pro taper half waffle grips

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
ok then i though i would give you guys a review of the pro taper half waffle grips.

PROTAPG.jpg

what you see is what you get. i got the soft compound ones but from the looks of things the medium would be just as good as well. i just chose soft because i liked the feel of it better. but man i can tell you these are 10x better than the stock china ones that came on my bike. weren't that hard to install either i just sprayed hair spray in them and slid them on followed by a bit of grip wire.

the are so much stickier and more comfy than the stock ones. and just all round feel better.

for a relatively cheap and easy mod i would say go out when you get your new bars and get some grips aswell.

price: $16 from local motorbike shop.

rating: 9/10

pics of them on the bike will come soon when it is light

i got them on my bike im pretty happy with them and theve lasted a while too!
first pair of non stock grips so i cant really rate them but im sure sheepy's rating would be about right but i wouldnt hesitate to buy another pair when i need to replace them.:)

not bad.....wat other grips have you tried just curious to know which ones you think are best

i have tried renthals, smith and other pairs that i cant remember. they were a while back cos i haven't had a bike for a while but i liked these the best so far. i just wanna wait and see what the wear factor is on them.

best grips ever , all of my freinds got them stupid!!!! 20c china grips from the local mini shop , just putting taper grips on makes the hole bike feeel so different! i got them on all me bikes ,luv em!! ,
and i hate it when i see 10k+ bikes with them china grips on em!!!!! so so so stupiddddddd

By far the best grips I have used. soft half waffle pro tapers the only grip I buy now , heaps cheaper than Renthals for the same grip too. Last ages when you use bar ends. Thumbsup from this side of the table!!!

i use the pro taper dual synergy compound grips and they are good but there's bound to be better...

The ones in the photo look like my stock grips which came with my bike lol.

i got a set of these the other day, i ordered the soft ones but i got sent the medium ones so i was a bit annoyed, but they still feel ok and will probably last a lot longer

these are the only grips i run, ive been runing them for about the last 5 years and all my mx race bikes, now on my motard and also on my stunt fiddy, i always run the soft, easy to replace a set of grips than wait for ya blisters to heal..............

i find mine dont last that long maybe a few months but i ride every week nearly
one prang and there done for but pretty confy and better than the progrip dual density things

the old school scott grips where the best but there new stuff is crap and there all to hard

but your right taz a good feeling grip makes a huge differance in hoe the bike feels same with pegs and seat they are your points of contact on the bike if they're not comfy for you the the bike wont be comfy for you

Hey which side are the waffle bits supposed to go. is it waffle side up or down or what??
or does it even matter???

Thanks guys

I think the waffle goes where your fingers will be able to grip it,
this is why I wish I didn't buy these grips, just couldn't be bothered putting them on the "right" way

haha ok thanks ill ask the sales person when i buy them anyway

i got Pro Taper Pillow top grips today. Will be testing them out 2moro. If i remember ill come back and tell you how they went.

they are the best soo comfortable and sort. I got some blister busters as well, they really help. :D No blisters!
cheers

Latest posts

Back