Power Mans' my 1971 Z50A K2 resto - Painted Frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Power Man

Reaction score
hello, good news got my frame back and heres what she looks like.

frame7.jpg

fram1.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame6.jpg

if you want to see more please goto these links.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/fatboyslim_18/frame4.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/fatboyslim_18/frame5.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/fatboyslim_18/frame2.jpg

WOW that colour is off the hook look awsome bud good stuff

The color is 2pac , layed down with a silver base coat and hit with a Color Matched colour from honda "Candy Ruby Red" i can tell you how good this looks but it has to be seen in person to realy appreciate the gloss and shine it has.

All that is in the picture cost me $550 , this was parts that where damaged fixed - taillight bracket re straightened , tank dints and scraped actualy taken out with a welder device and cleaned up, blinker mounts straightened, clutch cover scratches filled etc. then primed etc . etc.

thanks i am very happy with how it came out,i am slowly putting things back together. if any one knows, this model has NO compliance but i know it can be registered, aparently after 76 they came out for motorbikes, and i rang some dude from RTa and said that all i need is lights and mirror etc. any one know anything more about that ?

powerman, you make my blood boil. this bike you are doing up would have to be the best mini bike ever made. i had one brand new in those days and i must say what fun i had. good stuff.

haha im glad you like it, i am only 15 and i love the z50s , they where the true start of the minibike craze, since pictures above i have put together new rims and tyres , put the front end onto the frame, its all slowly comming together. thankyou for all your comments.

thats gonna look sweet power man i cant wait to c the finish product.... mikep the white walls on ur friends Z looks sik
sweet bikes dudes

hey gang,
since last pictures i have assembled the rims put on tyres and fitted my polished hubs, i have started to put together the handlebars , and will start to put the throttle pieces on today,

Have a cheerful Christmas and reat new year !!

zed4.jpg

zed5.jpg

zed6.jpg

zed7.jpg

should of got some motard tyres, looks gud how much was it when you first bought it? and r u geting a new motor or polishing ti so it looks gud

I found registering the Z50A no problem, quite cheap to do really. The blue-slip mechanic could not believe I was serious.

Ive attached a pic. Ive kept it as original as possible, only internal mods like aftermarket 4 speed trans, stroker crank, CDI, etc. It should do over 100kM/h. The big carb is the only give away.

Attachments

• 321 090A.JPG
    321 090A.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 23
Have not tried. But it can do 70 without revving the shit out of it.

Anyway really nice work on that K2, who did the colour matching? Can they match the candytones?

hello,
the guy who did my paint does wonders , he has the orginal color chart that honda released for the motorcycles ! , so yeh he found the formula and made it look very original. the guy is so sort after , he even gets people from melbourne to get him to do their bikes, if you want to have a chat to him pm me and i will give you the details.

Mad man , i am just gunna make my original engine look tidy , may polish my center cases, the bike when i first bought it cost me 1200.

Z man, yeh that is a sweet looking U type, is that a chineese engine or is it a ct70 4 speed manual ? neways when you went to get it regoed , what did they go through to blue slip it ? and how much lol ?

Cheers Gang peace out.

Last edited:
It uses the original cases, large port head/carb, bored/stroked to 110cc. The engine looks like a stock Z50A. I used aftermarket 4 speed gears with the original z50 auto clutch, probably chinese gears, bought from ebay but everything works nice on it and it goes well.

As for the cases Im told bead blasting with fine media is the best way to bring them up like new and probably cheaper than polishing, I have not tried this my self yet.

Your blue slip mechanic probably wont even want to ride or test the bike but who knows. I guess make sure everything works and have some documentation on the bike like specs and something that identifies the model but if the guy knows what these bikes are it may not be an issue.

Latest posts

Back