Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your link isn't working for me ?
it isn't a GPX125 is it ?

not sure what the GPX125 is
mine is a atomik 125 electric start

the coil could be good?
the alloy performance cdi's are only really good for lightening your wallet
they either don't work straight up, they could advance your timing too much, or fail prematurely

do you have a 5 pin cdi or a 6 pin cdi ?
all the electric start 125's i have played with were 5 pin, but your's could be different.

its a 5 pin but has 2 plugs an another box next to it Ill take a photo and post it

Last edited:
image.jpg

This is my current cdi not sure what the other alloy box next to it is.

the plugs look the same as this one but I only have 5 wires coming out of it.

$T2eC16VHJGYFFkuykqedBSNUfr)!Vw~~60_57.JPG

that terminal that isn't used in yours is just an earth, it should be fine without it.

but just watch out, the 6 pin CDI's have 2 different types, an AC fired and a DC fired,
you should be able to work out which one by this pic

CB_CG_vertical_engine_DC_CDI_1.jpg

the other black alloy box is your voltage regulator/rectifier,
it's only used if you have a battery connected and want to charge it, for starting and lighting etc

there are a couple of performance type cdis here-
Advanced Search - Search Results - TBolt USA, LLC
OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components (Powered by CubeCart)

the one in your link looks like it has rounded sockets too, compared to the square/rectangular ones in my pic

i cant tell by your pic, but just push the tab in and unplug it then you'll know for sure
here is one with squarish sockets-
6 PIN Ignition CDI Unit 150cc 200cc 250cc PIT PRO Trail Quad Dirt Bike ATV Buggy | eBay

the cheaper racing cdi's aren't worth the trouble you will have, like the Alloy ones i mentioned earlier.

unless you are buying a decent brand CDI like a TB, OORacing, Takegawa, Kitaco one, but they can be expensive too

Latest posts

Back