RevolutionMX TTR-style 155z... The wait is over..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well finally pulled it off the back of the truck , took a day or two cause I kept thinkin of Thump every time I looked at it ..... then I realised where ever he is he'd be saying " GET ON IT YA PUSSY " so I threw it together and went for a ride .Well ya read the reviews but I gotta say I'm very very happy ... it tracks like a train.

When I got mine Russ had 3 left ... I decided I wanted them to go to guys that would take em as far as they could go and felt Tom would agree so I made a deal with Russ to put Timmy Jackson,Kade Imlach and Knoel kaine on the last 3 ...These guys are in my opinion the 3 most progressive riders in the country and when they say they are gunna chuck one 60ft off a ramp you can rest assured the WILL be photographic evidence .

So yeah Tom wherever you are I hope you enjoy the show brother .:action-smiley-035:

ok all you ciniworx and revmx owners out there pay Attention...

i've just replaced and upgraded my linkage bearings and bolts, when it was pulled apart there was no grease in there at all and some damage to the bearings and bolts, since this was one part i didn't cover when building the bike i have no idea if this will be the case on all of the rev and cini bikes but its something well worth checking out asap.
for those who dont know i had the first cini off rank and the RevMX's were available a few weeks later so i expect some owners to have no issues at all, as i've ridden nearly every weekend since i've had it and loaned it out to a few guys for rides, so its had a bit of a floggin.

this problem may have been my fault as i didn't know any better and when washing didn't pay any attention to what i was doing when pressure washing around the linkage.

since i wanted to upgrade the bearings, bolts and bushes cost me over 100 quid, i'm sure if anyone is not keen on spending that the same bearings thats in the linkage would cost a fair bit less (i can find out prices if anyone is interested)

i hope this can head off any possible problems with any owners or future purchasers especially if its an issue from the factory, tho i expect that anyone that put their own bike together would not have a leg to stand on if trying to claim warranty, but thats for you guys to work out, i put my bike together and as i have no idea if its my fault i'm not fussed about chasing the issue up.

so guys keep us up to date with the condition of your bikes.

ok all you ciniworx and revmx owners out there pay Attention...

i've just replaced and upgraded my linkage bearings and bolts, when it was pulled apart there was no grease in there at all and some damage to the bearings and bolts, since this was one part i didn't cover when building the bike i have no idea if this will be the case on all of the rev and cini bikes but its something well worth checking out asap.
for those who dont know i had the first cini off rank and the RevMX's were available a few weeks later so i expect some owners to have no issues at all, as i've ridden nearly every weekend since i've had it and loaned it out to a few guys for rides, so its had a bit of a floggin.

this problem may have been my fault as i didn't know any better and when washing didn't pay any attention to what i was doing when pressure washing around the linkage.

since i wanted to upgrade the bearings, bolts and bushes cost me over 100 quid, i'm sure if anyone is not keen on spending that the same bearings thats in the linkage would cost a fair bit less (i can find out prices if anyone is interested)

i hope this can head off any possible problems with any owners or future purchasers especially if its an issue from the factory, tho i expect that anyone that put their own bike together would not have a leg to stand on if trying to claim warranty, but thats for you guys to work out, i put my bike together and as i have no idea if its my fault i'm not fussed about chasing the issue up.

so guys keep us up to date with the condition of your bikes.

you should grease all the bearings before the first ride. along with the chinese, the japanese never grease the bearings enough in the steering head and the linkage on all the mx bikes. dont pressure wash near the linkage and then it should be checked and re greased every 3 months.

yeah definantly a must do thing on all the linkage bikes

i know it took me ages to replace ando's brgs they are an NA4900-2RS and will be worth about $35-40 per bearing and there's 8 of them all up (and thats mates rates at the bearing joint ;).... now because the original brgs had failed due to lack of grease it had destroyed the inner ring they where running on. these inner rings are only mild coke can steel and are to soft to run hardened needle rollers in......

if your inner rings are ok you can use RNA4900 brgs but be warned they will wear

so what i've done is use the na4900-2rs which is a sealed brg. I machined the old inner rings off the flanged spacers and used the hardened ones on the new brgs as the running surfaces and made up some spacers to run inbetween the 2 bearings in the linkage block.

