RevMX TTR175 Vs Ciniworx CXZ175 Comparison

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this comparison is biased?

• yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • no

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters

thump*140

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
So it's finally happeneded.... we finally managed to get a Revmx and a Cini on the same patch of dirt to run some back to back testing... :)

ptgawlerandmelbournecomparo024.jpg

There's been a lot of interest in both the Revmx and the Cini over recent months on the forum, and until last weekend, we hadnt actually been able to get both bikes side by side to do some testing and comparisons...
These two bikes are without doubt probably the biggest ''waves'' to ripple the scene since the introduction of the Pitster Pro LXR to Australian tracks, are a big step forwards in what we have had in the way of choices, and naturally there is a lot of curiosity in regards to what they're like, and which one is the better bike...

So what did we find??
Read on... ;)

Just for Looks:
Going over both bikes, straight away you notice the similarities.... and the differences... both run the Medina style frame, both run the TTR-style plastics and the same swingarm.. That's about as far as the identical similarities go though...
The Cini runs ASV copy levers, the Revmx runs normal alloy style levers, albeit with an on-the-fly clutch...
Both bikes run alloy 1/4 turn throttles, and Fatbars, but the Cini has CNC billet triples where the Revmx runs cast items....
The Cini has a few more obvious bling items, but mainly becuase the Cini has red bits, the Revmx has blue shiny parts...
The Cini runs shiny alloy rims (well, Ando's does, Rach88's runs black rims) with Red CNC hubs, whereas the Revmx runs steel rims and blue CNC hubs...

Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, the Cini is red. lots of red. and some black. but lots of red. and has stars on it....
The revmx is white with a bit of blue thrown in for good measure, and let's just say is the more "subtle' of the two... :p

ptgawlerandmelbournecomparo025.jpg

ptgawlerandmelbournecomparo026.jpg

Basic Differences:
In the case of this comparison test, i kinda cheated, as my bike has the 175z motor fitted... the Stock Revmx comes with a 155z/160HO motor... so while this levels the playing field engine wise on test day, generally one could expect the TTR155z to be a tad slower... but i digress..
The Revmx runs DNM suspension front and back, whilst the Cini runs Weston forks, and a fast ace rear... The Revmx runs a 350lb spring, where the Cini runs a 400lb spring.. Both bikes run the same roller bearing linkage set up...
Both run supposedly the same braking setup, but big differences were noticed on the day...
The Cini runs a Molkt 26mm carby, where the Revmx runs the OKO 26mm Flatslide.
Whilst my bike is fitted with a D-section muffler, the standard versions run the identical pipe setup to the Cini....
That more or less wraps up the main differences, as well as the afore mentioned difference in triple clamps...

Ergos:
Surprisingly, for two nearly identical bikes, they feel quite different to sit on...
I felt the Revmx had a slightly softer seat, and it was pretty much agreed unanimously by all three testers on the day (myself, Ando and Rach88) that the Revmx, whilst ''only" having cast triples, has the more comfortable bar/triples setup.
The Revmx triples set the bars a little further forwards, and a little higher than the Cini, and this seemed to make quite a bit of difference to cockpit comfiness, and was most noticeable when lil Rach88 threw a leg over the Revmx, and looked far more comfortable than she did on the Cini. Body Language was better, she found it easier to move around on, corner on, and surprisingly, was much quicker on the track on the Revmx than she was on her own Cini... but a bit more on that later...
The rest of the ergos ratings came down to personal preference.... I ride the back of the bike, Ando rides more centrally, and Rach rides the front, so each bike had a different feel to each rider. Ando admitted sheepishly that the triples set-up on my bike felt more natural, but neither Ando nor Rach liked my lever set up... i've got big hands, so the levers are set waaaaaay out from the bars... The two Cinis ran the lever gaps quite close to the bars, which i found to be a bit weird, and i was constantly having to remove and replace fingers when using the levers... Brake and gear lever heights are also a personal thing, mine are set quite high, Ando's were set pretty low.. consequently we both missed a few gear changes and Ando found himself locking the rear on the Revmx pretty easily, but aside from the differences mentioned above, it's hard to pick the bikes apart...

