Pitster LXR TTR Mock Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanki

Reaction score
Thought I post up some Pictures and details about my mini, currently piecing together slowly

Specs:

Pitster LXR (Unsure of Year)
Completely Stripped
Frame Powder Coated
Fork Disassembled and Powder Coated (due to black fading to gold)
Forks all rebuilt with new seals and fresh oil
All New Bearings Everywhere
Pro Taper Bars
Shortened Rear Subframe
Klx Yoshi System (currently modifying pipe to suit)

Using the engine out of my old china ally frame mini which is a
Lifan 138cc
Has Z40 Cam fitted with ported head with 3way valve grind
Mikuni Carb (possibly changing after reading some info on flat slides)

Custom Rival Ink Sticker kit to match my big bike

Im Currently trying to sort out wheel and brake situation as I brought the Roller from Perth but was missing more than I thought. Test fitted some old wheels I had but cannot get the rear wheel to sit centre. Front wheel would work just having Dramas with the Brake Setup I brought not fitting with the Pitster Front Rotor.

Cheers for having me lurking around keen to get it going and get out to a few Mini Events.

Cheers Justin

Pictures I Purchased Roller From
IMG_8806.JPG
IMG_8809.JPG

Assembly
B57F6799-F4A3-4B44-B128-2698F501C11A.JPG
77606930-02A2-4CA4-B778-C7569780529E.JPG
B682E3F6-C663-4266-B70D-B40F3CBF5948.JPG
E4658443-E0A0-487F-B752-4DCC48B03F0D.JPG

Currently Sitting with Old Wheels Until I work Out Wheel Problems
18E5A70B-01F6-487F-A345-165F76477228.JPG

My Other Bikes
IMG_9759.JPG
Some Parts Been Robbed from Ally Frame Bike (That'll Be the Next build to put Mrs Motor Into that frame)

Sorry Still Learning How to use site Pictures seem soo tiny

How far out is the Rim off being centered?

might have enough in the spokes to move it over

How far out is the Rim off being centered?

might have enough in the spokes to move it over

Nah it's about 10-15mm I have the original wheels here which look quiet good quality however I'm missing the brake rotor adaptors and have heard the sprocket side of rear wheel gives few dramas, also found that only really one rear sprocket available for those original rims! So still deciding what to do! Would like some quality on it rather then the old china ones I have from another frame! I also have the problem of the front brake kit I got from Dhz doesn't work with the pitster front rotor. So that's another hurdle to overcome.

dont panic, we can click on them to enlarge.

Looks like it has steel subframe so its pre 2012... looks clean though.

Yes definitely has a steel subframe which I had to do some straightening on hahah! Chopped the rear section under the guard off as seems bit useless to me!

She's came up a treat , so clean

Thanks for positive feedback actually really loving how it's turning out! Can't wait to have a ride next will be trying to get bit more out of the 140 I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah it's about 10-15mm I have the original wheels here which look quiet good quality however I'm missing the brake rotor adaptors and have heard the sprocket side of rear wheel gives few dramas, also found that only really one rear sprocket available for those original rims! So still deciding what to do! Would like some quality on it rather then the old china ones I have from another frame! I also have the problem of the front brake kit I got from Dhz doesn't work with the pitster front rotor. So that's another hurdle to overcome.

You probably will have enough in it to move the rim over.

stock hubs are good but might be tough to find the adaptors, ive seen a couple sets of the hubs semi recently on facebook pages but they sold pretty quick, might be easier to just buy a complete new set of wheels. classichonda50's have 4 sprockets for them to.

was the brake you got the LXR one?

You probably will have enough in it to move the rim over.

stock hubs are good but might be tough to find the adaptors, ive seen a couple sets of the hubs semi recently on facebook pages but they sold pretty quick, might be easier to just buy a complete new set of wheels. classichonda50's have 4 sprockets for them to.

was the brake you got the LXR one?

I can get the adaptors from France, seem to stock a bit of Pitster Parts I had to get top engine mounts from them. I might just order them over. I believe the front brake setup was for LXR was brought a while ago now but cannot seem to find them on the site any more. Might bite the bullet and get some YZ80 Stuff and make up adaptors.

Had a quick look on classichonda50s but their sprockets have 76mm centre hole my hub has around 50mm

Last edited:
THe bolt size and PCD is all that really matters. I opened up the center of a KTM sprocket to suit a MC19 cush drive for my DRZ tard conversion, hasnt posed a problem at all.

New caliper arrived today along with the brake adaptors from France! Everything is stripped down to get hubs powdercoated so all brakes and hubs sorted! Now I've got to either get the rim outers repaired if that's even possible, or try find some rims to suit my hubs! Engine is all in and wired up! Yoshi is all cut up waiting to goto fab shop to have it all tig welded back together. Decided to ditch the air box and just run the filter on side as most people do by the looks! Ended up using few old parts that still work from my other mini for now I just wanna ride the thing hahah! Almost got my little track all sorted now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back