Pitster pro X4R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
This is my pitsterpro X4R build thread, this is it when I first got it, I will put up more photos and mods list later.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381670603761.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381670603761.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 41
would cleaning the clutch case with a wire brush attachment on a grinder then clear coating it with heat proof paint make it look clean and catch less dirt? Also what could be the cause of a 2nd gear false neutral?

cleaning the case with paint stripper would leave a better finish for clear coating it.
then coat it with clear engine enamel.
giving it a light sandblasting or bead blasting would be an easy job, it leaves an even finish,
and is an excellent base to help the clear engine enamel stick to.

a wire wheel will mark the alloy, and it is very hard to make it look even.
and it also leaves a pitted type finish

second gear problems, could be the lever that's spring loaded and sits in the shift star
either the spring isn't returning properly, or it's stretched, or the notches in the star aren't deep enough.
it could be the shift drum or the shift forks are worn, was there much movement up and down when you fitted them together ?

Last edited:
Don't remember much movement up and down when i put it together, i believe it might be that the gear shifter is too high and i'm not clicking it far enough, it doesn't happen that often anyway. I ran into another problem today with my back brakes, they were rubbing the disc without me pushing down the lever so i pumped the lever and opened the bleed valve then closed it and released. it has now lost all the pressure and does not pump out brake fluid whatsoever. There is also brake fluid coming out the bottom of the master cylinder seal. could this be a broken seal?

Could someone help me out, i tried getting the rear brakes working today and i'm out of ideas. :(

Also DHZ told me that the 6 plate 160 HO clutches don't fit the old 155z engines. Is this true?

did they say what the difference is, or why it wouldnt fit ?

the only thing i can see that is different is the amount of teeth on the big gear at the back of the flywheel.
the newer models have the 67 tooth gear, the older ones have a 67 tooth gear
so if you changed the gear on the crank in your old ZS155, to the newer gear that comes with the clutch kit,
i would have thought that it would work ?

just the lead is better than the standard one.
the coil would probably be the same as what you have now.
you can buy the lead for around half that price.

the splitfire lead is definately worth it.
i have on one my Atomik Fuse,
if you get one kick over the bike with the spark plug out and earthed to the head,listen to the sound the spark makes.
now fit yiur new splitfire lead and do the same, kick it over, you will hear the higher power crackle when the spark fires, and it will be brighter too
they give out a consistant high power spark,
the bike runs more efficiently by burning more of the fuel/air and will make a little more power.
rodney68 also runs one on his sons race bike, and had the same findings as me too

Latest posts

Back