Rear Brake Problems - RevMX 175

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanK

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Please watch the below video to understand my problem. Sorry about it being on the side, stupid iphone and its recording abilities are not the best.

[youtube]dOgMeQv9fIE[/youtube]

i had the same problem with my lxr, i couldn't even bleed them so i brought new set of jap brakes, china brakes are a nightmare, sorrry i couldn't help , but good luck with it

i have the same chassis and brakes as you got (the rears are the same as the LXR and some gen thumpy too), and all i can say is there a sht to keep working..

i think because of the lack of brake pedal travel you need to DE adjust the rod fully so the master will totally fill the bore with fluid again then try adjusting it back up..

another thing you can try is remove the rod from the pedal and use your hand to try and pump it up, that way your pumping with full travel of the master.. then again connect it back up and adjust the rod to where it feels nice..

i had the same problem with my lxr, i couldn't even bleed them so i brought new set of jap brakes, china brakes are a nightmare, sorrry i couldn't help , but good luck with it

Hey Billy,

What brakes did you buy and how much where they? Did they work once you installed them or did you have to modify the frame?

yea i got yzf master cylinders, kx 65 rear caliper, cr85 front caliper. Its a pretty expensive mod, there is a few things you need todo like make braket for the calipers, and a bracket for the rear master cylinder. I think it's a worthy upgrade if you want to spend $$$ to do it .

i have the same chassis and brakes as you got (the rears are the same as the LXR and some gen thumpy too), and all i can say is there a sht to keep working..

i think because of the lack of brake pedal travel you need to DE adjust the rod fully so the master will totally fill the bore with fluid again then try adjusting it back up..

another thing you can try is remove the rod from the pedal and use your hand to try and pump it up, that way your pumping with full travel of the master.. then again connect it back up and adjust the rod to where it feels nice..

Thanks for your help Sean01!

I went and unscrewed it as far as it would go (so there was basically no thread left in the bolt and started compressing the brake). I then noticed that the tube which attaches to the rear calipers started leaking clear brake fluid.

From memory (i know this is with cars), but brake fluid shouldn't be clear, should it?

I then opened the part of the brake where you put the fluid in and its half empty. What kind of brake fluid should I put in it (planning to drain it all out and then start again.)

I also noticed that there was pain pealing from the brake pedel and noticed the brake is bent, so I bent it back and got alot more play to work with (compression/decompression play.)

Whats everyone use for break fluid?

Thanks for your help Sean01!

I went and unscrewed it as far as it would go (so there was basically no thread left in the bolt and started compressing the brake). I then noticed that the tube which attaches to the rear calipers started leaking clear brake fluid.

From memory (i know this is with cars), but brake fluid shouldn't be clear, should it?

I then opened the part of the brake where you put the fluid in and its half empty. What kind of brake fluid should I put in it (planning to drain it all out and then start again.)

I also noticed that there was pain pealing from the brake pedel and noticed the brake is bent, so I bent it back and got alot more play to work with (compression/decompression play.)

Whats everyone use for break fluid?

Any DOT4 brake fluid will be fine, that clear fluid would just be the junk stuff that comes from china

Brake fluid shouldn't be clear, that's just Chinese fluid for you :p

Get some decent DOT4 fluid and you should be right... However, if the tubing to the caliper is leaking you're going to need to replace that first.

Good luck!

oh yeah, i did have one problem with my revmx rear brake... the rear hose blew out of the caliper banjo. so i had to replace that...

sounds like you have the same problem... and there are reports on here of a few ppl having rear brake issues with these bikes..

Brake fluid shouldn't be clear, that's just Chinese fluid for you :p

Get some decent DOT4 fluid and you should be right... However, if the tubing to the caliper is leaking you're going to need to replace that first.

Good luck!

Ok so i went and got some Dot4 and bleeded the brakes. After playing some more it turns out there is a hole in my rear brake cord. That'll do it. Haha

Cheers for the help guys!

Latest posts

Back