Engines:
As already mentioned, i cheated, cause i already have the 175 installed in my bike.. But given there is more interest in the new version of the Revmx with the 175, it's fitted in well with the test...
Sadly i got a bit lazy, and spent a lot of time tinkering with the carby on the Revmx throughout the day, when i should have done the valve clearances straight off the bat.. when we finally did them, we literally found a 3.0mm gap on both valves... Oops.. so with the valves finally set, we could see the 175 running properly... Both of em.. heh heh..
the 175's in both bikes are supposedly identical... I'm not quite so convinced, as the Revmx 175 appears to have a HEAP more compression when kicking the bike past TDC... i feel there may be a difference in cam profiles... The Cini feels like it has a decomp cam... The Revmx most certainly does not feel like it has a decomp cam... and we found a lot of kicking was done throughout the day with stalled bikes... (user error).. so either of these bikes would highly benefit from a manual decomp setup of some sort.... put it this way, if you race either of these bikes, and stall in a race, you can kiss the podium goodbye, cuase they're slow to restart... with the Cinin being a little bit more co-operative...
BUT, when it comes to performance, they're very different animals... and suit two different types of rider.
I've got mine jetted pretty close to perfection, if a little on the lean side... So it's very responsive.... think of it as a light switch... power goes on, power goes off.
The Cini, which appeared to be jetted quite well, offered a much "softer" power delivery, but both bikes appear similar in output, and at the end of the day, we conceded that the Revmx has quite an edge in both power and acceleration, particularly once the OKO Flatslide nature comes into play up top, but at a price... The Revmx, being very, very snappy compared to the Cini, is hard on the body, and requires a bit more care when it comes to clutchwork out of corners, and on flat corners...
This is most certainly not to say the Cini is a slow engine.. It's bloody fast, but is much more manageable in delivery compared to the Revmx...
Putting it as simply as possible, The OKO equipped Revmx is probably the better "race" engine, the Cini is the better "trail" engine... Both produce similar power, but the Revmx is far more brutal in the way it goes about it.. Oddly, Rach being the smallest, lightest and least experienced of the three of us, found the Revmx to be the better engine to ride.... so it really is horses for courses...

