the lifan engine is a bit harder to find parts and they are a rip off of the daytona... thats is just my input hoped it helped you guys out a bit

Latest posts

Back