Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixterroks

Reaction score
Hey guys. I currently possess a 140cc big wheel that i bought from Foxico. My problem is the way the rear brake system is set up when i press down on the rear brake pedal and it moves the brake piston it hits the swing arm causing the piston to bend (one of the many design flaws of the bike but its chinese). I have replaced it and im still having the issue. I drilled a hole lower down on the pedal so the piston would clear the swing arm but now it doesnt have enough throw to make the brakes work. Ive had a look for a replacement brake pedal but everything i find is too long. PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS!!! The only other option i have is make one from scratch or get a different swingarm which i REALLY dont want to do. Easters coming up and ive spent 3 weeks on this bike already. (can post pics if that will help anyone)

is it the Foxico Manta Ray?

so is the problem something like this ?

have a look at this thread, it might help you upload some pictures
http://www.miniriders.com/general-c...ers-old-new-few-helpful-tips-hints-ideas.html

also while you are here, stop in and say g'day in our Introduce Yourself thread too.
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

but with your problem, it sounds to me like the back section of the rear brake lever is bent around too much and is sitting under the swingarm a little.
take the rear brake lever off and straighten it up a bit with a hammer

and heres a couple of pictures of the brake pedal with the 2nd hole i drilled and hopefully some clear pictures of the clearence between the swing arm and rear master cylinder. another idea i had was cut off the bracket that attaches the piston to the brake pedal and move it in closer so when it attaches to the original hole it will be parallel to the master cylinder and hopefully not hit the swing arm when it moves and engage the brake as well.20140403_204746.jpg

ok,
so is the Foxico bike a Manta Ray with TTR style plastics ?
i'm pretty sure they are basically the same as an Atomik Fuse (which i have)

can you take a picture of the problem

im not sure what type of bike it is. i bought about 2 years ago i think.

right,
looking at your bike from the r/h side,
is the brake push rod (that comes up from the back of the brake pedal) lined up to the centre line of the brake master cylinder ?

see my picture above, the rod is not lined up to the centre of the master.
the rod is leaning towards the left at the top.

could you post a picture from the side of the bike,
one that shows the master cylinder, the frame just above it, and where the push rod connects to the brake pedal all in the photo

did you have the pin through the clevis joint holding the end of the push rod to the back of the brake pedal ?

Latest posts

Back