Pitpro 160 Type R OR Genuine 06 Thumpstar Pro 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumbassmini

Reaction score
Hey guys just starting out in this game and just wondering if i could get some advice form those in the know or even from those not....anything is appreciated.

Im just looking at getting my first mini and ive got 2 possible options.
I can get my hands on a new Pitpro 160 Type R for $1550 or an Genuine 06 Thumpstar Pro 125 for about $2000. The Thumster was bought by a bloke for his son who has only ridden it for 30 mins max he says. The bike looks like it has just been taken out of the box. even the head of the exhaust where is attaches to the engine is still silver/chrome with the slightest yellow/gold on it. Started first kick and sounded like it was running Ace. The only prob is that it is yes i know 4 years old regardless and has been sitting around therefore no warranty etc. but it seems to be a better built bike in mist respects. i love the 160. its new and i know they go hard etc.
So im not sure what to do. i think the thumpstar is expensive but just need someone in the knows opinion as like i said im new. are both bikes reputable or is 1 the clear winner here?
Sorry if someone has already asked about this but ive been trawling around reading everyones threadds for a while now and cant find much on either bike.
Anyway ive rambled on for a bit now and any help would be greatly appreciated. ill see if i can get some photos of the thumpstar up here 2 if that helps
cheers :alc:

thumpstar seems a bit dear :S, wat type of riding will u b doing? jumping, trail riding etc.

pics of the thumpstar would help 2

hmm well im gunna jump in here and throw a curve ball.

whats your budget mate?..

go to

dhz.com.au - bikes link and have a look at the dhz70 160r..

theyy are a very well spec'd bike.. for round the same prices that your lookin at
________
Wendie 99

Last edited:
2006 though... so much has changed, parts wise.. all the china bikes are catching up.. and flame me if you want BUT.. i'd say an 06 thumpstar and an 2010 china i'd go the china..
________
Help on love

Last edited:
yea i know what your saying... since where throwing ideas in what about a revMX?would be much much better than both of them bikes and its the 160HO or z155 (there was some debate about this right?) and it has linkage and a whole world of better parts like O.K.O and stuff witch would save you thousands trying to build the pit pro up to that... i have a pit pro and can say its no where near as nice to jump as other bikes... even if im comparing to a 09wr250r and 2000wr450/400f (cant remember witch, we sold it now)

the thumpstar would be worth it if you like to throw cash around and are a bike collector but for a first bike i think its a waste of 2k.

the pitpro is a heap of junk for the price, pretty much same quality bike can be brought of ebay for half the price..

now if you got that much coin to splash around go for something more modern..like a DHZ crf70 style or a TTR style(pitster pro, ciniworx, revmx).

also how long r u thinking of keeping it? the thumpstar will hold its value alot more where as the pit pro will more than half as soon as u hand over ur cash lol

wow ok thanks for the remarks guys. Um yeah i dont really like throwing 2k around for a first bike but i thought if it was a good deal maybe... but not sure. 1500 was kinda what i wanted to spend i guess. so maybe ill have a look at the dhz's etc and see what else is going. i want to do a bit of all riding i guess but most prob be doing more trail than big jumps until i guess some experience under my belt. i realise that the thumpstar was a great bike in the day but yeah its 4 years old and even though its in mint condition its still old. and no at this stage im not a collector lol just wanna muck around and have some fun. heading back to see the thumpstar now so ill see if i can grab some photos and post em this arvo and see what u guys think. so have we junked the pitpro 160 r for $1550? no good? :D

hey sean01....u talking about the revmx ttr 155z? ive been looking at their site and it says $1999 + post. for 1599+ ill buy 1 tom lol i never looked at them before tonight and yeah comparitively they pretty much whoop everything else :D where can i get that price?

If you are willing to wait and look around a bit, I recommend the DHZ 160..seen a few really good ones go real cheap second hand ($750) that haven't seen much use and are in good nick..that thumpy seems way overpriced..but they are as strong as all hell!! Great bikes just depends on price and what you think..

forget the thumpy,, no one pays $2000 for a 4 yr old second hand pitbike,, go the dhz it has the better motor plus gpx forks and dnm shock and a 5 litre fuel tank, and from my experience owning a dhz and a pitster pro ,, the dhz is just as good,, the reality is with most of these bikes the engines are the same,, and dhz 160 suspension is equal to pitster pro, rev mx and ciniworx, other than that most components are the same other than bling bling which doesnt affect performance or strength,,,, go with the dhz ya cant go wrong for value for money

hey sean01....u talking about the revmx ttr 155z? ive been looking at their site and it says $1999 + post. for 1599+ ill buy 1 tom lol i never looked at them before tonight and yeah comparitively they pretty much whoop everything else :D where can i get that price?

Hey guys,

As you know we have more stock coming in, more bikes, more parts, the 175z!!

We have 4 TTR155z bikes left which have to go now! I am now offering these last 5 bikes
for a crazy $1,599 + $100 postage Australia. These bikes need to go to make way for
the new stock coming in, If anyone is keen please PM me right away.

This price will never come around again so dont miss out, this is a one off price !!!
Russ,

hit him up mate...

yeah sean i just did last night. said he had 1 left so thats me a happy man :D such a better deal than anything ive seen so far and def makes for an easy decision in so far as what bike to choose lol.
Thanks to all for the comments and help. revmx will be mine.

Dude revmx has linkage, that would make a big difference. be interesting to test one with and without linkage to see the difference.

Cheers Jono

i baught a thumpster of my mate for $200, it's a 2006 model. runs fine and it is in good condition, but he told me it was a genuine thumpstar but all the stickers are gone, i remember when he first go the bike it had the propr thumpstar stickers on it, but i was wondering if there was another way to tell, like buy the frame shape or something?

Latest posts

Back