RevolutionMX TTR-style 155z... The wait is over..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coolie
"if your inner rings are ok you can use RNA4900 brgs but be warned they will wear"
Question-do you think this wear be offset by regular greasing? if so how often, every ride?
The wear will be minimized by greasing but the load on the inner ring is what is killing them

i've been talking with coolie about a mod to the linkage block adding grease nipples so i dont have to take any care with washing and can simply pump shitloads of grease into the centre cavity to entirely replace the old grease if necessary, tutorial will be made if we decide it will be a viable mod.

lol mountain fair call but as i said b4 i wanted quality and am happy to pay for it, coolie is the bearing Guru :hail: , so when he talks bearings i listen :p I'm sure to replace the bearings with the same quality thats in there (part No. RNA4900) would be much closer to the cost you expect.

Iam afraid that wouldn´t make a big difference, because you have to take needle bearings apart to grease them in the right way

??:eek:...where do you buy these things ?? In a Pharmacy???:cool:
SKF are usually around 16 bucks a pop:google:

Mountain you have no idea do ya mate
first of all the na4900 and rna brgs have a lubrication groove and grease hole in the outer race so provideing you have a grease groove or point machined into the housing you can grease them externally.

the problem is these linkage blocks dont have those provisions so we would have to drill precisely into where the grease groove ran and would have to do this for every bearing creating multiple grease points. i'm just gunna wait and see how long these last with reasonably regular greaseing......

and mountain i cant buy decent na4900's for $16 let alone sell them for that much and i can buy direct out of the factory that makes the for ina and skf.........

the problem is these linkage blocks dont have those provisions so we would have to drill precisely into where the grease groove ran and would have to do this for every bearing creating multiple grease points.

Why don't you just cut a channel between where the channels would lie and then you'll only the need the one nipple per bearing pair ;)

(I'm just guessing here as I haven't actually seen the setup...)

Yeah it doesn't matter if a bearing is made in China , Japan or in the US by NASA ... Dirt and water are the enemies ... If a bearing isn't sealed and fresh grease pumped in thru a nipple until it oozes out of the seals looking clean ... then it will wear no matter how hard the metal it's made from is ...

Regular maintenance and/or replacement are the keys ... Expensive bearings kept spotlessly clean and greased or cheap bearings that are tossed as soon as they develop slop etc ... Take your pick ... My 1 cents worth ...

Mountain you have no idea do ya mate
first of all the na4900 and rna brgs have a lubrication groove and grease hole in the outer race so provideing you have a grease groove or point machined into the housing you can grease them externally.

the problem is these linkage blocks dont have those provisions so we would have to drill precisely into where the grease groove ran and would have to do this for every bearing creating multiple grease points. i'm just gunna wait and see how long these last with reasonably regular greaseing......

and mountain i cant buy decent na4900's for $16 let alone sell them for that much and i can buy direct out of the factory that makes the for ina and skf.........
ooh, sorry...no, I don´t....working 35+years with that sort of problems , you learn every freaking day something new!! :thumbup::thumbup:

all good man i take it your a engineer or somethin yeah

it's my job to know bearings so you dont have to

i've just gotta make sure i give you the right ones

and yeah life stops when you stop learning i reckon

The vertical pole in the fuel tank cap. Is it normal. Does it make any injuries

lol vertical pole, isnt that what the VIco riders use on there seats?

Themz fighting words!!

At least it's better than your patent pending "pull trousers down to clean exhaust pipe". :b_grind:

Does anyone know the bore size in Russ's 155's. Gonna get a tb V2 head.

What's peoples thoughts on these now that they have been out for a while now. Beside the bearing thing still all good. Happy with your purchase?

Stoked with mine ... left it stock as a rock and ran it up n down my beach in wa for a month then dragged it back to vicco and banged bars with the cinny boys in vicco for a week .... has not missed a beat , I've got new linkage bearings but the originals are still hangin in there. All I've done so far is clean the filter.

DIGGING the motor with the oko it loves too rev, been over the hangers and flipped it and nothing has bent

where did you get your new bearings for the linkage dreddy?

Yeah bruz love that oldskool steeze ... nice extension on the shiolin

Up your way just after Chrissy

Dyno run

Got the V2 head on, dynoed it this mornin and with a few jetting adjustments ended up with 18.8 hp.

Latest posts

Back