protaper 3d (tri density) grips review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik boy

Reaction score
protaper 3d (tri density) pillowtop grips review

Hey guys...
I thought i might do a quick review of my Pro Taper tri density pillow top grips i got a little while ago.
hmmm where to start...
feel: The 'Taper grips are a little bit narrower than stock pit bike grips but that's good for people with small hands! The grips are really comfortable if your going for long rides!
vibration: Just as Pro Taper guaranteed these grips really do cut down vibrations! The stock grips were awful! They would just rattle your wrist off! But the 'Taper grips are fantastic! 99% of vibrations are cut down!
wear'n'tear: These grips have a special hard end bit that stops the end of the grip from getting holes in it!
rating: 10/10 really does what it says on the packet!:grinning-smiley-003
thanks
James:)

Last edited:
urrr ok
IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_1705.JPG

really the only pics i got

oh these are the pillowtop grips?

i thought these were rather chunky

you reckon you could get some close ups of the grips

^^ Lol nice try mate i like your style. Have you tried the pillowtops? i reckon there great i use them on my mx bikes. Nice and soft and don't blister the hands. I hear deathgrips are good too but never seen them in shops.

I vote everyone gets a big dose of HTFU and grows calluses ;)

my calluse has a blister on it from today!

I got the pillow tops and they're ok but way hard, deathgrips felt heaps better but a bit too fat.....
bar ends on the pillow tops are a bonus but I run alloy bar ends so chopped em off anyway haha seems like a waste

motorbike city sell deathgrips, never seem em anywhere else

Was gonna start a new thread but saw this :)
Does anyone know any stores in SA where I can pick up some pillow tops?
and renthal 7/8 but 99% sure the bars would be in like every moto store

Was gonna start a new thread but saw this :)
Does anyone know any stores in SA where I can pick up some pillow tops?
and renthal 7/8 but 99% sure the bars would be in like every moto store

ANY Moto Shop who stock Pro Taper Accessories should sell the Pillow Tops and also with the Renthal Bars.

Pretty much Every Moto Shop, you should be able to find them or they will be able to order them in for you ;)

cheers mate.
I have actually never bought accessories from moto shops (always from pitty shops).
so your talking Honda World, Yama world etc... haha
Pretty keen on the red pillow tops though, hopefully they got em

I have gotten all of my pillow grips from North Star Yamaha, they only had red, blue, black and now all black (no grey). Paid 18bucks.

you reckon I should put renthals or pro tapers on my Honda CRF150RB?
I realise that Honda tend to put renthals on their bikes so im leaning towards that..
whats your opinion?
another query, the diameter of the bar itself, is that generally universal (22mm) so it can fit all levers, grips etc..

you reckon I should put renthals or pro tapers on my Honda CRF150RB?
I realise that Honda tend to put renthals on their bikes so im leaning towards that..
whats your opinion?
another query, the diameter of the bar itself, is that generally universal (22mm) so it can fit all levers, grips etc..

lmao... You're going to go renthals because other hondas have them? lol That just made my night buddy...

Put what ever grips you want on.. I have pillow grips on all my bikes now..

way to humiliate me :(
and thats not the only reason mate.
I just have never seen a honda with pro tapers.
and most people have said "get rid of those stock bars, put renthals on"
what would you recommend?
and can you let me know bout that 22mm thing, are all bars that diameter?

Latest posts

Back