Pitpro 140cc Race Bike 2007

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
Model: Race bike

Make: Pitpro

Year: 2007

Specs: (Stuff like this...)
140cc lifan big bore
n1234 Transmission
USD Suspension System
Max speed 95km
12inch rear 14inch front wheels
Kick start
single piston Brakes

Who this bike is for: Someone who's looking for a bike that wants to perform, this bike is one mean machine.

Price: $850

Photo:

[Replies]: This is one mean bike, its just a shame that some of the parts on it let it down, The frame isnt the strongest, and the rear shock isnt the best either, the rear gas shock is soft and is known to brake and cause some serious damage. If you plan on purchasing one of theses bikes you should look into replacing the rear shock with a fast ace product, overal its a fantastic bike and certanly is one of the best avaible on ebay at the moment.

Yes, this review is very accurate! Its a great bike just there a few small low quality parts, like the oil cooler weld snaps easily and as you said the shock is too soft.

It also uses a made in China Mikuni carburetor, not a Japanese made one so it uses a butterfly valve, its still a really good carb though.

The brakes are too soft and don't work very well (but are still allright), I don't know for sure why this is but Im pretty sure the brake pads are just new and very smooth, just sand paper them or rub them on a rough surface and rough them up!

Other small things that let me down were; the muffler clamp snapped, snapped throttle cable (should have put grease through it), fuel cap cross threaded, oil cooler snapped off, and then the regular stuff like loose bolts resulting in the front brake caliper and the chain guide falling off.

But Its had a real thrashing in the past few weekend and really keeps up and compares to my friends bikes such as my friends 06 thumpstar pro, the only difference is the pitpro is just a bit less reliable.

But fantastic bike great performance, really happy with it! Oh and you'd be very lucky to get one for $850, I got mine for $1000 but thats about as high as the bid will go on eBay and maybe you should add to the "make" BSE/Pitpro because BSE are the real manufacturers. This is a great forum section btw!

Last edited:
Ah sounds like you have had a bit of the usual china bike problems with yours mate, I find lubricating the fuel tank thread with grease saves alot of hassle trying to get the fuel cap on! remember, the saying goes, "if it doesnt want to go on, dont force it!"

The fuel tank Billet cap cross threading and damaging the fuel tank happens a lot with pittys.The Billet caps have razor sharp edges on the threads inside the cap.The correct fix is to grab the Dremel using a very small Diameter Burr [6mm Ball] and carefully remove the sharp edges of the thread,leaving a small chamfer following the Factory machined thread from top to bottom.The cap will follow the fuel tank thread rather than Cutting a new one.

Ps Overtightening the Billet cap also squeezes the top lip of the fuel tank out of shape and enlarges the top outside diameter stopping the Billet cap from dropping down onto the thread.If this happens simply file the outside diameter of the top fuel tank lip [Gently and following the radius]until the cap drops down onto the thread.Use care you do not want to remove any more material than necessary.

Cheers Brian

Also is the tank thread is damaged, tanks are now usually cheaper than a new fuel tank cap! you can pickup a new tank for around $20.

and rubber between the cooler and the bracket as the vibrations is what snaps it and when theres no rubber to absorb the vibs the bracket cops the full brunt and snaps eventually

I got my 140 pitpro on tuesday. Put fuel in it tonight so i could give it a run and fuel starts pissing everywhere. At first it looked like the tap was leaking. . . i drained the tank, took the plastics off, and found a defect in the plastic weld on the left side of the tank, with a tiny hole. Not happy. fuel f**ckn everywhere.

I will probably just try and melt the plastic over the hole with a soldering iron or something( when its drained 100% :p ). Has anyone else experienced this?

I got my 140 pitpro on tuesday. Put fuel in it tonight so i could give it a run and fuel starts pissing everywhere. At first it looked like the tap was leaking. . . i drained the tank, took the plastics off, and found a defect in the plastic weld on the left side of the tank, with a tiny hole. Not happy. fuel f**ckn everywhere.

I will probably just try and melt the plastic over the hole with a soldering iron or something( when its drained 100% :p ). Has anyone else experienced this?

Get them to send you out a new fuel tank. Don't try and fix it yourself.

hey man just go to the shop or were eevry u got it from and tell em u got it like that

Hey Jolz
Did you purchase the bike from us ??.If so the fuel tank will be replaced free of charge under warranty of course !!.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE FUEL TANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Brian

plastic stuffs up a soldering iron aswell, whereva u go it, just go back and ask for a refund, most friendly places would gladly do it.

Ok cheers guys. . i will make a warranty claim. i bought the bike from online dirt bikes on ebay. . which is really pitpro.com.au i think. I need to register my warranty with frame #, engine # and so on first i guess.

all good, i called up pitpro yesterday and they are sending me a new tank. Should have it by wednesday. .

GOD DAMN THATS NOT GOOD.

AM I THE ONLY PERSON IN HERE THAT DIDNT BUY THERE BIKE FROM EBAY!!!
SAME BIKE PIT PRO 138CC GENUINE BORE..

I GOT MINE FROM A SHOP, HAVE HAD NO PROBS ENGINE IS FINE. FRAME IS FINE. PETTY EVERYTHING. ARGH. IM THINKING MABYE I JUST GOT A GOOD ONE.. OR THEN AGAIN MABYE EVEN THO YOURS IS FROM EBAY ITS A CHEAPER VERSION..????

HMM

Its up to $400 cheaper on eBay, I got my Pitpro 140 for about $900 from eBay and its been perfect.

Latest posts

Back