Reverse super-postie!?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M87

Reaction score
Hi!

I recently was fortunate enough to come into a free 110 postie engine from my legend of a cousin as a byproduct of his 125 super-postie engine swap. Thanks again mate!

It's just the crankcase and head all intact and working, minus 'everything else'. It's complete bar the carb and sprocket.

I have a dead 125 I pulled out of a Chinese 125 pit bike and all the parts that came along with it.

Live Chinese bike.
Dead Chinese engine.
Live postie engine.

Franken pitstie?

What I don't know is how much of the pit bike i can use for the reverse engine swap. I know I can't use the Chinese cdi, but what about the coil and carby etc?

Can anyone help me make a shopping list of parts?

Last edited:
Sell Postie engine
Buy Chinese engine
Ride

Haha, totally makes sense - only thing is that I want to keep the postie eng for parts in case my roadworthy postie dies.

I could just stash it for parts and buy a new box for the empty pit bike but I've got a 125 thumpy to ride.

Really want to get the postie engine running, don't want to buy a whole donor postie bike. Also toying with the idea of putting the 110 into a busted electric minibike I found at the tip, so I just need a way to get the mysterious electrics working and a fuel system on it.

Anyone know the minimum parts needed to get a postie eng running?

China carb will work on the postie,but is a prick to jet right.
China cdi will run the postie engine.
China coil will run it.
Bottom mount will need adjusting
Pretty backwards way of doing things

Thanks for the pointers mate!

Hmm, might be better off getting a carb off eBay by the sounds? The old Chinese one has been out in the air for months :/

Any downsides to using the Chinese electrics?

It's alive!

Update!

Cobbled it together with the Chinese bits and the postie engine... 2 POPS! That's enough evidence to warrant build effort... but build what?

Anyone think of something fun to throw a 110 into? I was thinking micro/half-size go-kart...

Latest posts

Back