Pro Tapers for KLX style frames

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
ok here goes
Product : Pro Taper Tucker Rocky SE Handle Bars
Part Number : 02-5280
Bend : Honda Mini
Color : Platinum Grey
Width : 730mm
Rise : 117mm
Sweep : 50mm

• Made with ProTaper AS20™ aerospace aluminum
• Scratch and peel-proof“un-sticker” graphics
• Knurled clutch side for secure grip hold
• 1/4" cut guides to accurately reduce bar width
• Includes high-density foam pad

Now we all know what handle bars are, but whats the difference between them? Strength is one obvious thing that comes to mind if you have ever had a big crash with china bars. There are also other considerations when choosing what bars suit the bike and you. They need to feel comfortable and encourage you to be in the right position to best control the bike.

The bars I am comparing to are stock 2008 Pitpro 140XR bars. Rider wise I am about 6"2ish and around 90kgs. I ride a full size bike almost daily so being able to get comfortable on my pitty quickly is a priority. The stock bars seemed to bend back to much and left you with your elbows pointing in towards your stomach reducing your power over them. The fist thing I noticed when I fitted the Pro Tapers were that they did not bend anywhere near as much. They allowed me to feel more comfortable over the front of the bike as my elbows were pointed out more allowing space for my body.

In this picture you can see the severe difference in bend, being that I was not able to bolt up both sets at the same time I positioned the original bars to "mount" at about the same height with the same tilt.
bar%20bend.jpg

And a pic from the front, note this is only the pro tapers but is so you can see the height of the bars. There are several different types available that fit these bikes however the height and sweep will vary and I believe that most people find these to work best on the KLX style framed bikes. (Will normally have similar height bars on it already)
bars%20front.jpg

Touch wood but I am yet to have a big stack with these yet to see how they hold up but the build quality is excellent, they feel great when riding and I would recommend them to anyone thinking about different bars for there bike.

Btw here are the specs on the high rise bars for you to compare. You will notice that they are 54mm higher then the ones I reviewed and seem to be best on the CRF style framed bikes.
Part Number : 02-5262
Bend : XR 50
Color : Jet Black
Width : 724mm
Rise : 171mm
Sweep : 44mm

tbh i think the high rise ones look ugly on these bikes

just my opinion

nah there the low rise but im just saying the high ones look ugly

i recently put a pare of the crf50 pro tapers on my bike not because I had wrecked my other ones or anything it was mostly just to make my spec list look a bit bit better and give me more bragging rights. But these bars do feel so much better then my old ones and it feels as if they take a little bit of the vibration and shock out of riding. definetly worth an odd $100

i recently put a pare of the crf50 pro tapers on my bike not because I had wrecked my other ones or anything it was mostly just to make my spec list look a bit bit better and give me more bragging rights.

lol
Shops love guys like you...

almost everyone puts tapers on just because they look nice

i did anyway

almost everyone puts tapers on just because they look nice

i did anyway

because they look nice???? because the stock bars feel like **** and they bend when the bike falls over...

i didn't mind my old ones... until I put the pro tapers on and realized how bad the stock bars actually felt. For me it gave better leverage over the front and also helped to keep my weight foward

I've got the high rise ones and I'll admit that before I got 'em I didn't like the idea of them on the 140 and would have preferred the low rise,it was just that a mate of mine got 'em for his and didn't like 'em so I stuck em on to try out and loved the feel of the bend, regardless of the height they still felt better than the stock bars,so I kept 'em and they feel great.
My mate has since got the low rise and I've tried 'em out and they also feel great but I have to say that after trying the high ones the low's felt a bit like shooting from the hip,so to speak.

It's probably also worth noting at this point that the current batch of 140xr's have a different bend to that of masterspoons or my own bikes stock ones,they currently have basically the same bend but the height is somewhere between the low and high rise,which is why my mate didn't like the high rise, coz the bend was right so it made the height feel different,where with me my bend was wrong to start with so it felt better regardless of the height.
The current stock bars actually feel pretty good so the only reason to upgrade is for extra strength.

Last edited:
hey man did you have to drill anythink so u could put ya throttle and shit on

For anyone interested I've been researching bars for the 140xr again a bit lately and have discovered that pro taper actually make a set of "klx110" bend bars. The bars everyone talks of as low and high rise are technically "honda mini" and "xr50" bends respectively.The "klx110"falls in between the two.

HONDA MINI- width=730mm- rise=117mm- sweep=50mm

KLX110- width=724mm- rise=143.2mm- sweep=44.4mm

XR50- width=724mm- rise=171mm- sweep=44mm

It seems that not many people are aware of the specific bend for the "klx110",especially dealers who try to sell the honda mini's as klx bars.However all the stats are on pro tapers website so if your real keen insist on getting them to order the klx ones.
I'm gonna hopefully get a set to try out soon and I'll do a full review on all 3 sets and the differences in feel.
I've tried both the honda bends and can say that the high rise feel better for me, but I reckon the PROPER klx110's would be about perfect in theory.
All this is based on dirt riding and motard may be better suited to something different.

ok here goes
Product : Pro Taper Tucker Rocky SE Handle Bars
Part Number : 02-5280
Bend : Honda Mini
Color : Platinum Grey
Width : 730mm
Rise : 117mm
Sweep : 50mm

• Made with ProTaper AS20™ aerospace aluminum
• Scratch and peel-proof“un-sticker” graphics
• Knurled clutch side for secure grip hold
• 1/4" cut guides to accurately reduce bar width
• Includes high-density foam pad

Now we all know what handle bars are, but whats the difference between them? Strength is one obvious thing that comes to mind if you have ever had a big crash with china bars. There are also other considerations when choosing what bars suit the bike and you. They need to feel comfortable and encourage you to be in the right position to best control the bike.

The bars I am comparing to are stock 2008 Pitpro 140XR bars. Rider wise I am about 6"2ish and around 90kgs. I ride a full size bike almost daily so being able to get comfortable on my pitty quickly is a priority. The stock bars seemed to bend back to much and left you with your elbows pointing in towards your stomach reducing your power over them. The fist thing I noticed when I fitted the Pro Tapers were that they did not bend anywhere near as much. They allowed me to feel more comfortable over the front of the bike as my elbows were pointed out more allowing space for my body.

In this picture you can see the severe difference in bend, being that I was not able to bolt up both sets at the same time I positioned the original bars to "mount" at about the same height with the same tilt.
bar%20bend.jpg

And a pic from the front, note this is only the pro tapers but is so you can see the height of the bars. There are several different types available that fit these bikes however the height and sweep will vary and I believe that most people find these to work best on the KLX style framed bikes. (Will normally have similar height bars on it already)
bars%20front.jpg

********************WHWRE DID U GET THEM, AND HOW MUCH FOR******************:confused:

Latest posts

Back