pitpro 140XR reviews

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's shit as! i'm not paying an extra $600 bucks wen people could get em for $650 or $700! how long do u reckon till they bring auctions back?

dont pay it then. I spose auctions will come back when there is profit to be made. Low aussie dollar pushes up initial purchase price and shipping(for pitpro) ..gotta make the cash to stay open thats just usual business! no use putting auctions up if they are only gooin to make $50 a bike wouldnt be worth it

i got mine for 720 :D

but i broke the 140 engine by riding with boots i think. but 2nd gear went in it.. so it has a yx 150 in it now.

but i ride it as if im racing my 250.. and nothings broke yet.. quite impressed

i got mine for 720 :D

but i broke the 140 engine by riding with boots i think. but 2nd gear went in it.. so it has a yx 150 in it now.

but i ride it as if im racing my 250.. and nothings broke yet.. quite impressed

how did u break the engine by riding in boots???

yeah was told you shift too hard n break the selector. but yeah, less than 10 rides i lost 2nd gear. oh the other thing was the muffler blew to pieces after the 3rd ride. its loud as now. so im looking for a muffler..

yeah fun bikes, i picked mine up for about $850-$900 with pro tapers but had to pay a pick up fee think about $20-40,the bike is well worth the money, its worth the asking price, but i think $1000-$1100 is a fair offer or maybe hold out for a second handy.

hey anf nice bike! just wondering has anyone got or ridin a 150xr? by the way dose the 140 wheelie when u apply gas..

Is the 140xr good for someone 6foot2? Im worried ill be cramped on it lol..

Im 5ft 11, its not cramped for me, ive had at least 2hr riding sessions and not had any probs, i have the pro taper low handlebars, thinkin of getting the higher rise ones to give that little bit more height when standing. Other people my height might have a different opinion but i also have a z50J and thats less roomier so compaared to that its great for a small bike. Just think, if you get something bigger it takes the fun out of it, its the whole point. Oh also my mate is a litle over 6ft and he loves my pitty, if you stand up a lot definately piss off the standard low bars.

good luck.

PitPro 140XR

Thought I would give this review template a go :)

Model: 140XR

Make: PitPro

Year: 2009

Engine: 140cc Big Valve YX 4-stroke engine, with oversized alloy oil cooler, braided
lines fed directly from the crankcase oil pump

Fuel Capacity: 3L

Transmission: 4-speed Manual, all gears up, N1234, starts in any gear

Front Suspension: Heavy duty USD front forks (longer travel than stock)

Rear Suspension: Genuine Fast Ace shock, heavy duty spring, special edition,
adjustable compression and preload

Max Speed: 100km/h (depends on rider weight, and conditions)
Maximum Output KW/HP: 2HP (7500 +/- 500r/min)
Maximum Torque NM: Max. Power & Rotating Speed: 8.0kw/7500r/min

Weight: 63KG

Seat Hight: 790mm

Wheel Base: 1200mm

Engine Starting: Kick only

Front Brake: Front hydraulic disc brakes, braided lines

Rear Brake: Chromolly brake pedal with billet end tip. Rear hydraulic disc brakes,
braided lines

Frame: Revolutionary Chromo tubular trellis frame, cradle mount reinforcement,
detachable alloy sub frame, KLX mid size geometry. Light, rigid & innovative

Who This Bike Is For: This bike I believe is for people who love riding round tracks, jumping and anything in between. It's a great fun bike and puts out a large amount of power, plenty for what I use it for. Any ages could start on this bike as its easy to learn on and once your skills progress the bike will still please you.

Price: $1299

Photo:
large-pitpro-140xrblk08-1.jpg

Notes: This is my first bike in which I have no owned for roughly 8 months. It has served me good and no major problems have surfaced. The only troubles I've had was the spark plug blew and the carby and jets inside had to be cleaned out. When I think about it this bike has been excellent and very reliable so far. I expected problems to be popping up here and there seen as most pitbikes are china etc.. but again, nothing major has occured. I have had a heap of fun with it, riding with my neighbour around our tracks, and it held up well when I took it up to my mates farm.

Here are some pictures and a video of the bike and me riding:

10635_1230867580630_1497357202_30641425_5559577_n.jpg

16732_1258879120901_1497357202_30715984_3352979_n.jpg

5408_1189073615807_1497357202_30510157_3476193_n.jpg

YouTube - Pit Bike Riding

Hope this helps, enjoy.

Last edited:
oh thanks for that.
yeh I was just copy pastingoff the pitpro site and do you have a clue why they do that?
tell you its a lifan when its a yx.
dad has a theory that the head or whatever its called is yx but the main section is a lifan, like where the flywheel is?
what do you think

ohhh and while your reading this, I went out today to buy some offset feeler gauges to do my valve clearances.

we went to super cheap auto, repco and another large auto store but cant remember the name.

we could find the offset ones but none of them went down to .003
the lowest one was .005

the only gauges that went down to .003 were non-offset.

im guessing you have bought some, if so where did you get them from?

you don't need offset ones, they're flexible.... just to confirm, by offset you mean bent tip right?

No the motor is 100% YX 140, lifan 140 bottom end has the oil cooler fed from the crankcase, weak kickstart gears and a different color flywheel

they apparently started out with the lifan 140 but got too many broken motors coming back so they switched, they might just be too lazy to update the specs. another theory is because of the lifan 125's great reputation the general public are led to believe the lifan 140 is a superior motor, so they advertise it as lifan to get the popularity

yeh offset do have the bent tip to them

well without dads permission I tried a while ago using the non-offset ones and it did just snap
but, was probably bending it more than I actually needed...

ok, scingy pitpro
lying isnt good for their reputation if it is the case
lol
thanks anyway.

mate thanks so much for that! im 90kg and was worried that it wouldn't pull me. ;)

I dont think its 2HP LOL.

Transmission: 4-speed Manual, all gears up, N1234, starts in any gear

Front Suspension: Heavy duty USD front forks (longer travel than stock)

Rear Suspension: Genuine Fast Ace shock, heavy duty spring, special edition,
adjustable compression and preload

Max Speed: 100km/h (depends on rider weight, and conditions)
Maximum Output KW/HP: 2HP (7500 +/- 500r/min) Maximum Torque NM: Max. Power & Rotating Speed: 8.0kw/7500r/min

Weight: 63KG

Seat Hight: 790mm

Wheel Base: 1200mm

haha, good review anyway, hope you enjoy your bike :)

Latest posts

Back