Porting!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe knows stuff. I've read about every thing I could find from him, without paying to attend his school. Picked up a few things working for CJ Batten, too. Airflow is fun. Whoooooooosh!

Yes I was a fan of C J Batten too ... It was especially amazing what he did with sectioned and rewelded iron heads :) ... Bill Jenkins and Smokey Yunich were other gurus with tons of knowledge ...

valve seat cutters!!! best you get a local machine shop to do them. you cant manually do them and get them perfect..

bah, I would rather do it myself..besides, I have a tool fedish.
I got my motor back together today after putting in a new tranny. I was looking on here and saw how some of yall that are griding the valve guide to the port walls and beyond. I had smoothed out my exhaust port before, but since i had it all torn down again I grinded the valve guides to the port wall and just relapped the valves since I dont have any cutters at the moment.
I must say power is wayy freakin smoother. I am running a 28mm carb, which is probably a little big for a 146 but before grinding the guides, tuning was a tad difficult and the transition from pilot to needle range was a daily tune to get it smooth plus it always seemed to run a little rich. Now, I havnt done anything other than adjust the fuel screw, the plug looks perfect. I guess griding the valve guides back really does make a big difference.

Firstly, my apologies for digging up what is now an old (*EDIT: ancient*) thread. However i'm desperate for the missing pictures from this thread.

The majority of the pages don't have pictures anymore... Is there any way of getting these pictures back as it would help myself and plenty of others.

Greetings from the UK :)

Firstly, my apologies for digging up what is now an old (*EDIT: ancient*) thread. However i'm desperate for the missing pictures from this thread.

The majority of the pages don't have pictures anymore... Is there any way of getting these pictures back as it would help myself and plenty of others.

Greetings from the UK :)

old? good threads are like whiskey, they dont get worse with age...but better.

yeah yeah, whatever. *pours another johnnie*

nope. like most forum boards where people have this annoying habit of using outside image hosting... i dare say that when an image is gone...the image is gone. except when using google searches, then they always pop up...but lead you to somewhere completely unrelated. very annoying.

if you post an image on a forum, use the forums OWN PHOTO UPLOADER. i cant list the number of threads here(and elsewhere) where "this image is no longer available as ***has closed their account" etc...error 404! whats another one? geocities has moved! "this domain is for sale"...blah blah, yarda yarda...
if your interested in the "velocity porting" mentioned way back... google "mototuneusa".

the idea of CLOSING ports, reducing their size, seems to go against all logic, but, when you understand how gas actually flows...it makes perfect sense...and works, as an added bonus ;) it isnt about MASS FLOW, but about FLOW SPEED (and momentum)...

Latest posts

Back