quad bike help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JahWah

Reaction score
Hi all not sure if this is the right spot to post this but here foes. My daughter received a GMX 50cc quad for Christmas of the grandparents nd the pull start broke so was wondering if anyone.new where to get a replacment one as apparently its not a normal sort of one. Any help wold.be great!

This is the pic of the pull start as you can see its pretty well rooted

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359025380039.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359025380039.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 14
This is how it looked before pulled apart. So.its similar

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359027867788.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359027867788.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 10
And also in canberra there isn't many pitbike shops that I know of. The one I did call said they don't have any pull starts in stock for another few months

pretty much looks the same as the first link i put up?
it just unbolts off the clutch cover

maybe ask the ebay seller to measure the bolt pattern for you to check it will fit,
they are well known for breaking though, they're just made of cheap cast alloy

Yea pretty much the same. I'll flick them a email tonight asking about the bolt pattern and hopefully its the same. Yea the cheap cast alloy sucks but finding a tougher one will be much harder :(

Got a pic of the section that connects the flywheel to turn it?, there is quite a few different setups, but one style in particular thats very common, sometimes its easier to swap the flywheel out to the common style so that you never have a problem sourcing the pull starter again, thats if yours is the hardeer style to find.

Have you still got the receipt for the GMX 50cc ATV?

I will find it out see if it's still covered by the warranty.

If that's the case, you probably can lodge the claim online

and receive the parts for FREE.

Are you the importer mate?

To do the warranty claim for it I.need a mechanic to look at it see a big hole in the pull start pay him to say its ****ed pay postage to send it back.and pay postage to get a new one

Latest posts

Back