Rear shock keeps unwinding itself at the bottom need help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
I got two shocks off eBay for my pitpro and the first one just bottomed out so I used the second one and it was perfect but after two rides it somehow unthreaded itself at the bottom and whilst riding ( just on a straight) it came apart :/ so I took a chunky spring I had from a previous broken shock and put it on the First shock that bottoms out ( cuz the sping on it was thin as **** ) and after a few rides Iv checked it and it's about to come apart like the other one, any helps much appreciated :)

do either of them use a locknut to hold the end onto the shaft?
if so, loctite them and do them up tight

They both use a lock nut,
yeah, I'll be getting some loctite asap,
I tightened the bottom to the shaft then tightened the lock nut onto the bottom is that right?

Nah can't put any photos up for some reason :/

Last edited by a moderator:
These cheap shocks just don't wanna stay in one piece !! :faint:
i'm scared that if i buy an expensive one, it's just going to brake too :/
are cheapies known for doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
i've had 2 shocks come apart like yours.
but both were the very cheap basic ones off my sons dune buggy.
loctite stopped them from coming apart again

this is what they looked like-

$T2eC16V,!yEE9s5jFKT5BSPSo(RPO!~~60_35.JPG

The one I buit from the broken shocks I had didn't come apart :) instead it exploded! Hhaha was awesome just landed a jump then it went kaboom! I did pump air into that shock though and have heard of that happening to shocks that have bits of airin them istead of pure nitrogen, so I've built another one up outa the scraps and it hasn't come apart yet (locktite) and a good tighten of that locknut :) but! As I was assembaling it I notices that rod.. Shaft or whatever is wobbly? It's gonna break isnt it :lol: I have one like that layin around, but it's to soft for my weight :/ also the shock with the wobbly shaft has no gas/nitrogen valve

Latest posts

Back