Rear hydraulic disc brake adjustments

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvd20l

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having some problems with my rear hydraulic disc brake. My bike is a 110cc chinese copy of a thumpster.
It has been fine up until the weekend. After we brought it in after about 20 mins, the rear brake was held on without having to push the brake pedal. The bike moves fine as is now but the pads are continually rubbing the disc.
It is fully clasped on and I am unsure of how to open the pads away from the disc like they should be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

first thing to check is that the footpegs haven't bent down and are pushing on the brake pedal, as happened to mine. you can try backing off the adjustment on the pushrod. other than that it may be that the return hole in the master cylinder is blocked, not allowing the fluid to return. Try the first 2 and let us know. As you may know the pads will lightly rub the disc but I assume yours is tight?

I will have a look at the footpeg. But i can't recall it being bent onto the brake. I will let you know.

As you may know the pads will lightly rub the disc but I assume yours is tight

Yes, I am aware of this but they aren't just slightly rubbing, they are constantly on tight.

Thanks guys. The problem was the bent footpeg. I have bent it back up a little and it is ok now. Will have to keep bending it up some more. I might even look at getting some stronger footpegs. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back