rev limiter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssr110rippa

Reaction score
hey guys. does anyone know where i can get a 5pin cdi that has a revlimiter in it? my ssr110 does not have one and i want it to have a limiter. ive asked a few places and never get an answer. all i get is why would you want that? but i have come here to ask and hopefully someone can show me where to find a cdi with a rev limiter.

I have looked at these myself mate and I couldn't find any solution apart from spending a few hundred on a proper unit, stator to power it etc etc. Have a look on planetminis, a guy on there hooked one up but like I said it cost him a couple of hundred.

As for why you would want it, some people just love the sound. I would love it if I could hit the limiter like a 250f, it is the greatest sound in the world!!

Can I seriously ask why you want it though mate , why not just shift gears on time and not rev it so mutch?

i do shift gears on time and i never rev it to the point where its unsafe. i really just want it so if im messin around on a track and can go over a jump and goon out by hitting the rev limiter. its not that i need it bc i can go without it aslong as the bike runs but i just want it. i went to a race that had a pitbike class and all those klx's hitting the limiter just sounded so good.

I have looked at these myself mate and I couldn't find any solution apart from spending a few hundred on a proper unit, stator to power it etc etc. Have a look on planetminis, a guy on there hooked one up but like I said it cost him a couple of hundred.

As for why you would want it, some people just love the sound. I would love it if I could hit the limiter like a 250f, it is the greatest sound in the world!!

thats pretty much why i want it to. but i really dont see myself spending that much. i mean my pitbike only cost me 559 brand new shipped to the door. lol i was really hopeing there was just a cdi i could plug in that had it lol

thats pretty much why i want it to. but i really dont see myself spending that much. i mean my pitbike only cost me 559 brand new shipped to the door. lol i was really hopeing there was just a cdi i could plug in that had it lol

Yeah me too man. I swear a rev limiter is like the only part on minis that no one ever mass produced. I mean you can upgrade every single part on a mini but no one ever got around to mass producing rev limiters :( lolololol

OORacing has one.

Kenny on the Planet spent $100 on the DRL300CDI plus a lighting stator, regulator and a few wires.

OORacing has one.

Kenny on the Planet spent $100 on the DRL300CDI plus a lighting stator, regulator and a few wires.

i just looked at the OOracing cdi. looks like exactly what i want. but im curious if it will just plug in? it has the plug and then the two wires. what would those two wires go to?

edit. nevermind i read more and now i know about the wires. lol but this would judt plug in and i have a revlimiter at whatever i set it at right?

my bike has a limiter. It's a 140cc tho. It sounds great but i assume it's bad 4 the engine to hit the limiter all the time. I have blown up my old pulsar engine up then put another one in just a month later to blow that one up to plus the gearbox. It doesn't have a limiter 4 a reason(don't know why tho)

i just looked at the OOracing cdi. looks like exactly what i want. but im curious if it will just plug in? it has the plug and then the two wires. what would those two wires go to?

edit. nevermind i read more and now i know about the wires. lol but this would judt plug in and i have a revlimiter at whatever i set it at right?

Can you link me to where you found the wiring diagram for it? I contacted them about this and they told me it won't work on a z155 (DHZ 160 engine), when I asked why they never replied.

Like The GDFP said, Kenny on planetminis hooked one up, that's the one I was mentioning earlier, however once I priced up the cost of the limiter shipped to Aus + stator + voltage regulator it was almost $300 and it didn't really seem worth it anymore :( It's probably likely that you could get it done for less than that but it was more than what I wanted to spend.

Please keep this thread alive, I'd love to find a (cheaper) solution if possible :D

Can you link me to where you found the wiring diagram for it? I contacted them about this and they told me it won't work on a z155 (DHZ 160 engine), when I asked why they never replied.

Like The GDFP said, Kenny on planetminis hooked one up, that's the one I was mentioning earlier, however once I priced up the cost of the limiter shipped to Aus + stator + voltage regulator it was almost $300 and it didn't really seem worth it anymore :( It's probably likely that you could get it done for less than that but it was more than what I wanted to spend.

Please keep this thread alive, I'd love to find a (cheaper) solution if possible :D

i never looked a a diagram for it. from what i have read it seems like a plug and play cdi. but im not sure if it is

Oh. Well they come in a 4pin or a 5pin plug, but the z155 are 6-8 pin from memory (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I think you need a power supply (stator) to run them.

Oh. Well they come in a 4pin or a 5pin plug, but the z155 are 6-8 pin from memory (please correct me if I'm wrong) and I think you need a power supply (stator) to run them.

I have no about that engine. My bike is a 5pin

Latest posts

Back