PitPro vs Braaap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McDo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm new here so i need quite a bit of help. My username is McDo, because that's McDonalds in French (i'm not french this is the first thing that came to my mind), but my real name is Daniel. I live in Melbourne, Australia if any of you were wondering.

So, i'm 15 years old and looking to get a pit bike, from reading your forums (for a while) you guys have said that Braaap is over priced and you can get better with Pit pro, but other places i've heard good reviews about Braaap.

My question really is, which bike should i get?

I was looking to spend nothing over $1,500 for the bike + shipping (if you chose Braaap i can pop down to a store for pick-up). I'd be riding it around, going fast over mountains (with a trail) and maybe every now and then muck around with my rich friends who get like Husaberg bikes and race bikes.

I need reasoning for your choice as some of your examples might not apply to my situation. I'd prefer people to comment if you have experience with these two bikes, but i am open to anyones point of view.

If it matters i am about 5"1, so quite short, and bikes with a seat height roughly around 70-80cm look to be perfect for me. I think you're kind of understanding what answers i need, so any type of help will be much appreciated!

If i get a bike, i will definitely be active on these forums, but apart from that, just check every now and again to see your answers. :loki21:

alrighty mate. First of welcome to the forums.

Alright so dont go with a braaap. As you have sated they are way overpriced. By about 4000

Go with a pitsterpro Lxr 160Ho or if you can afford one a 190cc

Much better bikes overall bigger frame so they feel so much nicer also the linkage system is awesome.

Im 6ft 2 and can still ride my Lxr perfect.

Other then that only you can decide on what you really want. But dont go with a braaap just because they have all the fancy bling and stuff on them.

alrighty mate. First of welcome to the forums.

Alright so dont go with a braaap. As you have sated they are way overpriced. By about 4000

Go with a pitsterpro Lxr 160Ho or if you can afford one a 190cc

Much better bikes overall bigger frame so they feel so much nicer also the linkage system is awesome.

Im 6ft 2 and can still ride my Lxr perfect.

Other then that only you can decide on what you really want. But dont go with a braaap just because they have all the fancy bling and stuff on them.

I have to say, visually they do look better, and i guess they reel you in with their "easy customizable options"

Thanks for your input, i'm in no rush to buy a pit bike, i was thinking round about christmas time.
Appreciate it!

Just another two quick questions

1: Are you referring to Pitster pro or Pit pro

2: Does it matter a heap whether i live on a farm or not?

If your planning on doing trails, I'd honestly suggest getting a 17/14 wheel combination pitbike. You just feel the bumps pretty bad on a 14/12. But then again, if you had decent suspension it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

I would have a look at some Pitpro/Atomik Bigfoots, Atomiks are always up for auction on ebay, starting at .99c with no reserve. I bought my 125 Moto-x for around 500, and my Atomik Fury for around 1000. So pretty damn cheap. Both threads are in my signature if you want to check them out too. The bigfoot models would be a good starting point, and if you can get one with a 160 in it. That way when your after more power, which eventually you will be, you can move straight to the TB V2 head, and 64mm bore and take it straight out to 184cc. Alot of people on here run that setup, and I have not heard of it being too un-reliable. The suspension is not much to go by, but its alot better than other models too. But just research, check out the reviews section of the forum, there is plenty of good info there, and when you've got your bike, check out some of the build threads and get an idea of what you want to do, and how you want to do it.

Welcome to Miniriders !

pitster pro is a far better brand than pit pro, but a pit pro would probably do you fine for trail riding. i cant see you getting a lxr new for 1500, does it matter to you if its a new bike or second hand?
if it has to be a new bike the dhz outlaw 160's would suit you perfectly, just a little over budget....
DHZ OUTLAW 160R, LKI Sticker, New Release
braap's only really become a option second hand, 1500 bucks would get you a really nice braaap, pitster pro lxr etc. braaap are overpriced new, but become worth looking at second hand as you will find many of the better braaaps run dnm forks etc.

I only mentioned Pitpro as I knew they did 17/14" wheeled pitbikes, I dont think Pitster pro do 17/14" do they ?

But a DHZ Oulaw would probably be your nest option, as it has the 160HO motor, and Black label forks, And a DNM shock. So theres suspension sorted!

Thank you both for your help.

I know i didn't mention this earlier, but i am quite new to any type of motorbikes, if you're talking about a bike i could get, please tell me why it might suit me and link me to it (you both did that, thank you).

Right now i'm looking at a second hand Pitster Pro and the DHZ Outlaw as you recommended me. I'm not to fond with Atomik as my friend bought a BigFoot one brand new, first day he rode it (he was with me) it clonked every 50m, and he isn't a beginner motorbike rider.

If you think any other bikes would do the job feel free to share other bikes, as i mentioned i am looking to actually PURCHASE these around christmas time.

You can get the motovert pro type r 160cc down here in melbourne to mate, pretty much the same bike as the pitsterpro. made in the same place. very little difference between the two of them. $2500 with the 17'-14' big wheels aswel. And $3200 with the big wheels and the big 190cc anima race engine.. great bike. highly recommended.

IMG_0504.JPG

Last edited:
Go for the pitpro! I've had mine for a year now and thrashed the **** outa it and it still gose hard :boxe:

Mine was 800.. get one for 2500 it would be a beast

yea arnt bigger wheels a bit slower to? I have 17" bridgestone on the front nd 140 pro gee ruber 12" on the back feels way better that 17-14 or 14-12 IMO and gose awesome hitting stuff and doing jumps

yea arnt bigger wheels a bit slower to? I have 17" bridgestone on the front nd 140 pro gee ruber 12" on the back feels way better that 17-14 or 14-12 IMO and gose awesome hitting stuff and doing jumps
yeah they feel better when you hit stuff, eg on the farm i will probably run larger wheels..
But as soon as i touch the track i have to have the little wheels on for precision and responsiveness with the bigger wheels on it feels like im riding on sand lol..

At 15 and 5"1' I'd be going for an 88

Latest posts

Back