Suspension:
This is where the differences in the two bikes are really noticeable. Again, i've cheated as i've changed the fork oil in the DNM M200 forks on my bike for a much lighter oil, at a higher um, height, than standard... The DNM UD-DHL rear shock is set up for my weight, speed and preference...
Ando's Weston forks are standard i believe, and his Fast ace shock has been set roughly to his weight and preference...
Rach88's bike, we basically wound everything back to zero, preload included, to cope with her imposing 40-something kilogram bulk... he he!! a few clicks here and there to slow the rebound down for her, and she was kinda ok to go..
The Weston forks on the Cini are the winner in regards to the forks performance.. Unless you are a damn fast rider that can actually use the stiff nature of the DNM's to their full potential, 99.9% of riders will like the Cini front end better... it's more compliant over rough ground, and doesnt deflect on square-edged bumps like the Revmx does... BUT, and it's a weird BUT, the Cini doesnt feel as planted to the ground in the front end.... after a bit of a discussion, tests with the pressure guage, and a look at both bikes, we came to the conclusion that the much wider front rim on the Revmx, slightly high tyre pressure on Ando's bike, and the valving on the DNM's, The REvmx sticks to the ground a bit better, isnt as squirrelly, and is more confident in turns than the Cini, but the price you pay is that the Revmx front end beats you up. Quickly... it's tiring to ride the thing hard enough to make the front work for you....
As for the rears, the Revmx came up trumps. Why, is more due to bike setup and tuning experience, more than actual mechanical or quality differences...
Riding both bikes, i found the Revmx to track a lot better in a straight line over rough ground, reacted much better to square bumps, and gave you a bit more confidence when feeding on the power in turns, both edged and flat...
Rach88 weighs in at around 45kg, i weigh around 90, and Ando tips the scales somewhere around 100kg... All three of us felt more at home on the more compliant Revmx rear end.. Not as noticeable with Me and Ando, but you could really tell Rach was happier with the softer sprung Revmx, judging by the immediate increase in speed she gained everywhere on the Revmx.
BUT, there is good reason for all of this, and as i said, it's not so much to do with the quality of the shock... The Fastace in the Cini has a 400lb spring, the DNM in the Revmx has a 350lb spring, and yes kiddies, it makes all the difference in the world...
While the cini is quite supple in it's suspension, it doesnt feel glued to the ground like the Revmx, particularly over flat corners... Where the Revmx would hook up and drive, the Cini would get a bit squirly... We dropped Ando's tyre pressure from 28psi in the rear, down to 18, and whilst this improved things, it still didnt hook up quite as nicely as the Revmx...
Ideally, the best suspension package would be the weston forks, with the dnm rear shock...
It's very hard to describe which has the better setup... the Revmx handles better, and allows you to go faster, whereas the Cini still handles very well, but you REALLY need to punsih the Revmx to do it... IE: the average rider, will probably be quicker on the Cini straight out of the box owing to the better forks. Get that Fast ace rear dialled in, and the Cini will match the Revmx for handling.
Now before Coollee has a tantrum over the westons being better than the DNM forks, i will admit THEY ARE. Only the faster riders or more experienced riders who can really hammer a bike, will get to the point where the DNM's are better..
Put it this way, you can probably cut identical lap times on both bikes, but the Revmx will beat you up, and the Cini will look out of control doing it... ha ha...
One last note to consider, is that i've been riding forever, and have a fair bit of tuning experience when it comes to suspension, and my bike has been tuned to get the most out of the rear shock, and the effect of the linkage... IE: it runs low in the rear, and hooks up everywhere.... it's soft in the preload, runs a fair bit of rider sag, light low speed compression, heavy high speed compression, and slow rebound... in laymans terms, the back tyre doesnt really leave the ground unless you want it to...
So this probably has more to do with the fact all three of us were quicker on the Revmx.... Ando's rear was set up ok-ish, and Rach's is just far too stiff for her, and couldnt really be adjusted with the clickers to be rideable, and compliant over rough stuff...
What this all means, is that when tuned, the rears are almost on par, but the Revmx has the edge, owing to the lighter spring...

Other Differences:
The only thing that really stood out riding both bikes that didnt come from personal set-ups, were the Revmx brakes....
Basically, there is no comparison. Whilst both bikes are supposedly running identical brakes, the Cini stoppers couldnt come near the Revmx for feel, progression or strength. The Cini brakes had a very spongey feel at both levers, and whilst forgiving in nature, werent enough when you really needed them, particularly the rear, which on this style of bike, offers very little travel... too far up, you hit the kick starter. too far down, you hit the foot peg mount..
The Revmx on the other hand, stops on a five cent coin, which Rach found out the hard way, and Ando nearly did.... Good solid feel at the lever, particularly the front, good progession, and very strong... Single finger stoppies are the order of the day with the Revmx, as are braking slides where you hold the rear just off locking coming down from high speed.... The Cini just couldnt do it, but Ando did admit to not having bled his all that well....
aaaaand, we all know chinas are not known for consistency, especially with brakes.. There are reports out there of a couple of Revmx's with brakes that dont really rate a mention... so it pays to bleed your brakes... In this comparison however, the Cini brakes were a distant second....

