Req: Orion Apollo 38 140cc Thumpstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine

still boogies

gota dis those faggy sticker kit tho

and by the looks of it i need to get a custom made 1 as the plastic kit is way different
106_0681.jpg

id say there all the same most of these bikes
bank for your buck yep i must admit there not to bad

like all bikes just maintain it

image_27_8280808.jpg

Hey Guys, Newbie here - but thought id share my new ride that arrives this Friday... Bought it of Ebay as a few others have too...

Some of my mates have these styles of China bike they seem to go pretty good... looking forward in getting mine!!!

Anything i should keep my eyes out when i un-pack it?

Cheers
Frankie

Hey dude- these bikes are good BUT- make sure you dont hurt your gearbox to much in the begining, i did a couple of roosts and nuts and after about a month the gearbox shattered two cogs. Just make sure you run it in properly.

The ducar 140cc has alot of grunt and to be honest im trying to repair my old Ducar 140cc that came with the bike as it was much more powerful than the Lifan 138cc i brought to replace it.

You might want to replace the back shokie if its not ajustable, the seat coz its like a plank and get some Protaper SE's. Either than that the bike is Awesome.

Oh and move your exhaust to the side with a spacer as the back wheel will hit it on the one side and destroy your knoblys.

These are bloody fast bikes too- i clocked mine at 105km/h with the Ducar- Just make sure all your bolts are tight and lock-tighted before you pin it.

Hey dude- these bikes are good BUT- make sure you dont hurt your gearbox to much in the begining, i did a couple of roosts and nuts and after about a month the gearbox shattered two cogs. Just make sure you run it in properly.

The ducar 140cc has alot of grunt and to be honest im trying to repair my old Ducar 140cc that came with the bike as it was much more powerful than the Lifan 138cc i brought to replace it.

You might want to replace the back shokie if its not ajustable, the seat coz its like a plank and get some Protaper SE's. Either than that the bike is Awesome.

Oh and move your exhaust to the side with a spacer as the back wheel will hit it on the one side and destroy your knoblys.

These are bloody fast bikes too- i clocked mine at 105km/h with the Ducar- Just make sure all your bolts are tight and lock-tighted before you pin it.

cheers finally someone replies to this thread - Yeah cool man i havent done too man roosters and shit more just jumps, up shiftting and down shiftting, thou as for the overal bike its been great lost one blot but found it after ridding,

As for the seat yeah man my arse kills shit its hard got links to get another type?

as for the bike i got - it doesnt tell me what engine it is, no writting on it besides the engine number - DJsomething lke numbers etc

its not oil cooled but air cooled 140cc - has more balls on my mates 125cc

tomorrow we ride again

speak soon Thumpstar crew

hey man how can i tell if mine is a Ducar? there is no writting or labels on the engine besides engine numbers that start with DJ?

please help!

well, been riding the thumpstar Orion 140cc, and she still going strong - replaced it with a new rear bridgestone tyre and hello grip, it ripps alot more than the shitty china tire that it came with!!!

all good, got another one coming for my mate!!

just got atomik prox 140 big foot it a mad bike it cost me 820 im putin in a avenger 17 hp motor 4 700 bucks n fast ace schok n front forks bout 700 bucks aswell it will come to a little over 22oo bucks but i reckon it will fly n handle biger jumps wit the fast ae shocks lot cheaper than 7000 4 a honda crf 150

i agree on that

i agree on that and Chinese minds are terrible and Appolo's bikes has good look but their frame is shocking when running LOL
if you wanna buy chinese bikes, only one advantage is that CHEAEAEAEAEAEAEAP
Dacar engine is good engine in China mainland.
if you need quality wheels, there are many in some area i bet not all products are shiit
With china bikes, If your going to buy one you only buy thumpstar copies, ( or geniune ) reason is the qaulity difference between big wheel versions and smaller wheel versions are huge, china is just starting to move into big bikes and the qaulity stage they are at is shocking, Goodluck.

Hello All,

Happy New Year, well just got back from Coffins Bay in Pt Lincoln "WOW"what a ride and what an adventure on my 140cc Orion Apollo.

I have had the Thumpstar for now an easy 4 months and i can say its been bloody good and been working faultless.

The ride on Coffins Bay was tough, i mean mini South Australia Dakar touring. The trip overal was 90km with some of the toughest sand dunes i have ever concoured.

Myself and my other good friend, with exactly the same bikes planned the adventure with our families which hiked the trial in there 4WD's.....

We arrived at Coffins Bay around 4pm on the 30th of Dec 2007, now my good friend new the track b4 hand back in the days in a 4WD but on 2 wheels i think he under estimated the ruggered terrain.

Anyways, all i can say is this, the sand dunes and tracks are tough if you pick the wrong part of the day!

But there is relief in the middle sections that allow breathers and time to grab a drink.

Once you get over the hard section you have a beach stretch that you can open the throttle for about 10kms right next to the water edge.... its an awesome sight to see and the best part its even better when both of you are side by side riding to the landing spot where we camped.

Once we got there we had a break for about an hour to refresh and cool down, it was a very hard ride but knowing what we had achieved my friend said that he would take me to sensation beach, a place that was onthe other side of the bay that is a sight to see, basically your jaw drops and this place was a part where they film the movie or parts of the movie Gillipali "WAr Film".

The track through there was about 10km each way and fuel consumption was fantastic...

NO BULL - we got 45km out of a 3.5litre tank, i was worried on the milleage but it was just enough to get us there to the first major stop at Morgan Landing.

Overal we hope to do this adventure again, but with bigger bikes and spend more time seeing all the secret sopts that arise.

here are some photos of us enjoying what we thought china bikes couldnt do, but they did!

Enjoy
Frankie

Attachments

• IMG_2334.jpg
    IMG_2334.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 29
Looks like you had an awsome trip, tell us about the rego?!?

the rego was just a permit pass for the weekend, just had to get a brake light to work and front head light!!!

simple stuff but perfect for once off thing when you need rego for the bay as the vehicles require to be registered!

cheers

can u take of the stickers once there already on the bike without rippin the stickers and ruining the plastics? as in da pics u had

looks like u had fun, and im pleased to hear the bikes have held up.
this pushes the pro X up my list on "what bike to get"

braaap

BRAAAP'S all the way they rock ive got a 125cc maestro awsome ride

Latest posts

Back