Please help with timing. 155ho with new v2 race head.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thompson

Reaction score
I really need some help with my new pitster pro lxr. It has a aftermarket 155ho crate engine and a new v2 race head. When I took off the stock head I didn't set my cam sprocket or flywheel to tdc. I have spent hours searching on line for any information I can find. I set my flywheel to tdc and I'm having problems with the cam chain sprocket. The marking on the sprocket says FL and has 2 notches on across the sprocket. When I installed the cam I put the first lobe towards the cylinder side and tried timing it. I don't know where to set the cam to the right timing and the sprocket has no other markings to line up to Tdc. I have attached a couple pictures of the sprocket and cam. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me with this problem.

PART_1428261162760_.IMG_20150405_131210.jpgPART_1428261123840_.IMG_20150405_131121.jpg

Those two lines will need to be perfectly horizontal buddy.

So magneto at 12 o'clock and the two cam sprocket lines at 3 and 9 o'clock.

And obviously both cam lobes pointing towards the piston.

Holy **** balls Micko is alive, so good to see you big fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your help. I Re-timed it tonight and it started right up first kick. Runs strong with a lot of compression. Can't wait to ride this new lxr. last year's pitster was a stock x5. I installed pro circuit exhaust with the v2 race head. aftermarket pro circuit forks and elka rear shock. I finally have my dream bike. Thanks again for everything.

Post some pics up bud!! :)

I got the same setup. It's wicked.

Go the 184 bore down the track and you will have a good reliable motor. :)

Latest posts

Back