Psto.. my new/second hand Lxr clone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28 Hours is usually rebuild territory mate.

Anima is the go. I will be doing the same thing but doubt you will get a 2nd hand one.

My HO has been pretty reliable to the Anima will just replace the YX.

Yeah right, its got nearly forty since I atually rebuilt it so maybe its done me ok lol. I am pretty hard on the poor girl to. Hardest part is that the anima will set me back close to 2000 by the time I get a new pipe, bash plate and the couple of goodies for the anima like decent clutch basket and stiffer valve springs. The dhz bikes are close to that anyway, although I did hear some bad things about their new bikes already.

Man that's a damn good run then. hahaha

My last one only made 25 hours but it copped a flogging. Only $100 or so for a top end kit and gaskets so all good.

You can modify your pipe and bashplate to fit and you don't need better clutch basket and stiffer springs straight away. Just the motor really.

the animas run a crf head port, so the klx style pipe will need abit more of a bend, you wont need to spend big bucks on a pe28, id love to see a mikuni 28mm flatslide on one, id check the clutch nuts on the new 190's too, they're known for being slightly loose, (makes it hard to start in gear)
but other then that, should be 1500-1600 bucks for all the bits,
sounds beast tho,
the tb head must be running mint by the sounds of 40 or so hours,

We cut a wedge out of my klx fmf pipe bent and re welded. Literally marked it out with a texter. Quick job. Didnt buy any parts to fit my 190 after having a yx184 in her

Biggest thing holding me back is cash, we move to south aus from tas in 7 weeks and all our savings have gone into the move :( it will happen though, heart is set on a anima now!

Biggest thing holding me back is cash, we move to south aus from tas in 7 weeks and all our savings have gone into the move :( it will happen though, heart is set on a anima now!

Welcome to the club mate. haha. Except I gotta get them in 2 bikes.

Good luck with the move mate.

So Stu,
have you worked out what route you're taking on the big move yet?
If you're coming via Adelaide let me know and i'll meet up with you somewhere or get you to call in.
And i'll have to get my bike's ready for a weekend away up north with you too.

Still not 100 percent on route, I will basically put our destination into the gps and drive. I have never been the best planner lol. Definately need to have your bikes ready for a trip, bring the whole family if they are keen. Cj will have a blast riding with my two, and my missus is the friendliest woman I know :)

Hmmm, looks nice to. If only I hadnt just sorted out a new heart for the old girl already. Actually getting a great deal so im not to upset, but that does make me reminisce about the 190 awesomeness.

well, id buy the front end of that braaap, id give you stuff, lol not so much money tho, more or so love would count? 0.o yep loco went full loco..... what can i say id do anything....
nah man, if i had the cash id help pay and buy some parts of that braaap, but other then that i reckon your beast is loooking mint!! hows that "secret" coming along ;)

Just paid some legend for a new heart for my girl, should have it next week im hoping! From there it just rear shock and then the bling. Recommended jet sizes for a 184 and pe28?

Hopefully have it on Friday but Monday at latest mate.

I can answer the jetting as I know what she loves. :)

40 pilot
120 main
Clip in 2nd position

Will see if I have some spares of those and will chuck in as well.

Hopefully have it on Friday but Monday at latest mate.

I can answer the jetting as I know what she loves. :)

40 pilot
120 main
Clip in 2nd position

Will see if I have some spares of those and will chuck in as well.
Sweet!! I should have a 40 pilot, if you can chuck a 120 mains in I would be stoked, I have a 118 and 125, but no 120 lol.

Just let me check but pretty sure you can have the 120 main.

I have a tonne of other spares your getting too as I won't need them anymore including the brand new top end kit ready for whenever you need it.

It's a great reliable motor mate. Glad it's going to a good home. You will have a blast. Nice controllable power. Cheap rebuilds. Hope it gives you many hours of fun and helps you run rings around your kids. haha

Mate you are a dead set aussie legend! Will be so nice to have a engine that I know its history, and for the price of fixing my tb head and the bottom end this in my mind was a smarter option. Leaves my old engine as a learning curve for me with bottom end rebuilds with no pressure to get it fixed, it can sit in my shed in s.a for months and I can still ride. I really can't thank you enough nick, and if you need the 120 im sure I can just buy one :)

73f63fb750764c1111fa09a8a1291f3e.jpg

Latest posts

Back