RevolutionMX TTR-style 155z... The wait is over..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i thought the same thing when i put mine together and took it for a ride.
we do this in downhill mountaain biking on the front forks between the stantions and tripple clamp to keep the mud off our goggles. didnt see why it shouldnt work on the rear end of a moto to keep the mud off the rear shock. just an old inner tube cut to size and 4 cable ties.

P5220026.jpg

P5220021.jpg

i didnt even realise this was you jake till i saw your avatar

when the weather and my track drys up yuo gotta bring it around and i will get some footage

Have you set valve clearance or has it come stock ready?
Nah, didnt set the valve clearances on either motor. both motors will be run in, then the valve clearances done after the first ride. I'll post up the pre and post valve-check clearances for interests sake...
did you polish the side of the motor or is that how it came?
nah, the engine comes with the "brushed-style" finish standard.
hmm i noticed they are using a short than usual intake manifold..
usually (well the ones iv come across) use a plastic spacer between the manifold and the head and the carb sits back further..

and im still curious to see what timing these are running at idle..
so if anyone with one of these bikes/ engines with the large cdi can throw the timing light on it, it would be muchly appreciated...

THUMP get yr ass on this bike and take it for a ride already... stop tinkering with it :LolLolLolLol:
lol yes mate, i'm dying to get this thing on the dirt asap as well... wednesday mate, wednesday... :)
I chose to run the manifold without a plastic spacer, make the most of it's short nature, try and improve bottom end response... which seems to work, it's snappy as shi*... :D
I dont have a timing light, so i cant really help with the ignition timing at idle...
so have you figured out which clicker is which if that right hand side one is even a clicker????

also as woggy said is it the same as the pitster shock if it is hmmm a know of some of them blowing out really easy?????

Here is the fast ace version!!! is has 18 click adjustments for the high and low speed and 2 clicks you would notice a bit
we set andos up properly today in good tractable conditions and i reckon this shock is better than my old xr?????
Yeah the little clicker on the right is the low-speed compression adjustment... the big one on the right is the hi-speed compression adjustment.... the rebound adjuster is on the bottom of the shock, like most bikes.. :)
not sure about the blowing out part, will find out soon enough no doubt..
Once i've ridden the thing, i'll put up a better review of how the suspension works etc, and any faults that come up from riding the bike...
hey thump! u gonna get a vid of this thing in action?? :D
Yes mate, i'm taking the bike out on wednesday, and getting a heap of pics and vids of it in action... i'll be testing the 175 version, but also taking the 155/160HO motor as a back up...
Keep an eye on the thread wednesday night...

Last edited:
Problems, issues and solutions....

Okay, i've had the bike for a couple of days now, and spoken to a few other owners, and have gone over the bike with a fine tooth comb to see any faults or issues... some have already been documented, others will come up over time.. so here is what i've found so far...

Fuel cap: Seems poor machining and quality control is the problem, same as the Ciniworx bikes... the cap doesnt fit the thread properly, and wont screw all the way down.. i simply swapped mine for a better one...

Fuel line: when assembling the bike, hook the fuel line up to the carby BEFORE you turn the fuel on... otherwise you end up with a shoe full of petrol like myself and hellrazor did.. ha ha ha!!!

Air-screw: the air screw appears to be turned all the way in, as delivered. i turned mine out 2.5 turns, perfect. :)

Rear Brake lever: mine was fouling a bolt head on the clutch cover, and was holding the back brake on... Simply bent the lever out a little, so that it clears the bolt when returning to normal position.

Rear shock protection: Needs a shock cover. Will make one out of inner tube for now, until i can source a proper one, just to keep mud and crap out of the shock and seals...

Jetting: so far, so good as delivered, with both the 155/160 and the 175 engines..

Throttle housing: had an issue with mine sticking, but this only appeared after a little while... didnt happen striaght up out of the box. Where the throttle tube joins the throttle wheel, the tolerances arent perfect, and there is a slight lip, that grinds into the bars, and after a little while makes the throttle stick... i simply pulled mine apart, ground down the lip nice and level with a dremel, and reassembled. hey presto, dead smooth throttle action, no more sticky throttle.

I'm riding the thing on wednesday on a variety of tracks, and will have pics and vids of the bike in action as soon as i can... plus the actual ride review.. hopefully that will answer a few more questions anyone has. :D

the more time i spend going over this bike, the more impressed i am at the actual build quality, and the value for money. Truly epic. :D

Last edited:
Rear Brake lever: mine was fouling a bolt head on the clutch cover, and was holding the back brake on... Simply bent the lever out a little, so that it clears the bolt when returning to normal position

i had the same problem when i was running a lifan 150 as it had the same clutch cover all i did was grinded a little bit out of the brake pedal but i do belive the setup of the brake is failry different from others, i was talking to the guy from ming n 50s and he was saying that he had to change the brake pedal

and thump could you do me a big favour and measure the wheel spacers and the width of the rear brake mout plate, could you also measure the front for me?

awww, that means i've gotta pull the wheels off... dammit... ha ha ha, yeah mate, i'll probably disassemble the bike again wednesday after i've done some testing, i wanna see how it all holds up...
will pm you the measurements then..

Have you guys locktighted your nuts and bolts? I went over mine on Sunday and found 90% of them nice and tight! But took them apart anyways! The fuel line was of on mine to but saw it when I mounted a small fuel filter. My fuel cap is really crap to. Will have to get a new or since it's a general problem I would say RevMX should cover it as warranty!!! I've only risen mine 10m so don't know how everything goes yet. If I manage to get my motard wheels on for saturday it's going to get wacked. What oil are you guys using for run-in and for normal use?

i suggest use check your gear lever i did not and i stripped mine thank god for 10000 spare parts in my shed :) haha

Now back on topic... There are several types of shock protectors, covers, savers, what ever ya wanna call them. You can grab the rubber ones that mount from the top of the shock, the plastic ones that mount from the swinga and just sit in front of the wheel. Or home made ones like the tube above^^

So matt where have you seen these rear shock protectors? I'm still waiting on an email back from DHZ about em but can't find much on ebay...

Nah Sean, the thread isnt loose, it's too tight... basically as coolee pointed out further up the thread, the threads in the cap werent cut deep enough, so when you try and tighten the cap up, it cross threads, doesnt seat on the seal, and fuel dribbles down the tank, making ones genitals flammable...

and the rear guard cover you linked in wont work, owing to the way the linkages mount to the swingarm, which is the reason they havent fitted one, i'm assuming...
Saga or I-thump linked a cover usually used for covering quad shocks, which is going to be the most useful fix...

Would the V2 fit on this bad boy?? if so what sort of power increase are we talking about?? is it worth doing that or just getting the ttr 175 z.. you know what they say.. a tyre a day keeps the doctor away =]
________
Vaporizer guide

Last edited:
v2 with s35 type cam will blow the 175 away tbh , and yes it will fit with stock bore , if you use the 60mm tb piston which can come with the v2 head if u pick it..

when is the next order due and will their be some 175z motors in the bikes.

Latest posts

Back