Regulator/Rectifier

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zc2000

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm after a little help with an electrical issue... with the Regulator/Rectifier
I have a new Lifan 150 with the single yellow wire i have ran the yellow wire to a
Regulator/Rectifier following the diags on here and with what came with the engine.

The problem is that i'm not getting a steady 12- 14v it goes from 6 to 50+
has any body had this and fixed it? following all the diags but not sure if i'm missing something

Any help welcomed...

are you sure the wiring is correct? those voltages u quoted are unregulated from the lighting coil and will be AC.

I have it going through the Regulator/Rectifier ....
Top left Red
Top Right White
Bottom Left Yellow
Bottom Right Green

But when the engine is running the volts spike ...could it be a dead Regulator/Rectifier

4%20Wire%20wo%20Battery%20HI.JPG

Try this mate

What gave you that idea? :rolleyes:

Explains why his rectifiers not working though

OK guys yes i have that web site and it was great with the 140 but with my lifan 150 its not the same

i dont have a white wire just the yellow... i need to convert that AC from the yellow to DC i have followed the steps in both this diag and the one from the TBoltUSA.com web site and the DC will not stay at 12v its more between 6v to 50+

So the yellow from the motor should go to either the yellow or white on the rectifier and this is have done... is it possible that the rectifier is dead?

the rectified sounds like its rooted, probably a short circuit thats bypassing the rectifier.

Thanks Dabomb... but i just worked out the problem.... the rectifier was not earthing properly i ran an earth wire from the frame back the where i have it and the volts now stay around 12.3 to 13.4

Thanks for you help...

ZC

Latest posts

Back