So which bike is better....:

This is the million dollar question, and one that is bloody difficult to answer.
The simplest way of putting it, is that the Revmx is the better SX or Freestyle bike, where snappy power and savage brakes are required. The Cini is the better MX or Trail bike..
For those who want a better explanation, the brutal power delivery of the Revmx175, will be better suited to applications where it's useful... Deep sand and loam, tight corners where acceleration is needed, and is thus better suited to the faster or more experienced rider. For those riders who know how to tune the most out of their bike, again the Revmx comes out on top, as it can be tuned very quickly and easily, into an absolutle knife-edge weapon. This does make it even more savage, but if you can hang onto it, it flies...
The Cini is better suited to sloppy conditions, more open tracks, very technical tracks, slower or lazier riders, and tracks where the smooth nature of the Molkt-fed engine can work to it's utmost. As Ando put it, "this things awesome for hillclimbing". I think he meant to say he likes to mount Hillz, but that's another story...
Tracks where traction is at a premium, or are very choppy, then that's where the Cini will shine, even more so when ED AT CINIWORX FITS RIMLOCKS TO THE BIKES STANDARD... Nudge nudge, Wink wink... That will allow the owner to drop the tyre pressure drastically without the fear of tearing the valves out, and greatly assist in settling down the skittish nature of the bike in flat corners...

Basically, there is no better bike. Both bikes, putting it bluntly, are friggin brilliant, especially when you consider the price of them.
Neither bike does anything terribly, both bikes seem to have the same afflictions which have been mentioned in reviews, and neither bike appears to have any drastic quality or handling issues that are going to hurt people... lol...
I may sound pretty picky with the bikes, but i've got a lot of experience, so tend to look at things most people wouldnt, so a lot of this thread is irrelevant to a lot of members... but for those that understand "test speak", i hope it's been helpful...

Both bikes are great machines, and you really cant go wrong with either toy. I cant really see anyone buying one, and then thinking hmm, shoulda got the other one...
Whilst i've picked them apart, they really are that close in performance that the majority of riders wont pick the differences. Rach88 was a good example of that. She said she felt faster on the Revmx, but didnt know why... lol...
So at the end of the day, it will really come down to which power delivery suits you best, whether you want a 155z or a 175, and whether you want smooth, classic styling, or BRIGHT-RED-LOOK-AT-ME-STAR-SPANGLED-BANNER styling... he he he!!!

The most disappointing part about the whole comparison, is that we couldnt pick a winner... So at the end of the day, it was entirely pointless... ha ha ha!!! But at least now we can make an informed judgement on why either bike will suit YOU.

Thanks for taking the time to read it if you got this far, here's the pics.
And yes, the Revmx bit Rach good, and Rach, you busted my snazzy handguards.. lol

actually, if there was an obvious "better" bike, it would have been published...
Keep in mine i dont actually work for Revmx... So i have no vested interest...
I'm sure had the Cini been the better bike, and i'd stated as much, Russ would have taken it on board, and improved the next model Revmx to compete... I wonder if such grace would have been offered if the Revmx had been the clear winner.....
Yes, you make a fair comment that the review should be done by someone who doesnt own, or have allegiances to either brand. Me personally, i cant think of anyone that has access to both bikes, but owns a Pitster...
Ando and Rach were also present and rode both bikes on the day... They're more than welcome to write a similar comparison or review...
I maintain it was as fair, and unbiased as was possible...
The only "unfairness" is that my bike has the 175 engine fitted. Aside from that, it is the stock Revmx available to everyone else, and the "dead heat" we came to, wasnt based on engine performance alone...
As for taking things personally, this appears to be a pretty hefty complaint of unfairness coming from the Cini camp, owing to the CXZ not winning..
I wonder if Russ will have a sook that his bike didnt win either...

cool review mate

but as all above i got a couple of bones to pick with ya

1. you didn't (from memory) mention the adjustable bar clamps on either bike in your review

2. Personally and as i told you i really dont like the rev mx triples

3. you have after market brake levers that are much better than the asv copy's (yes i hate them 2)

4. the weston forks have light weight oil in them stock so if you had of riden my bike with heavier oil in them you would have found them as compliant for the hack and really acurate when pushed hard...
(ando's front end needs that change to help plant that front wheel as you say and it will help lots but he's a lazy ass mo fo)

5. you must ride like a girl man i flogged the shit out of ando's bike around frankston on saturday and i could not get it to even budge out of corners or over brake and acceleration bump that ass end is as solid as a rock. mind you I set it up to what felt good for me ando just liked it more than he had it and we have a few kg's on you.

