Please point me in the right direction

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zc2000

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just looking for a little assistance with my carby settings.

I have purchased the Lifan 150 and i have a oko 26mm flat slide and now looking for a ball park jet setting for this combo

The carb is currently jetted to slow 36 and main 96 .... after looking in the forum of carby combo settings i could not find a LF150 with a flat 26mm

would there be much difference in the 140 and the 150 setting or should the main be a little bigger?

Any help or ideas welcomed

Grant

36 96 will be fine, but i reckon 36 98 might be spot on.
you need to pin it in 3rd or 4th and hold it wide open 10 seconds, then pull in the clutch and hit the killswitch. then check the sparkplug, if it's white u need the 98 main jet, if it's a tan kinda coffee color it's spot on.
you should also move the needle up, so put the clip one down from the middle... and get a unifilter

Cheers DVDRip... i will give this a go...

thanks again

mate you couldnt of looked too hard through the thread then cos i have put a post in there when i had my lifan 150 and oko

Pitbikekid,

I saw you setting and wondered about them... do tell how the bike ran?

because from what i can find your setting where heaps different of others i have found.

Running a 40 slow when most seems to run a 36

I was looking for a ball park to run with now with the help of DVDrip i have a place to start and from what i can see in sean01's he also started with a 36 slow.... Mains seem to vary a little too..

i would be happy to hear how it went..

yes i can state that i did i have one of the older batch ones so that could of made things vary but yer start with a 36 and see how things go

Yeah cheers pitbikekid...
I'm happy with what you guys have started me off with ... as i mentioned just wanted the ball park

seems that 36 is a great starting point.

36 pilot seems to be spot on for any engine, mains vary but not much, pretty much 96/98 main works on anything... but tuning to perfection changes that

I see in the jetting thread I said i was running 102 main, gonna have to check that now cuz i coulda sworne it was a 98 on the 160, even tho 96 ran fine

Latest posts

Back