RevolutionMX TTR-style 155z... The wait is over..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, good point mate, i missed that one... back to photoshop with me...

So far i've noticed only two downsides to the bike, one is that the forks are stiff, and secondly, the fuel cap on mine is cross threaded, and leaks fuel. (this explains the blue fuel cap in the first pic, but red ones in the following pics..)
The forks were mentioned in the review, and the fuel cap seems to be more of a quality control issue with my particular bike, and one would hope not a major issue that will result in factory callbacks... ha ha ha!!!

So far all i have done is assemble the bike, and run it up and down my driveway... any imperfections with the bike will no doubt show up tomorrow after it's been given a thrashing.... that will soon show up any negative points with the bike, and whether they are design faults, or just things that need upgrading or modifying...

watch the thread tomorrow, that will give you a better idea of any faults with the bike, as a static review based on how it looks, how it fits together, and how pretty it is to sit on, he he, isnt overly indicative.. :D

oough yeah i forgot to mention the fuel cap thing

ciniworx have had the same issue

the china men haven't cut the thread deep enough and they only go half way on and this causes them to leak

russ will have to change em all over and get the chinamen to send him some new ones

p.s do me a favor thump rip that side plate off and give me a look at the top end of the shock check out them adjusters to see how they are marked please

Fark Me That is one awesome bike man 2k for that cheap as:)

Heres a pic of mine cooly , i think there the same shock? look a little different from what i can see but mite just be a different sticker... from what i can remember theres 2 adjustments at the top , and another one at the bottom of the shock

One thing i noticed about the Rmx and cini , they run klx front guard and number plate = gay :p lol ..

Edit: the shrouds are different as well have smaller hole , and dont come down as far at the back , mite just be ttr110 copies since the lxr ones are kinda there own blend of ttr 110, not sure about rear guard or number plates

Last edited:
looks exact same as mine with the duct tape haha i have silver tape on mine too expet i have asv levers on mine hah jus put it all together tonight so happy with it. started and run it for a bit so snappy and responsive cant wait to take it for a ride tomorrow guna be awesome puttin it through hell :D

just finished putting my 155z together everythings all good havent run it yet. but i had the same problem with the fuel cap. i took my sticker kit off instead of the tape. it looks alot better plain white.
can't wait to get up early and wake the neighbours up.

This bike looks awesome!
Not that I had the coin 2 spend on one but if I did have the 2K I would not hesitate 2 drop it on one of these!
Great 2 see somebody take the initative and develop this bike, Props to RevMX!. Cant wait too see and read more on these bikes. think I just found bike no#2 when the time comes!
Good luck to revmx and everyone buying/riding them.
oldhack.

pretty sure the fuel cap is a factory fault, mine and my 2 mates are the same as well.

hey thump have u made any carby adjustments? i noticed teh air screw was wound all the way in on all 3 of our bikes so weve been playing with it to try get it right. and have you cnaghed any of the jet sizes?

pretty sure the fuel cap is a factory fault, mine and my 2 mates are the same as well.

is this not what i said :confused-smiley-013

i would not have thought ed or russ were sitting around machining fuel caps just for fun????

but ya never know hey :hmmm:

I agree with coolie on the bars...the downslope on em doesn't look too inviting lol, but i've never ridden a pitty with bars like that, but i'll soon find out.

hey thump have u made any carby adjustments? i noticed teh air screw was wound all the way in on all 3 of our bikes so weve been playing with it to try get it right. and have you cnaghed any of the jet sizes?
yes i noticed the same thing... once i'd got mine running, it was a bit rough off idle, and when i checked the air screw, all the way in... backed it out 2 1/2 turns, perfect..
Havent changed the jetting as yet, seems to run pretty clean so far... very responsive, and doesnt have a bog off idle when you crack the throttle...
Have also just bolted the 175 into mine for testing, and the standard jetting works fine in that too..

is this not what i said :confused-smiley-013

i would not have thought ed or russ were sitting around machining fuel caps just for fun????

but ya never know hey :hmmm:
Coolee i have a feeling that the fuel caps arent machined properly... :p

I agree with coolie on the bars...the downslope on em doesn't look too inviting lol, but i've never ridden a pitty with bars like that, but i'll soon find out.

all comes down to preference really... i'm running cross-braced Pro-tapers on the Bling 40, big bike pro-taper fat bars on the MiniBlitz, Pro-taper Fatbars on the thumpy, and obviously the fat bars on the TTR.... so far i've found the Fatbars to have a better sweep and rise than the cross-brace style, but then i tend to ride the back of the bike more than the front unless i'm cornering or airborne... so it kinda depends on riding style and preference...
I will say, the seat/bar/peg relationship on the TTR is great, i'm assuming the Cini CZX and LXR would be the same...

couple of extra pics...

Coolee, side shot of rear shock adjusters.... rebound adjuster, couldnt get the camera in there..

001.jpg

and a couple of shots of the 175z engine installed... :D

002.jpg

003.jpg

good engine for an experienced or fast rider... probably not a kids or beginners engine...
very snappy, good spread of power. :D

Latest posts

Back