6. you cant say the engine in the rev mx is more punchy than the cini..... did you throw your carby on ando's or rach's bike i know the difference between my bike ando's bike and eddies bike and ando's is sluggy compared to mine and the application of power in my keihn carby is a perfect mix between the oko and the mulkt and it's really hard to tell

but your right all in all there's little outside of suspension and trick bits thats different

the price is marginal a few hundred bux and you get a 175 for that and i tell ya there worth it

it will be interesting to see where rev prices his next bike with the 175 anything below say $2400 and he's pissin his coin up the wall

coolie

P.S i'll keep my bike you can have your bricks linkage and all
P.P.S you better get your ass back over here i want go riding grumble grumble bloody work

Last edited:
cool review mate

but as all above i got a couple of bones to pick with ya

1. you didn't (from memory) mention the adjustable bar clamps on either bike in your review

2. Personally and as i told you i really dont like the rev mx triples

3. you have after market brake levers that are much better than the asv copy's (yes i hate them 2)

4. the weston forks have light weight oil in them stock so if you had of riden my bike with heavier oil in them you would have found them as compliant for the hack and really acurate when pushed hard...
(ando's front end needs that change to help plant that front wheel as you say and it will help lots but he's a lazy ass mo fo)

5. you must ride like a girl man i flogged the shit out of ando's bike around frankston on saturday and i could not get it to even budge out of corners or over brake and acceleration bump that ass end is as solid as a rock. mind you I set it up to what felt good for me ando just liked it more than he had it and we have a few kg's on you.

6. you cant say the engine in the rev mx is more punchy than the cini..... did you throw your carby on ando's or rach's bike i know the difference between my bike ando's bike and eddies bike and ando's is sluggy compared to mine and the application of power in my keihn carby is a perfect mix between the oko and the mulkt and it's really hard to tell

but your right all in all there's little outside of suspension and trick bits thats different

the price is marginal a few hundred bux and you get a 175 for that and i tell ya there worth it

it will be interesting to see where rev prices his next bike with the 175 anything below say $2400 and he's pissin his coin up the wall

coolie

P.S i'll keep my bike you can have your bricks linkage and all
P.P.S you better get your ass back over here i want go riding grumble grumble bloody work

Lol my turn to reply... heh heh...
1: No, i didnt mention the adjustable triples on both bikes. I will now mention both bikes run adjustable triples. The Revmx triples have more adjustability than the Cini (bars can go slightly further forwards, and the revmx triples have a greater headstem-to-fork offset, and a greater headstem to bar mount offset... Hence the Revmx bars being further forwards.....)
2: I like the Cini triples for their awesome CNC billetness, but i like the Revmx triples better, as the bars are further forwards. Comes down to personal preference. :))
3: I made no mention of the aftermarket levers on my bike. I stated the Revmx has "plain alloy levers, albeit with an adjustable on-the-fly clutch".....
4: The DNM forks have heavy oil in them stock, and light oil in mine..... So thus that would make neither brand of fork perfect??? ;)
5: I found Ando's bike to be skatey.. mine tracked with more confidence... I dont ride like a girl. unless she's a really fast girl... lol.. and yes, you and Ando both have a good 20-30kg on me...
6: yes i can say the engine in the Revmx is punchier than the Cini. I mentioned that was due to the OKO... The OKO is the standard carb fitment on the Revmx, the Molkt is the standard fitment on the Cini. I should have specifically said "The OKO on the Revmx makes the engine punchier than the cini. Both Ando and Rach agreed that the Revmx has the punchier engine, OWING to the OKO.... heh heh..
obviously different carbies will alter the delivery of the engine, but we were testing the bikes with stock parts fitted, for the most part... (175 engine in the TTR was optional....)

