Please help with timing. 155ho with new v2 race head.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

Thompson

Reaction score
I really need some help with my new pitster pro lxr. It has a aftermarket 155ho crate engine and a new v2 race head. When I took off the stock head I didn't set my cam sprocket or flywheel to tdc. I have spent hours searching on line for any information I can find. I set my flywheel to tdc and I'm having problems with the cam chain sprocket. The marking on the sprocket says FL and has 2 notches on across the sprocket. When I installed the cam I put the first lobe towards the cylinder side and tried timing it. I don't know where to set the cam to the right timing and the sprocket has no other markings to line up to Tdc. I have attached a couple pictures of the sprocket and cam. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me with this problem.

PART_1428261162760_.IMG_20150405_131210.jpgPART_1428261123840_.IMG_20150405_131121.jpg

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Those two lines will need to be perfectly horizontal buddy.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
So magneto at 12 o'clock and the two cam sprocket lines at 3 and 9 o'clock.

And obviously both cam lobes pointing towards the piston.

8r3nd0

Sinister 50's
Reaction score
Holy **** balls Micko is alive, so good to see you big fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I Re-timed it tonight and it started right up first kick. Runs strong with a lot of compression. Can't wait to ride this new lxr. last year's pitster was a stock x5. I installed pro circuit exhaust with the v2 race head. aftermarket pro circuit forks and elka rear shock. I finally have my dream bike. Thanks again for everything.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
Post some pics up bud!! :)

I got the same setup. It's wicked.

Go the 184 bore down the track and you will have a good reliable motor. :)

Latest posts