pitsterpro X4R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12599

Reaction score
ok, soo if you read my previous thread, im keen on a pitster pro x4r. now iv read everything on the net about them, yet cant really find much from a buyers point of veiw (someone) that owns one. soo if you own one or maybe have some info on them that i havnt heard, pics would be awesome too (without plastics) ect. and is it worth the extra money to get zokes as it will be getting quiet a flogging :), but yer if this is in the wrong section sorry. I would like a review on: the X4R, and zokes (forks) Marzocchis. :) and all this crap on tranny problems with the 155z???

Have you checked out planetminis mate?

I think you would have more chance of finding guys riding X4r's on there than you will on here! :D haha.

Ive heard the GPX Forks work fine with an oil change and personal adjustments...if I were you Id save the $$$ instead of buying Zocchies...plus the ones you buy from PitsterPro arent GENUINE Zocchies!

Yeah you should ask on PM mate...probably more chance of getting FeedBack...unless you call Pitster Pro AUS directly and talk to them about it.

I think you would have more chance of finding guys riding X4r's on there than you will on here! :D haha.

Why is that? They have been out here a hell of a lot longer.

Do a search Milfboy you lazy bugger. :rolleyes: Numerous threads on these.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-reviews/24995-pitsterpro-lxr-z155cc.html

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/24541-pitsterpro-quick-response-tech-help.html

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/24709-pitster-pro-155z-engine-review.html

Speak to Wogtaz or Cutters. They are the guru's on this.

EDIT: Sorry just realised you did'nt mean the new one. Will still be helpful info though.

they are genuine zochies but I'd save my money the GPX forks seem fine
We get calls on a daily basis about forks.

How are the GPX forks vs the Marzocchi forks?
Good questions, forks are a real personal choice. Some guys are real picky and some guys can just ride whatever they can swing a leg over.

We have found that about 90% of the riders are very happy with the GPX forks, specially after a quick oil change. IN fact the GPX forks have been used on our Team bikes in Vegas with WINNING PODIUM finishes. So yeah they do work very very good!! However, the other 10% say "I gotta have my Zokes"

With that said, we offer the bikes stock with GPX forks and for the 10% ers, we also offer the Marzocchi as on option at a very reasonable price.

well mboyg1 have you heard of a racer called Greg Timmins?

if a x4r is good enough for him its good enough for most people!

on the back of an old 50s brotherhood mag it shows his results of him coming first in all these different races and that was when they raced thumpstars

yeh they will be fine. a very top of the line bike. other than the LXR.

He was racing one at hunter jam last.

well mboyg1 have you heard of a racer called Greg Timmins?

if a x4r is good enough for him its good enough for most people!

on the back of an old 50s brotherhood mag it shows his results of him coming first in all these different races and that was when they raced thumpstars

I have said this before as well as many others have to......it has alot to do with the rider and not the bike......so you cant use that as a review/recommendation just because he won on it

I have said this before as well as many others have to......it has alot to do with the rider and not the bike......so you cant use that as a review/recommendation just because he won on it

obviously you misintepreted me what i was getting as is a pro aint gonna race a hunk of junk the mboyg1 was asking about strength of frame and stuf like that and i am reassuring him that the frame has gotta be half decent and the suspenion seeing as the guy isnt that small and he races it

Picked mine up on the weekend champ.
im pretty new to the whole mini thing but have ridden quite a few before and not being biased this is by far the best I have ridden!!!
brakes, suspension, donk everything has been unreal so far!!
havent had it a week yet so isnt really saying a lot i guess but from what I see so far im lovin it!!!!!

awesome mate, soo far iv got no reasons not to buy 1 :) hopefully get 1 around or after Christmas, are the forks real good? im think of getting mine with zokes. but not sure if it worth it. post me some pics, and if you take the plastic of take a pic :)

how much extra are the zokes, i have them and they are sweet forks.

Here is a review for an 08 x4r mate from the states
08 X4R pitsterpro review - Planet Minis

From what I read on there even all the guys racing in vegus mini sx were pretty much using the GPX suspension and standard molkt carbies
The zocchies are offered if ya wanna spend that bit more but apparently all the blokes racing are going the GPX forks. That pretty much sais it to me!! GPX are definately up to the job. Worst case scenario bigger springs and more oil.

but as I said before im pretty new to this but have done a fair bit of research. Put it this way its the first pitbike ive ever felt comfortable hitting jumps on!! It handles better than any other I have ridden. 1 finger stoppies are just a piece of piss. The brakes are really good!! But apart from the bit of tuning and setting the bike up originally mate I reckon they are the ducks guts!!

But feel free to ask me questions champ and I can hopefully answer...got pretty good bike knowledge in general

Attachments

• IMG_4528.jpg
    IMG_4528.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4509.jpg
    IMG_4509.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back