But yes, there is very little between the bikes, other than personal preference, and yes, the 175 version of the Revmx will come under $2400....

ps: no idea when i'm back over there, but i reckon if we can swing it, a full on test day needs to be organised, with multiple riders, multiple opinions... :D

just having a dig thump

i think we need to put the pitster up against these and see where the extra grand comes from

and yeah timmy go the 10" er i had a ball on mine on Saturday

see my top triple clamp has that little raised bit to and there billet that may be something to look at i dont think forward to backward movement is the issue i think it's bar height but both would be rideable

now the brakes cant be tested with different levers i dont think. i reckon the levers had different pivot points and will always make them react different. i also think your brakes where very spongy compared to mine although better than andos. i mean i had those silver flappy levers originally on my 90 they where ok a lil spongy but pulled up well. i broke them of course so i put an asv copy on it and the brakes are tuff as and lock up with a finger and a half. you cant compare the brakes unless they have the same setup imo

fair enough on the engine you still wanna go the keihn

i also thought you put heavier oil in the front on yours my mistake but that makes them even worse yeah there's not to many forks on the market that you need to soften up

any ways good gear

this is where the pit bike industry is at it's the start finish and there's not much in the middle

Awesome review Thump!
:mod:
Guys in my opinion he has done a great job of stating all the facts as they were on the day.
If people have issues with the way Thump has done it then thats fine too. Seems petty to me but thats just my opinion.
Hmmm... Im looking for another review on Rev vs Cini.... Nope cant find one!
Now looking for a review on the Cini... Nope not 1 for that either.
Looking for a review on the Rev mx... oh look, Thumps done one of those too!
I am wondering how many of us have thought, I should do a review on my bike. But then never done it, I know I fit that bracket.
If you own either of these bikes and dont like the review... Do one yourself! Then you can cop all the bias crap too.
Bottom line, Thump puts alot of effort into giving all us miniriders great information.
I have not met the man so im not his mate sticking up for him. I have just found in my short time on here he is by far one of the most selfless and helpfull members going around.
Sorry for the long winded post.

End of rant
oldhack.

i think both bikes suck and we all need to go buy some stock 50s again and rock out on them like real men
Lol, i was waiting for a china hater to raise their voice... :p
just having a dig thump

i think we need to put the pitster up against these and see where the extra grand comes from

and yeah timmy go the 10" er i had a ball on mine on Saturday

see my top triple clamp has that little raised bit to and there billet that may be something to look at i dont think forward to backward movement is the issue i think it's bar height but both would be rideable

now the brakes cant be tested with different levers i dont think. i reckon the levers had different pivot points and will always make them react different. i also think your brakes where very spongy compared to mine although better than andos. i mean i had those silver flappy levers originally on my 90 they where ok a lil spongy but pulled up well. i broke them of course so i put an asv copy on it and the brakes are tuff as and lock up with a finger and a half. you cant compare the brakes unless they have the same setup imo