so far andos runs heaps smoother but has only had one ride on it but they should last for ages i'll keep you posted there

i caught rachs linkage just in time except one brg and again they where bone dry (truck wash has a degreaseing agent in it people) so i've greased hers up and it will tell us if it's actually and issue or weather it's just a greaseing issue

although the yx linkage doesn't run brgs the metal on metal bushes do bind up without lubrication and the pitster pro linkage i've not seen pulled apart but they do run brgs but i'm not sure which type but i would be investigating there condition ASAP

i'll keep ya's posted

Last edited:
Yeah sweet, the headstem bearings and axles are as hman said are very often nearly dry so it wouldn't suprise me to see kinkage bearings coping the same neglect ... still I've seen the same thing on jap 250's too . I just got mine all jetted nice for the trip ...tommorow I'll grease all the bearings, not like the grease in a china facco is gunna be award winning frictionless shizzle anyway ... best replace it with somethin good now, I always have on the linkage my 250's ...same as swinger bearings .... I'll let ya's know how mine hold up . on

I just checked mine...I'll upload a photo. One of mine was totally rooted all the rollers just fell straight out. messed up. bloody hell. there goes money I don't have lol

Busted bearings:

P9010031.jpg

P9010030.jpg

Rollers just fell out:

P9010032.jpg

^^^^ Not good!
I hate looking after bearings but it is a necessary evil.
Won't have to worry about that on the mighty Nitrous though! No linkage here.
oldhack.

i know it took me ages to replace ando's brgs they are an NA4900-2RS and will be worth about $35-40 per bearing and there's 8 of them all up
??:eek:...where do you buy these things ?? In a Pharmacy???:cool:
SKF are usually around 16 bucks a pop:google:

i know it took me ages to replace ando's brgs they are an NA4900-2RS and will be worth about $35-40 per bearing and there's 8 of them all up (and thats mates rates at the bearing joint ;).... now because the original brgs had failed due to lack of grease it had destroyed the inner ring they where running on. these inner rings are only mild coke can steel and are to soft to run hardened needle rollers in......

if your inner rings are ok you can use RNA4900 brgs but be warned they will wear

so what i've done is use the na4900-2rs which is a sealed brg. I machined the old inner rings off the flanged spacers and used the hardened ones on the new brgs as the running surfaces and made up some spacers to run inbetween the 2 bearings in the linkage block.

coolie
"if your inner rings are ok you can use RNA4900 brgs but be warned they will wear"
Question-do you think this wear be offset by regular greasing? if so how often, every ride?

I just checked mine...I'll upload a photo. One of mine was totally rooted all the rollers just fell straight out. messed up. bloody hell. there goes money I don't have lol

i'm sure if its just a matter of getting the bike together and running you could get away with just the cheap bearings trav, i've been talking with coolie about a mod to the linkage block adding grease nipples so i dont have to take any care with washing and can simply pump shitloads of grease into the centre cavity to entirely replace the old grease if necessary, tutorial will be made if we decide it will be a viable mod.

??:eek:...where do you buy these things ?? In a Pharmacy???:cool:
SKF are usually around 16 bucks a pop:google:

lol mountain fair call but as i said b4 i wanted quality and am happy to pay for it, coolie is the bearing Guru :hail: , so when he talks bearings i listen :p I'm sure to replace the bearings with the same quality thats in there (part No. RNA4900) would be much closer to the cost you expect.

Would be soo easy if they had grease nipples! I was a bit suprised that they were dirty too. I like to keep things in new condition as long as possible :p

Would be soo easy if they had grease nipples! I was a bit suprised that they were dirty too. I like to keep things in new condition as long as possible :p
Iam afraid that wouldn´t make a big difference, because you have to take needle bearings apart to grease them in the right way....in general Iam your opinion too, it would be very helpful ! ;)

Trav do ya swinger bearings too mate .... and ya headstem and axles if ya have'nt already ... as I stated earlier this is true of all bikes jap or china .... I grease EVERY bearing ... I have a mate that gets a fresh 250 every year and TOTALLY strips it down then rebuilds it using a torque wrench so it's all tightened to spec .... it's a hassle but his bikes have never failed ... not once in the 10 years I've known him .

yeah it doesnt matter if the bike is jap, china or euro they all need greasing as there only assembled with assembly grease which doesnt last long...

most the time with jap bikes the first owner will only keep them for 1 race season then pass them on so really they dont care and its usually the second owner that has to foot the bill..

china bikes being china bikes means that costs are cut more and more and it seems the china-men are scared to get grease on the there hands...

anything that swings, pivots or moves needs greasing..
axle bolts, swinga bolts, swinga bearings, headstems, brake levers, brake caliper slid pins etc..

lol mountain fair call but as i said b4 i wanted quality and am happy to pay for it, coolie is the bearing Guru :hail: , so when he talks bearings i listen :p I'm sure to replace the bearings with the same quality thats in there (part No. RNA4900) would be much closer to the cost you expect.

SKF are a quality bearing, but i still think they would be around the same price, Im outa the bearing game now so i cant find out a price.:frustrated:

Latest posts

Back