PW50 runs then cuts out

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin82

Reaction score
Picked up a 2013 PW50. Bike runs for about 5 minutes then just bogs and cuts out. Won't start for awhile, but then will fire back up. I've checked the spark plug after it dies and it's dry, so don't think it's a flooding issue.

So far I've replaced the spark plug and air filter. Stripped and cleaned the carb and start/run switch. Also added fresh fuel, 2 stroke oil and gear oil. Still no luck...

Any ideas?

Could be a faulty jet in the carb or the Float might be getting stuck try adjusting it
take the bowl off and play around with it try gently bending it upwards if that makes sense dont stress to much about damaging it coz there pretty cheap to replace
Keep us update mate

I had cleaned the jets and tested the float. The level also looked fine. I suspect it has something to do with heat as it only happens when the bike has been running for a few minutes. It's almost like it heat seizes.
I might see if I can get hold of another carb from a mates one and see if that isolates it to the carb.

Yeah that's strange the reason I thought float was that it runs then dies which means it's getting fuel then it's not but honestly dunno
Might have to just work backwards re check everthing even your valve clearance double check all your wiring cdi and try to single out the problem :(

Got a mates pw50 to compare mine too. Tested the stator and CDI and all good. Someone else mentioned that it looks like fuel starvation, so I though I would check out the fuel tap as there's a filter in there. While draining the tank from the hose that I popped off the carb, I noticed that the fuel stopped after a few seconds. Turns out there was a blockage in the fuel cap breather hose which wasn't visible. Cleaned that hose out and bang, runs perfect now!

Latest posts

Back