fair enough on the engine you still wanna go the keihn

i also thought you put heavier oil in the front on yours my mistake but that makes them even worse yeah there's not to many forks on the market that you need to soften up
Agreed Coolee, i'd love to see a four-way comparison... Cini Vs Revmx Vs Pitster Vs the "other linkage bike" that shall not be named.... Like you said, would be good to see whether price = performance, or if it's just quality...
I disagree with testing the brakes was a moot point owing to my levers. The rear is stock lever, and is far stronger on the Revmx, and the front brakes actually lost a bit of potency with the new lever, as it has a "lesser" pivot ratio than the stock lever... The stock Revmx lever is actually much touchier, and far stiffer at the lever... I also neglected to mention the Cini runs the much bigger XR250 sized master cylinder, and bigger banjo bolts against the smaller cylinder and lines of the Revmx...
With the triples, i found the extra adjustability of the Revmx bars handy, but not the be all and end all. In the case of the two brands, it just made the Revmx a little more comfortable in the whole bar/seat/peg relationship..
And yeah, went to softer oil in the forks, as the stock oil is too heavy...
i will be getting me a ciniworx cxz175 in the next 2 weeks and i am definatly putting a flat slide on it,
RB i'm sorry my biased review turned you towards the Cini... :p
I like the gaffa tape covering the Vertmax sticker :D
Yeah, we can thank D*****X for that. Being out of work is not conducive to buying custom sticker kits. :(
Although you have mentioned some of the modifications you have made it’s important the bikes are 100% exactly the same as what a customer can purchase with no sneaky performance mods or non-standard parts fitted for a true comparison to be made.
As discussed in PM, no "sneaky performance mods" have been made to my bike, aside from fork oil. There is not a non-standard part on my bike, that alters the actual performance of the bike... and BOTH bikes have been rejetted from standard..
i cant believe i am writing this but i have to agree with mx girl. the bikes should be stock out of the box for a true comparison, no mods, just as they come from the shop.
Hman there was no "stock" bike... keep in mind BOTH bikes tested have been played with out of the box... The only "mods" made were adjustment of jetting and suspension settings, and the fork oil in mine, which is already known..
thump hasnt put any sneaky performance mods.... revmx comes STOCK with oko carbs

yer he put a 175 in it but i dont think thats sneaky in any way seeing as the cini comes stock with a 175 so made it more comparable if anything and revmx is bringing out a 175 model in hes next shipment

ok so thump had some different levers...... big woop.... ando and rach apparently both said that the levers were heaps far away from the bars

and can i also say PEOPLE can change parts like levers and carbs pretty easily arent they more testing the quality and handling of parts that arent so simple to change??

but really this thread is getting out of hand!
I also stated that the stock engined TTR155z would be SLOWER than the Cini out of the box.. maybe it was biased of me to say that the stock Revmx would be SLOWER.. ha ha.. and yes you're right, the MK II TTR has a 175 in it...
I will admit, I thought the review was bias.

Even know I haven't ridden either, I would of thought the cini had won as it seems to have a real nice set up.

But with revmx carby issues, brake lever and whatever else was found wrong out of the box, the review wasn't really done on the 'out of the box' bikes.. They have all been touched and tweaked...

I can publish the faults, problems and issues found with the Cini as well if you want? These were kept unpublished to avoid accusations of a "biased review"...

i think both bikes suck and we all need to go buy some stock 50s again and rock out on them like real men

:D LIKE!haha

Na Top Review Thump as always! So much Effort put into it I think. You dont come Across Midsize Bike Reviews this Detailed.

Even though I wont be Buying either Bike I found the Review easy to understand and HELPFUL if I was ever to buy Either Bike!

Cheers mate, Top Stuff...Im sure it will help out A LOT of people when it comes time to lay down the Cash for either Bike ;)

Tomy

I have cleaned this thread up.

Enough of the shit. Any more from anyone and there will be infractions to go with it no questions asked.

Great review Thump. Really detailed. Fantastic work.

MXGirl, no more posts in this thread, consider it your last warning as well!!!

ah good job motorman

and yes fantastic review.... you didnt get any footage of them in action against each other did you?

PBK there was a very brief bit of fillum of Ando running into a corner, but that was about it.
My bike was battling engine issues til late afternoon, owing to some idiot setting the valve clearances at 3.0mm, and wasnt running on song until late in the day, and one of the other bikes had chain quality issues...
The only bike that ran all day without a problem was Ando's Cini, but that was mostly my fault for being lazy, and not doing my valve clearances.... I tried jetting the problem out instead, as i thought i'd set the valve clearances properly the week before..

