Restore or not

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G II

Reaction score
Honda Z50.jpgHave two 1970 z50, seen a lot of people restoring them but are my two better just left alone, cleaned up and enjoyed or are they worth that much more restored. They are not perfect but nice, some spray can work on the blue one. I'm going to clean them up and play i think. More original the better Right? They were both bought at the same time from the dealer in 1970, VIN # Z50A27 And Z50A28 is this consecutive serial numbering. thanks G II

They sure are consecutive VINs, and from 1970 WOW. I would be thinking that very few people would have what you got in that condition. I'd say this pair would fetch some very good prices from collectors if sold. I'd be putting them under wraps and riding rarely, if a resto was to take place you would want it to be a pro job, I'd leave them until I got advice from actual collectors more so than riders. Thanks for sharing such history and a rare site with us.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

Thanks, I guess i need to find something else to ride

I'm not a collector mate, so def ask the question to collectors, for a more detailed answer.

great bikes dont mod them they bring back good memories for a old guy like me lol do like the guys said ask a collector or get a pro job done on them thanks for sharing your bikes:grinning-smiley-003

They sure are consecutive VINs, and from 1970 WOW. I would be thinking that very few people would have what you got in that condition. I'd say this pair would fetch some very good prices from collectors if sold. I'd be putting them under wraps and riding rarely, if a resto was to take place you would want it to be a pro job, I'd leave them until I got advice from actual collectors more so than riders. Thanks for sharing such history and a rare site with us.

Sound advise I'd say mate!:coolthumb:

Sweet bikes mate keep them original and keep them in the family its wonderful to see classic hondas is such great shape .

Congratz on owning them man :banana:

slightly on.. but more so off topic.. Had a chat to the guys who do ADR compliance the other day regarding having the 50J complied(isnt an ADR frame) and there is quiet possibly good news in order! :) Still need to look into it a little.. but from the hour long discussion I had with them.. its quiet a simple process to have the non compliant frame.. made compliant.. :D and with very little hoops to jump through.. you lot may see a few more Zeds getting registered in the not to distant future if all goes well!

these two are USA type Z50AK2's they are not consecitive numbers as you havent listed the rest of the vins and there is a bunch more numbers in the vin than listed. they are too nice to restore i would leave them original and find a ****ter to resto... nice pickup Mt

Latest posts

Back