Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this is an interesting read;

https://www.lga.sa.gov.au/webdata/r...Master_Plan_Final_Report_120921_Submitted.pdf

In the past motorcyclists had use of three forest areas for recreational riding in the
mid 70***8217;s to mid 80***8217;s, two in Kuipto and one at Kersbrook. Areas in Kuipto were
destroyed by the Ash Wednesday bushfires and never replaced, with the Kersbrook
forest area closed in 1986 when Forestry SA decided to not actively manage the
area.

That kuipti one was walking distance from my house. Stupid fires!!

Yeah I used to see a lot of motos up there back when they used it for DH even up until the mid 90s! Seriously that sucks for you Gooseman....There were some good points in that article about using forests in Adelaide that hardly anyone ever uses!! I have faith it will get done at some point, but no faith it will be done by the end of this decade.... :/ The other point was basically if you LET people use the places they have been already, the local economy will benefit and you wont be spending money that you would be anyways trying to stop and prosecute people for riding. Really its a no brainer....get the tourists back out there, just like DH we used to ride because we enjoy nature...not to annoy anyone we do it for the same reason as people go bushwalking, horse riding, etc etc. Blanket prohibition has never worked. I also wonder if Motorcycling Australia is actively persuing and working with local councils to get them into this stuff. That article made it sound as tho there was a lot of onus on them doing a LOT of the ground work?

sounds like it's time for you to replace your goggles for a blindfold then Russ, lol

I went for a cruise at the private block today....Goose needs a freaking wind shield for that mic....Ahhhh my ears are bleeding....I made a vid of my first ride today...picking it up pretty fast...then some idiot goes and parks his fat arse in front of the camera....I tried...

Plenty more to come ;) Does that remind you of your child hood Craig?....Dont worry I have permission, plus I used to work for the neighbours so not to worried about pissing them off(especially since they replaced me with a $100 a day laborer HA), they probably cant hear anyways with their ridiculous 5 million dollar house...Not so sure about the people at the top of the hill, they might cop it a bit worse I think bouncing off the quarry wall! I could only manage about 20 mins, had a busy week at work! Running in the pit bike ~ TDR PRO 125 - YouTube

yeah saw the video, couldn't really hear the bike though.

it looks very overgrown there now.
last time i was there it was pretty much dirt/gravel etc, i don't remember too many trees being there either.
i'm pretty sure the way the camera was facing would have been pointing towards the entrance where we came in.
is the cutaway is off up to the right of the video ?

oh yeah,
to upload your video, go into the post reply box,
then click on the video symbol (2nd from right) above the text box, paste the URL there and it will show the video in your post.

Last edited:
Cool good to know! Yeah you know the spot! Its not to bad the owner just gets a bobcat now and flattens things out when the weeds come up, its actually flatter now than it was a couple of years ago!....if you havnt been there for 10 years id assume most of hte olive bushes are a big bigger than they were, bloody things ;) I'll put the go-pro on my helmet on monday and ride as far up the trail as I can. For memory lanes sake!! Things are pretty overgrown more so further up the hill, mtb riders have been building kickers in there everywhere on the trail too....very tempting!!!

Last edited:
i went there over 30 years ago.

pretty sure that house is up higher than where we used to go in.
it has a pool yeah ?

Last edited:
It used to have a pool yeah, they just re-did that whole main house though...the old 1.2 mil house that had the pool out front has been replaced by a 5 mil monstrosity...its grey...looks so out of place on the hill and the pool is in the lower part of the house now! I've heard their aircon bill is 25k a month because of hte indoor pool....

Yeah he gate is exactly where you remember it! on the corner there! The owners of that house/property next door are the Jones group...you know the ones who basically own and started the jackpot club...I have no concerns with annoying them...You may have to crank your sound up, my go-pro has the mic set inside the case so its a little low and I cant be bothered editing the sound levels!

Was there a little sort of billabong there just up to the right of the camera...basically behind the 4wd and 100m or so meters back? I heard frogs late one afternoon and we went for a bit of a walk over the fence, wow, native frog central, I never even knew about the block there until I did some contracting for the Jones group a few years back...Pretty amazed I never found it when I was a kid to be honest!

i just had a look at some old images of that area, they must be around 5 or 6 years old.
being a gully i'd think there might be a few wet areas,
but am a bit surprised they lasted through that heat a couple of weeks ago.

i had my amplified speakers turned up full, and the pc output right up.

Yeah probably wont hear it through PC speakers. I run my PC on a home theater set up so its hooked upto a pretty big amp...Ill post my boss riding a bit, being a hooligan and I'll have to cut and paste the sound and see if I can get it amplified sometime in the near future...Bit late to be messing around with that now ;) everyone else heard the bike enough this evening, dont want to upset the housemates!

Im going to try and organise a ride day out at port gawler with some mates in the next month. When I work out a date ill post it up here for the guys that are interested in coming.

Im going to try and organise a ride day out at port gawler with some mates in the next month. When I work out a date ill post it up here for the guys that are interested in coming.
yep, i'm keen too.
could be my last ride on the 150 Fuse,
after that it will become the Z155HO Fuse

Nah, nothing planned for it,
but it would be an quick/easy swap into a Pitpro 125 !
I'll do you a good price for cash today !

Might need a week or so to come up with the coin, but I'm keen, can give you a deposit tomorrow??!! :/ Rego just came today is due in a month, have insurance to pay in April so....need to put some money aside for that before I go crazy on more bike parts!

Not going to Kingston cause the people we were going to visit both got that sickness that is going around...and I missed out no riding today too. I'll see if I can bring the PitPro down over on the weekend and can do the exhaust gasket etc if you're going to be around.

yeah i'll be here
i found one of the shock spanners today, the small one, but it will work.
i also found a home made spinner i made, with shorter bolts too.
and some fuel hose and a filter

Latest posts

Back