Oops.

well this thread turned to sht fast... i read it last night and thought thump and everyone involved did a awesome job, i was going to reply last night but thought Why should i bother as it would probly get thrown out of context...

motorman... good job on the moderation of this thread. and forum in general..

thump.. awesome job mate... keep the reviews rollin... we all know who the cut kid is..

Good review. My brakes are pretty damn touchy, I did bleed front and back brakes before riding first time so that may be why they aren't as sloppy as you make out... (the china brake fluid looks like water!)
I recommend bleeding the china fluid and putting some good stuff into the brakes :)

With the OKO on my CXZ it really is snappy as sh!t. I've come to the conclusion too that a lighter spring would help hugely to keep the rear down in corners especially with the OKO because if I try take an inside line back slides out and spins me out real easy.
I have lightened the compression a bit (is it unwise to wind it to nearly as soft as it will go (the big screws that compress/decompress the spring))??

PS: come back and help me setup my suspension :p I'm an utter noob at suspension lol

Good review. My brakes are pretty damn touchy, I did bleed front and back brakes before riding first time so that may be why they aren't as sloppy as you make out... (the china brake fluid looks like water!)
I recommend bleeding the china fluid and putting some good stuff into the brakes :)

With the OKO on my CXZ it really is snappy as sh!t. I've come to the conclusion too that a lighter spring would help hugely to keep the rear down in corners especially with the OKO because if I try take an inside line back slides out and spins me out real easy.
I have lightened the compression a bit (is it unwise to wind it to nearly as soft as it will go (the big screws that compress/decompress the spring))??

PS: come back and help me setup my suspension :p I'm an utter noob at suspension lol

Travis i think you may be a little confused over the componentry of the rear shock... The big nut on the shock body itself, on top of the spring, is the preload collar...
The two adjusting hex or allen key screws at the top of the remote reservoir are your hi and lo speed compression adjusters, and the flat head screw at the very bottom of the shock, hidden by the linkages is the rebound adjustment...
The preload collar adjusts how much the spring is compressed at a static point.. ie: how much tension is on the spring.
The hi and lo speed compression adjusters effect how quickly the shock compresses...
Hi speed compression effects big hits, sharp edge bumps etc.... ie like landing from a big jump at speed, or slamming into rough holes, whoops etc....
Lo speed compression effects how the bike handles when going over braking stutters, "rolling" bumps and jump faces...
Rebound adjuster effects how quickly the shock decompresses... or how quickly the shock expands after being pushed down....
How fast you ride, and how much you weigh, as well as the track you are riding, will effect what settings you need....
Basically, if you're a light lil fella, around 55-60 kg, you may actually find the stock spring in the Cini a little on the hard side....
But you can tune around this to a point..
Wind the preload collar as far "up" as you can, so that it still retains tension on the spring.... then sit on the bike... it should "sag" about 5-8cm on a bike this size.. (pays to have someone else with you, with a tape measure on hand...)
Once you have your preload set, start with the compression adjusters..
without knowing your weight, it's hard to guess, but i would wind both the hi and lo speed compression adjusters all the way out, then turn them in 7 clicks each.
Then wind the rebound adjuster all the way out, then turn it back in about 9-10 clicks...
as it has a heavy spring, and light valving, you will need to run slower rebound damping to compensate for the fact the spring will compress further, and will want to rebound, or expand faster, with the light preload and light compression damping... in layman's terms, to stop it smacking you in the ass, and to stop it from kicking all over the place...
I've found with the linkage bikes, they work VERY well if you set them to ride a little low in the rear, with slow rebound. this allows them to hook up very well, and drive out of corners, and stick to the ground when it gets a bit rough...
Try the settings i suggested above, and see how you go..

Latest posts

Back