Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyFork

Reaction score
Hi all just got me hands on a small pitty with 12 inch rims and a smaller farm compared to my yx 160 Bigfoot. The bloke I got it from said it was a pitster pro 160 r spec engine. I looked at the barrel and it's stamped z155. He said it came from dhz not sure if he's talking about the bike or done an engine swap from dhz. It's stamped 2009 on the vin plate but I'm not sure if this is the original engine. What's more I don't know much about them. I've read that the earlier versions had gear box problems. I'm hoping this is a newer model. Is there a diffrence between pitster pro z155 and 155? Is there a r spec engine of these and how do ya tell? I just want to know what sort of engine I got and weather to use it all not

z155 good engine, what i currently run with the tb head. same engine as the 160ho just with smaller stroke.
6 plate clutch
dont know about the box on this particular one but mine is nice and tight

Z155

160ccm2.jpg

Z155HO

FOTO%20MOTOR%20Z.jpg

It appears i have the HO and would only go the ho for clutch reasons

You learn something new every day.. i think i will lurk in a corner for a while now :p

Well I got a stock z155 it looks like. I have been told there was a bottom end upgrade in later models. Do the later ones run a needle bearing? Any other way to tell if I've got a later one without splitting the case? THANKS FOR THE PICS TOO!

you might be able to see the gearbox bearing type if you took the r/h cover and clutch off ?
compare the look of this bearing to yours-
DHZs' upgraded case/gearbox kit

you can see here, my YX160 doesn't have the needle roller bearings on the rear output shaft

Hi all just got me hands on a small pitty with 12 inch rims and a smaller farm compared to my yx 160 Bigfoot. The bloke I got it from said it was a pitster pro 160 r spec engine. I looked at the barrel and it's stamped z155. He said it came from dhz not sure if he's talking about the bike or done an engine swap from dhz. It's stamped 2009 on the vin plate but I'm not sure if this is the original engine. What's more I don't know much about them. I've read that the earlier versions had gear box problems. I'm hoping this is a newer model. Is there a diffrence between pitster pro z155 and 155? Is there a r spec engine of these and how do ya tell? I just want to know what sort of engine I got and weather to use it all not
i bought a 160ho of dhz. a few months back. barrel stamped 155z. they stamp all the same chinese barrels that that get used for the yx gpx zs pitsterpro etc

Latest posts

Back