Pitster Pro 155Z Engine Review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttsy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has bought this engine yet?? I am looking at buying a new engine for my vert rx50. Just wanting to know opinions.....

Wogtaz Ryder and SAGAONE should be able to fill you in with some Good Info about the 155Z Engine...hey boys???haha!!!

If I were you the 155Z would be the ONLY China Engine Id be looking to buy...they seem to be the Best China Engine going around at the moment ;)

Won't be long before the YX169 comes out as well. I'm waiting to see what that is going to be like first before deciding. ;)

The 155Z does seem like a very good motor though.

Last edited:
yeh righto... thanks guiys. think i might wait for the yx 169 and see what happens.....:rolleyes:

that may of been because the motor was the first of them.
it ran part of a Yx.

Hopefully they have sorted it..
tho i reckon pitster would fix it if it happened.

they said they fixed it with a new 2mm thicker case

Guys, the motor that failed was one of three FULL MOD PRE PRODUCATION Z 155 engines, since this time and including ALL LXR BIKES the Production engines have been strengthen, the area between the bearings in now 2mm thicker then this pre production case as well as many other areas of the case.
We got three pre production z155 last March to test and build for our ATV and a few LXR bikes for Vegas, this is one of them. For the record, this bike did slide out in a corner (and because of a poor attitude from a rider) left on the track, however after that it was picked up and started and driven right back to the pits without a problem.

Also keep in mind this is in a full mod race engine with high comp and plus r head and 182cc

I am sure once you see the new engine we have sent you for free you will notice the improvements in the case etc...

Yeah Matified explained it ...

I take it that people have seen this before (YX172 four valve) ? :

YouTube - Dirtmax YX 172 4 Valve Head

A guy on Planet Minis claims that they're faster than his CRF150R plus reliable ... He's a well respected pitty racer ...

Yeah Matified explained it ...

I take it that people have seen this before (YX172 four valve) ? :

YouTube - Dirtmax YX 172 4 Valve Head

A guy on Planet Minis claims that they're faster than his CRF150R plus reliable ... He's a well respected pitty racer ...

wow! that sounds so good, like a cougar growling. you got any more info/specs on this beast?

we got here two completely destroyed heads...they seem to be made out of recycled soda cans...but they did growl good... for a week or so!:p

What happened mountain ... valve tangle and bent valves ? ... Their cam chain setup didn't look too good to me ...

what performs better, the 184cc v2 top end or the 4 valve head?

What happened mountain ... valve tangle and bent valves ? ... Their cam chain setup didn't look too good to me ...

if you believe it or not the rockerarms bend:eek: and the valveguides looked after 5(!) hours worse then the ones in my 3 year old Ducar whore:p....they say that the newer batch now is reviewed:rolleyes:...mm.. I would go 184 V2...thats forsure !

fuck some mini guys make me laugh, faster than a crf150r hahaha he is only kidding himself

Mounted the 155Z last week and had it on the track(Motard) yesterday.

Installing it: Straight forward! I had a Lifan 140 before and it poped right in. Only thing to be aware of is to get an exhaust that fits the new style setup. the 155Z set from DHZ came with every little thing needed.

Starting it for the first time: As soon as the fuel had entered all the places it need it fired up.

On the track and adjustment: Started on first kick. After the motor was proper warm I rod it HARD! I had to do NO adjustment to the carby which I was quite surprised over but pleasant surprised that is :)

Performance: As I was use to the Lifan 140, the 155Z BLOWS the old motor way out. The first gear is not really usable but 2->4 is good. Clutch is working well to. For gearing I ended up with 15/37 - that seem to fit the Archerfield track.

Upgrades: I have order new head, roller rocket and more. Will be installed sometime the next 3-4 weeks. As I can understand, this should make it go like crazy! Will post some review and Dyno's when all is done.

Latest posts

Back