Recommended Valve Clearance

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

!bmth!

Reaction score
so im sure you all know, but if you dont i have a pitpro 140le with a yx 140 i wanted to know the recommended valve clearance height for this engine, i've watched many of tutorials on youtube so im confident with doing it i just dont know what to set my valves to, and the videos i watch all had different clearances eg . 0.03 or 0.05 or even 0.06

!bmth!

.003 and .004.... also there is tonnes of threads on this already mate... look a lil harder and it saves everyone time.

Regards,
Carlton

thanks guys i just wasn't sure, i shall do my timing and clearances tomorrow as im not happy with the way my bike is running

sorry to double post but i just looked at my dads feeler gauges and the .03 and .04 are like thinner than paper is that right ?

Hey mate the thickness of paper ranges from .002 - .006 of an inch so yeah the gauges being .003 and .004 should be bout as thin as paper

im confused on my dads feeler gauges it have two sets of number on each guage so say there is 003 and on that there is 0.08 so which is inches and which is mm

so i did the valve timing but when i did up the cam sprocket cover the bolt broke inside the cam sproket cover so do you guys know where i can buy one? i have looked on pitpro and dhz and rung up pitpro and no one has any

sorry to double post but heres what i mean about it broke off in the cover
P4195315.jpg

well it has a little taggy thingy that pokes out which makes it about 8.5 cm...about. i will be very greatfull aslong as you have the bolt with it aswell

well it has a little taggy thingy that pokes out which makes it about 8.5 cm...about. i will be very greatfull aslong as you have the bolt with it aswell

Just use quickout's mate. Drill a whole in the middle of it and use a quickout. Job done.

well i ended up getting the guys from dhz to get me one it will be a a red billet on with the bolt delivered for only $20 thnx dhz

Latest posts

Back