Review: 06/07 Terra-Moto TDX-125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazza

Reaction score
BIKE: 06/07 Terra-Moto TDX-125 Krusha
RIDER STATS: 60-70kg, ~170cm
RIDDEN TERRAIN: Dirt, rocky and muddy trails, small dirt jumps
PRICE: $1999 rrp

Specifications:

Engine Specs:
Engine: 4ST, Air-cooled, horizontal, 1 cylinder, OHC 2 valve
Displacement: 124
Starter: Electric/Kick
Carb: 26mm piston valve
Transmission: Manual 4 speed, N1234
Max HP: 9.45HP (7500r/m)
Sprockets: 17/39T

Body Specs:
Wheel base: 1120mm
Seat height: 780mm
Fuel Capacity: 4 litres
Wheels: 12" Front, 12" Rear (optional 10" Rear)

Review

Motor/Performance:
First ride the bike kicked over pretty easily, electric start worked after about 5 mins of having the engine running. By the third ride the electric start was shagged, although im not sure if its just a crap battery or dodgey wiring (I didnt bother as it kicks fine). Bottom and mid range power is great. Top end is good, althought the best squirt ive had is down my street and with the knobby tyres she got the wobbles a little at higher rev top gear. The gearing is great there isnt alot of gear changing needed. Rating 9/10

Comfort:
Comes with decent height bars as stock which makes the riding position alot more comfortable, the grips are too hard though. The seat isnt nearly thick enough and it often felt like i was sitting on a plank of wood. Has good footpeg grip and size. Front shocks aren't USD but they are decent and feel fairly smooth, no nasty jarring or bottoming out. But this doesnt allow for much adjustment. The Rear shocks a fastace nice to sit on tho maybe abit hard at stock settings. Rating 7/10

Brakes:
The twin caliper front brakes and a 200mm front disc do a great job, it has decent feel/squeeze in the lever and well and truely pulls the bike up. The rear brake at first grabs extremely hard and causes rear wheel lock/slides very easily, this did loosen with time but it still comes on a little to hard imo. 8/10

Misc:
Has custom plastics all to its own, which are fulgy at first but do grow on you. Comes with a dress up kit to give it abit of "bling". The custom plastics are able to be changed to CRF style without too much effort/expense (PM if you want details). The pipes got a decent sound to it which is always nice. 8/10

Problems:
Stuffed electric starter
Loose bolts (Always change your bolts to high tensil and locktite them in, or pay the price like i did)
Exhaust tore free (Related to shitty/loose bolts)
Not easy to mod the bike.

Other than that i havent had any problems the bikes still mechanically sound and running fine. Locktite and high tensil bolts fixed anything to do with that issue and im as happy as a pig in mud.

Simple upgrades:
High foam seat
Crf Plastics
Soft grips
(*Note: tdx plastics will not fit with a new (full) high foam seat, bolting patterns are different)

Modding experiences:
Much to my delight i found that the vast majority of the bike is in fact annoyingly different to the other brands of pitbikes/minis. For example i replaced the front works with a USD fastace pair this caused the need of a new set of brake calipers (no surpise there) but also led to the discovery that the disk is larger than the calipers that come with the forks will allow. When i purchased a new front disk i also had to buy a new hub set (i opted just to buy a wheel set - lazy) as the TDX hubs are set to fit the TDX disk specifically. So in short changing stuff can turn from an afternoon to a week if you arent careful with this bike.

OVERALL RATING: 8/10 (stock)

P4250012.jpg

Hope this was helpful. Any more Q's just ask/PM. I recommend spending the extra $$ and gettin a pro for a few nice extras if your budget allows :D Otherwise theses are a top shape package.

Last edited:
good review mate, get sum pics?!!?

Added a stock pic, will post mine up as is now once ive got a new battery for the camera and the last lot of crap arrives (currently without a front wheel)

Nice review! Didnt know they were that cheap... ($1999)

Prob thinking of the "pro" version think they are a little over 3k?

It says in your review the price is $1999.

And yeah the exhaust on my friends sounds awsome, better than my pitpro one.

great review.

I've been an owner for 3/4 months now. I've gone through 2 voltage regulators and a battery, all on warranty, but thats just about up now so off with all electrics it is.

I'm pleased with the power, but will agree that seat is a touch too soft. I'm just about to start playing with the rear suspension for grip, noticing that anytime i give it a squirt the back end drifts anywhere it likes, even on the grippiest of surfaces.

have not made any changes for grip yet, but im imagining, lower tyre pressure, slow down reboundand increase sag only a tiny bit?

any ideas?

thanks.

I had a bit of a problem with my eletrics but i just sent it straight back, had it for the hole year and it starts perfect every time. i hadded rode it for about a month becuase ive hurt my leg and it started the first time i hit the battery!!

Just one thing i find a bit annoying is the bar clamps, if i buy new pro tapers i have to buy some new clamps!!

But overall im very happy with the bike

Latest posts

Back