Recomendations?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrin27

Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently have a TDR 125cc dirt bike. It was my first bike so was pretty good to learn on. Had it for just over 6months now and im starting to get some problems with it starting and it has an oil leak somewhere, my fault as i have not treated it well at all and just thrashed it about being my first bike. So im now looking at getting something a bit bigger, maybe something like a 150cc or 160cc. Looking at spending around $700ish (which i know isnt much but i dont have a great deal to spend). So was just wondering as to what reccomendations you guys would have as to what would be best buy for my money? ive read mix reviews on the Atomik Nitrous.

Cheers.

Hey all,

I currently have a TDR 125cc dirt bike. It was my first bike so was pretty good to learn on. Had it for just over 6months now and im starting to get some problems with it starting and it has an oil leak somewhere, my fault as i have not treated it well at all and just thrashed it about being my first bike. So im now looking at getting something a bit bigger, maybe something like a 150cc or 160cc. Looking at spending around $700ish (which i know isnt much but i dont have a great deal to spend). So was just wondering as to what reccomendations you guys would have as to what would be best buy for my money? ive read mix reviews on the Atomik Nitrous.

Cheers.
Mate suspension on the atomiks is there biggest let down, but if you dont jump and can upgrade the suspension ata later date and look after it a little better it will be a good bike, for that kind of money its that or the pitpro really.

na dont really do many jumps, more soo just trail riding. but yeh do plan on looking after this one alot better so it last longer and then do some upgrades.

na dont really do many jumps, more soo just trail riding. but yeh do plan on looking after this one alot better so it last longer and then do some upgrades.

cool, well if you can find a 150 for 700 then go for it, have you got a link for the bike or your havent looked yet?

apparently parts are bit dodge and have alot of issues where as with the nitrous aslong as you set it up well then there shouldnt be any problems.

Unfortunately i live bit north of sydney haha

have you thought about an engine swap in the tdr?

was looking at that, but the frame is pretty dodge aswell. it was only like $300 when i got it new soo i was expecting it to last long. more was just to learn on knowing i was more than likely going to fall off a few times and stuff haha

I'd go with the nitrous, that's what i got a couple of years back. The big wheeled reign is good too, not much different between them except plastics and frame really, nothing major, both frames are about the same strength, bigger wheels will handle trial riding much better and have less torque and more speed.

fair enough, ive done a swap in a similar frame and had to change the clutch linkage from the stock engine as the one on the new engine was to long to clear the frame but just a sugestion.

changing wheel size on a nitrous a tough task? or would it ruin the whole set up n logistics of the bike??

the nitrous is a good trail bike mate and looks good also

changing wheel size on a nitrous a tough task? or would it ruin the whole set up n logistics of the bike??

yeahs its not a good idea, the nitrous runs a 12" rear swingarm so would need a 14"swinger and the 17" front wheel would connect the engine unless you got longer forks.

riding 14' on both would just sit to high at the back aswell im assuming?

riding 14' on both would just sit to high at the back aswell im assuming?
at worst it would only raise the rear an inch(25mm) may work out but would still need a 14" swinger.

The completed listings will give you an idea of the auction prices>

pockrock88 | eBay

As mentioned you wont get much else for the price, The Pitpro 125RR is the same bike pretty much but with a smaller motor of course

GooseMan-pretty sure you'll need to change the fork clamps to accommodate the wider 17" wheel though"
Im pretty sure the taller wheels would use the same (WIDTH) hub so they would fit straight in between the forks possibly but I would no recommend going to larger wheels on the Nitrous anyway

I have just put an Atomik Nitrous together (Not Mid Size), Almost completed, Just need to do the final little details here & there
I am actually going to change over to a 10" rear & 12" front wheel to lower it for my kids>

http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/35841-thumpinozs-build.html

GPXSHOCKFITTED.jpg

Last edited:
while i had the front fairing off today to put new stickers on I noticed that there was some pretty obvious marks on the underneath, it looks like the front tyre is scraping while landing a jump so a bigger tyre may not go to well!

Maybe with better forks and better landings I wouldn't bottom out so often lol

Latest posts

Back