review on Motovert 250

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog93

Reaction score
hey guys im looking to buy a 250 thumpster, i've seen reviews on the atomik blitz but not one on the Motovert 250.

How much is the RRP???
Where could i pick one up from???

well i can tell you this i havent heard a 250 motovert chances are they are going to be expensive if its good..... look at the prices of the others and there only 125s and 140s

As far as I'm aware, it's roughly 4 grand for the 250.

Can give you a contact if your interested.

I know this is purely in set up but I sat on one at the motorcycle expo here on the Gold Coast and the bars and gear lever were in the wrong positions whereas all the other dirt bikes at the show felt 'right'.

A really brave or a really stupid decision by vert to produce this bike ...time will tell.

If I was them I wouldn't have gone into this market .... after all they have spent years building and marketing their pitbikes as top of the line /range /class with the best of everything and a price to match ... and now they are gunna punch out 4 grand 250's ??

I mean I can't see a 4k 250 bein the best of anything can't see anyone setting the distance record on one of these things can you ?.... so what do they want two reputations one for pitbikes bein the best one for 250's bein the cheapest ?

I just don't get it:confused:

hmmm they would wanna be good cause for 4k you can get a decent 250f lol.....i know which way i would go:D

A really brave or a really stupid decision by vert to produce this bike ...time will tell.

If I was them I wouldn't have gone into this market .... after all they have spent years building and marketing their pitbikes as top of the line /range /class with the best of everything and a price to match ... and now they are gunna punch out 4 grand 250's ??

I mean I can't see a 4k 250 bein the best of anything can't see anyone setting the distance record on one of these things can you ?.... so what do they want two reputations one for pitbikes bein the best one for 250's bein the cheapest ?

I just don't get it:confused:

Really?? Think about it. It's an untapped market!! The pitpro's 250's are crap and there is a real lack of a cheap and reliable 250. Perfect market to jump into. I don't know the final price but I know it was around there. It's actually a very smart business move. I wouldn't right them off as a 'cheap' bike just yet. The motor's are actually pretty good for what they are. As for lever positions, it's up to the individual. They could have been fine for someone else!!

It's not about setting a distance record, it's about getting entry level people on a brand new 250 for half the price of your Jap bikes. Who wants to spend 10 grand for a newbie that is going to smash the crap through it? That's the market the will aim for.

Really?? Think about it. It's an untapped market!! The pitpro's 250's are crap and there is a real lack of a cheap and reliable 250. Perfect market to jump into. I don't know the final price but I know it was around there. It's actually a very smart business move. I wouldn't right them off as a 'cheap' bike just yet. The motor's are actually pretty good for what they are. As for lever positions, it's up to the individual. They could have been fine for someone else!!

It's not about setting a distance record, it's about getting entry level people on a brand new 250 for half the price of your Jap bikes. Who wants to spend 10 grand for a newbie that is going to smash the crap through it? That's the market the will aim for.

Naaa don't get me wrong I'm not writing them off, they might be allright for the price or to get beginners to ride..... I'm just saying up until now vert has been associated with the top end of the market with the best components available ie shivers elka daytona ...in short a bike that CAN go the distance record ..... I know most won't but alot race em and pay for this level of engineering which the name vert has been known for ..... " The motor's are actually pretty good for what they are " is not something you'll read about Daytonas .... Personally I have'nt seen or heard a chinese vertical engine I liked ...that might just be me but as ROOST said you can get a decent second hand Honda for that ..... assuming a novice will want to upgrade eventually I'd be inclined to agree with ROOST and go the second hand honda.

One reason for my choice would be the materials,build quality .eg tolerances etc are simply better on a jap 250 than a China end of story .... there's ya four grand right there. As a result I think the second hand jap 250 will stand more punishment hold up longer and have a better resale value and be a better ride even if it is 4 0r 5 years old......just my opinion, maybe they have made a great bike time will tell but right now they are unproven ... but yeah I'm not writin em off mate just sayin Vert have always been known as a top shelf item with the best of everything .... when they recently put out the rx they tapped a market there too ... but they still ran with quality over price .... this seems like price over quality .

I do think it will be better than the atomik ...it'd wanna be

But yeah mate it's just my opinion and like I said in my first sentence time will tell I could very easily be wrong ....wouldn't be the first time .:)

Last edited:
I'm not trying to defend them either. They may be a POS. I gurantee it will be better than the atomic though!

Motovert haven't always been top of the line components either. They were running knock off Marzocchi's and Elka's for ages before they got real ones! It come's down to the individual as to how they perceive a company. Motovert have built there reputation over time hence the respect. I totally get what your saying.

Just gotta see things from both side of the fence I guess. I personally would go the Honda anyday as well. But a large chunk of the market want BRAND NEW bikes and not second hand ones. You honestly have no idea buying second hand if the bike has really been flogged or not and for a newbie buying a bike it's things like that that make them want a new bike. Saying 'well maintained' in an Ebay ad can get a lot of suckers too!!

As you said, time will tell. I hope they get it right as it might make other manufacturers fix up there 250's and get a bit of competition going. I think it will only mean good things for everyone! :)

well i reckon they wont sell to well just purely because they are 2 dear for that market.

well the first thing is im not a newbie!!!
second thing is my mate brought out his crf450 05-06 model his only had it for a few monthes second hand and the gearbox engine cover just blow to bits and after seeing that first hand i don't really want to get a second hand and witgh whats going down in the USA i don't think parts will be avalible(if the USA's situation makes it to australian shores).
It would be better than an automik Blizts.
btw does any one have a proper review on them???? and some pics????

But a large chunk of the market want BRAND NEW bikes and not second hand ones.

i would rather any jap or euro bike 2000 or up, that a shitty china bike, have you ridn those 250's!!!!!! the worst thing ever made, it should be a crime....

DON'T QUOTE ME ON THE PRICE!!

Could be 3 grand if they change there mind.

I do know they have already sold a few though.

The pitpro's are like 3 grand for POS. Why not 4 for a reliable one?

Maybe before completely writing them off you hang off until someone does a review. A Jap 250 is like 10 grand. IF Motovert have a few quality parts with some good reliability then I think 4 is quite reasonable and they will sell.
Gee man chill bro i haven't wrote them off as i am a motovert fan.........im just spilling my opinion and i am intitled to that.......i just dislike the idea of 250 china's and for say around 3-4k which is what every one is thinking they gunna be priced at i would def go a jap 250f for a few reasons.......more power, better reliability, better build, better ride, better everything really............JUST MY OPINION :)

Last edited:
Yeah all good mate I really do hope they come up with a winner ...it'll depend on how much vert is in the design I rekon , if it's a puzey with vert stickers it won't go well ...if it is destinctively vert ...and not just plastics but designed that way it stands a better chance in my books.

But yeah I still think it's either a brave or a stupid moove .... time will tell

puzey and vert look the same..

if i was gonna buy one id just take the cheapest.. but a jap bike for 3-4 grand would be the go.

puzey and vert look the same..

if i was gonna buy one id just take the cheapest.. but a jap bike for 3-4 grand would be the go.

yeah seems to be the goin opinion Pete .... which is why I said it's a brave or stupid move on Verts part....it's like Ferari selling Corollas:confused:

Latest posts

Back