Psto.. my new/second hand Lxr clone

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the biggest load of BS I have heard. TB have top quality cylinders. Run one in my 88 I have had for years and the TB barrell on my 184 held up to some serious punishment without issue.

Not sure where on earth your getting that info from as it's rubbish.

Look forward to seeing this beast Stu!! I was going to do the same thing but never got around to it.
I guess some people have had some bad luck. A mate of mine had a tb 88 and we never had problems with it. I know Chase collins has gone through a few tb cylinders, its why he never ended up big boring his last yx engine. Either way it was probably just really bad luck.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Nick, that 64mm TB cylinder has quite a bit of wear up at the top on the exhaust side

Hopefully the 67mm cylinder's have a steel liner like CH50's has written in the description
I could only find 1 other steel lined 67mm cylinder on the net, it was at OORacing, but it wasn't a TB

I will email jaime before I buy, if he doesnt have one with steel liner then I will go the ooracing one as a last resort. After reading a few things on planetminis Im not going a akunar one, their pistons are significantly heavier from what I read. I was reading about lightening the cam gear and clutch retainer, sounds interesting! Someone was saying for every gram of reciprocating weight you remove, you can gain 30 to 40 rpm, and the guys on there removed 25g out of the cam gear, with no adverse reliability...

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I have been considering that, I remember you mentioning those bucci ones now lol. Can I remove the decomp and still use the s35 cam?

yummmm rear linkage ;) after i got mine i havent really ridden my other bikes lol

If the compression is too much, take the cam decomp off and get a cable decomp.
I reckon you would feel a lot difference with the way it rev's, lighter cam gear, no decomp weight etc, especially when you fit some alloy roller rocker's

If the compression is too much, take the cam decomp off and get a cable decomp.
I reckon you would feel a lot difference with the way it rev's, lighter cam gear, no decomp weight etc, especially when you fit some alloy roller rocker's
Can you see if you can knock the pin out that holds the decomp in the cam itself? Its a little split plin near the exhault lobe I think..

Yeah they are removeable.
You can buy the component's seperately

So my engine is now in this frame, to keep the eldest son happy, I really need to start a seperate thread for the motovert as thats where the 201 is going. Anyway, callum now has the taki headed 178cc engine in and ready to go, just need to oil his filter and do a oil and oil filter change tomorrow.
99fae4eb23c73e2b107b6be930f9171b.jpg
82d758543ef5b918cd723a8de83141e6.jpg

6589ebb27eae05bfba206641a7381b78.jpg

729362586e97354e9dd194170001a9f5.jpg

d34c805028b687efa57dea5d7584c879.jpg

94bb91696c94a5ae51b9cf61c2e91302.jpg

961f26c0cee678073626b220614d0596.jpg

Righto guys, i pulled callums 178 down today to do a top end re build, and just thought i would post some pics and ask a couple of questions.
Anyone know the correct ring end gap for these? The top ring seems way out, not that it really matters as i have a fresh piston and rings for it, but just thought i would ask. Pic of piston ring above also shows the size feeler gauge i could fit in the gap.
I found quite a bit of burnt oil in the head, see pic above, which i found a little weird as it hadnt smoked at all before pulling it down. Any ideas on cause? Hoping it was just letting some oil passed the rings...
I dont like the amount of bend in the timing chain either, whats your thoughts, can i get away with it or is it definitely due for a new chain?
The bore and piston skirts had a couple of nice scratches in them to.

Ring gap is big, they are near the end of their usable life.
Daytona 190 maximum gap is .4mm on the top 2x ring's, .9mm on the oil ring's

I would be re ringing it after cleaning it all up, give it a light hone and fit a new pair of stem seal's
Timing chain is worn close to limit's too, check the guide's for wear also

Head pitting, can't tell how bad it is, you think it's borderline lean ?
Oil leaking past the ring's might be covering it up a bit when looking at the spark plug colour ?

I will try get some better pics of the head. I think it may need decking, one side has a 1mm drop just outside the combustion chamber, you can sort of see it in the very last pic, from 10 oclock to 2 o clock if the pic was a clock lol.

It look's like it's been relieved into the squish band to smooth out the flow around the inlet valve seat and valve, sharp edge's don't help flow, and can also promote detonation
What it the o/d of the inlet valve ?
I think just leave it ?

Are the top outer edge's of the piston flush with the top of the old head gasket when it's together (minus the head)

And i just measured the head gasket that was on it, and has been on it since i bought it, is only 60mm! What the actual ****?
Im just glad the piston sits as low as it does in the cylinder!
705e0bce1696558270e0740328400121.jpg

Might be an Eastern state's thing, boost's the compression ?!? :confused-smiley-013

Latest posts

Back