• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PW 50 carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky_191

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm trying to Finnish atleast one project so looking for a pw50 carb. I got a reproduction one and didn't work. After a genuine Yamaha carbie if I can get one,my bike is 89 I think. Will pay with PayPal and will also need to send to Townsville. Thanks in advanced.

explain "got a reproduction and didnt work" a little bit...

like...did it run? did you do anything, like try different jets, adjusting needles, or it simply didnt fit?

if it doesnt run...do some research into carbs. if YOU do some work, the carb will too...

if it doesnt fit, return it, rant and rave for your money back as the listing was incorrect.

there is no such thing as a genuine "yamaha" carb...nearly every manufacturer uses carbs made by someone else. more than likely a keihin or mikuni is the factory fitted one.

rather than order a pw50 specific carb, find out the carbs model number and order something at least similar... because you can basically adapt any carb to any engine as long as you put your mind to it, and dont expect a 32mm mikuni with spigot mount to fit onto something that takes a 16mm flange mount at most...

ie, a fiat 500(the original one, not the new remake) carb fits the lifan engines perfectly... huh? a car carb on a motorbike engine? yep :)

and NO new carb is EVER going to be a simple "drop in replacement"... you gotta rejet to suit your climatic conditions if you want decent performance... air temp, humidity, height above sealevel... never consistent from one place to another.

I have a genuine PW50 Mikuni VM12 somewhere in the shed, it's possibly been modified though from memory
Standard jetting is #40 pilot and #67.5 main
Also have a Suzuki Mikuni VM15 too

Not sure when i can get in there to find it though

Sorry guys life has been hectic. I got the carbie and fitted it and wasn't even close to starting. So far I have an inner rotor kit,carbon reeds,de restricted exhaust and a top end rebuild (piston,cylinder and head. Also new spark plug. Normally run a 40-1 mix.

I'm pretty sure it has compression.hard to tell since they are so easy to kick over, and it has spark. I got a ebay carb,$20 replacement job and had a few goes at the air fuel mix. Kinda putting it down to a cheap carb.

Has any one got a cheap replacement to work ? Could some one sell me the carb off a running bike lol ?

Any info on where to go from here would be awesome, thanks guys

Mine has a MINIKI carb on it(yes thats correct) and it runs fine.
it diddnt run to well when i got it, started fine but wouldnt rev real well, old owner couldnt figure it out so he got the ebay carb and same thing
problem was the cheap ass choke cable he got for it, the inner was to short so it was always on. ran fine one id fixed that

Latest posts

Back