Psto.. my new/second hand Lxr clone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So zwebx delivered my bike today, so stoked!! First up, thanks zac, your a champion and hopefully we get the chance to ride properly next time ;)
We went for a quick blat so I could show him my area, had a blast. Zaz got a few photos while we were down there, sure he will post them up when he gets the chance. Im very impressed with the power of the tb kitted 160, and wow does linkage make a WAY bigger difference than I imagined. Very keen to get a dnm at the least for her as its a tad soft for my liking and the psto shock is non adjustable, and has the spring wound reaonably tight.
zocchies are awesome, has twice the front grip of the engis on the braaap pro.
Had a small oil leak when we were riding around, turned out the case bolts were slightly loose.
4eaccd738672f3e1eea21450c6bc6a19.jpg

Thinking the billet pitster pro triples are going to look nice, along with some tapers. Got the triples lying around, just need the cash to get the tapers :) Also need a new rear brake bracket so I can run the 220mm disc
And I need to get the pe28 out and sort jetting out.

Looking good Stu,
220mm disc on the rear ? most have a 200mm
what length rear shock does it use ?

Might be 210mm, its 10mm bigger than the other one. I can always go back to the stock one, but more is better ;) not sure on shock length, but im interested in the cr80 shock conversion I saw on here.

You were right again craig, it is 200mm, I only measured the front, assumed the rear was the same lams (laugh at my self ;) ) I cant get over how well it handled compared to the braaap. A definate linkage convert right here ;)

Well I got something right today, installed the billet pitster pro triples today.
0fd89206d0ac14cd1bee82c9925aa8b9.jpg
b8e6e851a0d0595e4923700eccccecc9.jpg

I also fitted some fork protectors, they were around 2mm to big, so I cut a strip off a rim inner/tube saver and they fit well. I will trim the excess off, but im happy as they should stop the zocchies getting marked up
c0be0b57fea05f8ba7960e91cee9c181.jpg

I think the braaap is a little shattered to be second best he poor girl
e6897e3f12e9459e181f912b6edb2f8e.jpg

Had a small oil leak when we were riding around, turned out the case bolts were slightly loose.
Was that all it was, thank god :p that put a real downer effect on the amazing trip.
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family, not only that we went for a cruise on your minis :p
If anyone was thinking of going to tassie i highly recommend it.. the trip and return is a little costly but there is so much to see and the spirit isn't bad at all (Hey if you con someone into driving there is a bar)
Sooo many tracks stu took me up about 5-10 mins from his house and we were on some gnarly wicked rocky and slippery terrain
Heres a little lake/thing we stopped at
Photo0013.jpg (not sure how to rotate)

Photo0015.jpg

And we climbed this gnarly hill
Photo0016.jpg

The beautiful 100kph winding driver roads were a bit too much for the pug with my heavy foot :p
Anyway needs a new thermostat and boiled then airlocked.. went to bleed it and the screw fell in two all within a hour of check in the spirit.. I am very glad to say that the bleeder uses the same thread and bolt size (in diameter) to the china bolts and glad ONE was left over (took some searching) so i could get back to the spirit of tas :p
I don't think there was anything about tasmania i didn't like.. keen to get back.. certainly when the wr is registered.. every road ends in a trail :p

Photo0021.jpg

Got the travel bug i think.. time to fix the damn car so i can go someplace else..

Videos to come riding the loaner braap :D

As I said, great to meet you mate! I tensioned the case bolts half a turn, no more oil leak :) like I said ehen you were down, your more than welcome to come back anytime. No good about your car, should of torn the thermostat out before you left my place ;)

[video=youtube;pb7LN0D1Spk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7LN0D1Spk&list=UUfCK6by-dwEp7ZYEDMvGO7A[/video]
watch

Any ideas on jetting the pe28 to this engine gents? I have a 102 mains and a 96. The 26mm oko had a 100 in it and that ran great, im thinking with the extra airflow of the 28mm the 102 should be pretty close, but I really dont want to hurt anything...

Any ideas on jetting the pe28 to this engine gents? I have a 102 mains and a 96. The 26mm oko had a 100 in it and that ran great, im thinking with the extra airflow of the 28mm the 102 should be pretty close, but I really dont want to hurt anything...
start ritch, then work lean.. 105 would bee too rich imo i think bigger carb = less airflow.. As in less airspeed over the jets.. less fuel drawn up?

Man you are already giving it more love and attention than i had :p It looks mint with those large wheels i wonder how it handles with them

I got the travel bug now :)

Last edited:
Oh ok I thought being 2mm wider, it would flow more air not less..
They look great, but no idea on how she rides as I need a longer chain. You will be travelling everywhere when your wr is up nd running ;)

Latest posts

Back