Pitpro 150 Quick review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Well i've had the pitpro 150 for about 3 months now and like all chinas you have things that need to be checked and a little later fixed, but a top trail bike.

150cc Lifan race engine,
10:1 high compression, mild race cam
4speed all up gears
Oil cooled
Pro circuit style 30mm exhaust
Pro link alloy rear swing arm
Piggy back rear shock
26mm Mikuni carby
CRF style plastics and graphics
Start in any gear lightened flywheel with racing ignition
Removable oil filter
MX Knobby tyres

UPGRADES:
Kenda Millville front tyre
Fastace BS66-rc rear shock
Unifilter
Pro Tapers

When I recieved the 150 I remove the packaging and started setting her up everything was there and looked in good condition, all set up put the fuel in it and it runs out the overflow and filter also, ring the company and get another carb under warranty as it wasn't even a mikuni copy but a dekni, so a 30mm is sent out still to fit as i got the 26mm going, but will swap. The float level was way to high so it would fill and overflow. Going and this thing is awesome it has bulk grunt and stands up immediatly you need to respect the throttle as i learnt the hard way, the standard MX Knobby rear tyre is holding up much better than the Kenda Millville on the rear of the 140, I mainly ride trails and do hillclimbs and this bike is so much fun, it is easy to throw around and can handle it if you come off on a hill or in a sticky spot as you can also push it out easily, the power is on tap and will get you out of a situation to, this thing also throws a deadly roost for the riders behind.

Positives:
Heaps of grunt, My mate 01nutracing(robby) has ridden this bike and he is a man in the know and has ridden a few bikes and pitties in his time, and even the power of the bike surprised rob.
Solid swingarm
428 pitch sprockets and chain
Removable oil filter
good plastics and graphics
And all round great trail bike and small track bike.

Dramas so far(chinas):
The 30mm exhaust sits way to close to the oil lines(with in mm's) and they can and will melt leading to oil loss and smoke from oil on the engine and exhaust, I bought a new 30mm pipe that doesn't sit so close and has been fine now.
The bracket holding the cdi on also broke quickly as these four strokes shake hard, causing the cdi to rest on the exhaust it is now zip tied and doin fine.
The oil filler is right under the clutch cable, an allen key with the rounded end is needed to undo it with out getting burned.

The beauty of mass produced cheap gear, but is bloody good fun, just wish there was a club here in townsville.
Hope this helps i probably left some valuable info out as thinking is quite hard. Will post it if i remember.
I reccomend this bike for those looking to just have some fun and enjoy yourself.

"IF IT AINT BROKEN BREAK IT"

Cheers

Last edited:
good review but you could add how you fixed the carbi float issuie or are you running the 26mm instead of the 30mm??

and pics, gotta have pics;)

but awsome review mate:cool:

Thanks for the reply fellas, Here is a pic of the little tab that i adjusted for the float bowl level. By bending this tab slightly up or down you are changing the volume of fuel in the floatbowl, keep an eye on the way the float is situated before you pull it out just so it goes back in the right way and you know which way you should bend the tab, im not a mechanic but basically if the float is set to high then the carb could flood or fuel will come out the filter and overflow on the carb or and if it is set to low it should start choking or stall from lack of fuel, keep your changes very small to the float until you work it out so you can keep track of the changes you have made, it doesn't hurt to check the level even if it runs fine, will get some pics of the bike up soon, as my files are to large, so a more plain back setting this time. Yes i am still running the 26mm on the 150, Im also running a 25mm on the 140, its runs quite well but will put the 26 on the 140 and the 30 on the 150 when i find time. Cheers fellas.
P.S hope i haven't left to much out.

Attachments

• Image201.jpg
    Image201.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Image203.jpg
    Image203.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Image205.jpg
    Image205.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 26
Thats the same Carb I got on my 150XR. Was expecting a Mikuni ripoff but got that Dekni instead. I can't find any info about them.....have had no problems with it yet.

^^ ^^ ^^ quick tip on adjusting float levels.

undo the bottom drain screw, with a hose attached. hold end of hose up against carbie side and lower it til the fuel is just sitting in the end...thats the level of the fuel:)...or use a clear hose...

Thats the same Carb I got on my 150XR. Was expecting a Mikuni ripoff but got that Dekni instead. I can't find any info about them.....have had no problems with it yet.

Yeah The choke is a bugger holding it on while kicking as it is sprung and meant for a cable, it is a bitch to start sometimes but runs sweet with it, when i realised it wasn't a Mikuni copy i called them and they sent me a 30mm Mikuni copy under warranty will install that and go for a ride to see if there is any change, thanks HEADSMESS for that tip its simple and very effective, great advice mate cheers.

Latest posts

Back