Pitster pro XJR50 or CRF50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domotox

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have the minister of finances approval to get myself a 50. I am buying new so I know exactly what has been done to the bike and obviously the enjoyment of doing it.

I have narrowed my 2 searches down to the Pitster pro xjr50 after seeing minifighters build and the obvious choice of the CRF50.

I am just having a hard time deciding between the 2 and I think it's not only quality but the price after the build that I am thinking of. Basically after purchasing the bike and doing everything that I want to the CRF is going to be over the 3 grand mark and the XJR will be around the $1300 so there is a massive difference there.

But is the quality of the crf going to outweigh the price difference of the 2.

Could anyone comment on what they would purchase or even a review of the XJR because there does not seem to be much info other than minifighters review.

Hey Dom. For me this is a no brainer. Get the CRF. I think the quality does win out here in the end. But Yeah the dollars add up very quick with a build. And if you ever come to sell it, you won't come close to getting it back. Also, the build never really seems to be finished. There is always more to do to it. Don't go the pitster route for this one. I think you would regret it later. What mods did you have planned for this build?

Last edited:
Hey Dom. For me this is a no brainer. Get the CRF. I think the quality does win out here in the end. But Yeah the dollars add up very quick with a build. And if you ever come to sell it, you won't come close to getting it back. Also, the build never really seems to be finished. There is always more to do to it. Don't go the pitster route for this one. I think you would regret it later. What mods did you have planned for this build?

Hi Swapper
I actually made list of what I wanted just before I read this.

Red baron Frame
Fox float shock
+2 swingarm
TB hd springs and +1 legs
Pro taper kit
BBR heavy duty foot peg bar and pegs
BBR gear lever
BBR brake lever
TB88 kit

A fair bit of cash to outlay and I am still trying fix the KLX110 at the moment but It think I have that sorted.

Hi Swapper

Red baron Frame
Fox float shock
+2 swingarm
Pro taper kit
BBR gear lever
BBR brake lever
TB88 kit

A fair bit of cash to outlay and I am still trying fix the KLX110 at the moment but It think I have that sorted.

that would certainly make for one sweet ass fifty. If you want that level of build you definitely have to go Honda. No two ways about it.

Cheers guys
spoke to the guys at Honda and they told me to wait cause there will be a sale soon. Pretty keen on the crf now.

Cheers guys
spoke to the guys at Honda and they told me to wait cause there will be a sale soon. Pretty keen on the crf now.

Sweet man, May as well start ordering those parts from the US of A NOW !!!!

Hi Swapper

Red baron Frame
Fox float shock
+2 swingarm
Pro taper kit
BBR gear lever
BBR brake lever
TB88 kit

you dont need to load the bike up with all that stuff straight away.. do the basics and enjoy the crf50 first.. then start swapping in the 88 kit , swinger and frame if you really think you need it..

Id look around for a xr/crf stocker that already has some mods , it will save you a bundle of cash.

There are some neat stockers getting around cheap

Id look around for a xr/crf stocker that already has some mods , it will save you a bundle of cash.

There are some neat stockers getting around cheap

Been looking and i am struggling to find anything

i know im a bit late but for anyone on the topic. i went the other way to msot and got the xjr50. love the bike besides needing taller bars from the get go and a rear shock being a good idea. once a bigger exhaust is on it they are great fun. i reckon there worth the money. remembering you get what you pay for.

having a small problem with it now but its not pisters fualt... anybike could do it so it isnt a neg it my fualt for chaning parts ahahaahah

idk i would just get the crf 50 just cause idk... more reliable i think.. nothing against pitsters but i just think for a 50 i would go with the crf..

Latest posts

Back