Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
i've started this thread, so if someone or a group of SA members here are heading out riding that day, or are planning to head out soon, that others may be able to organise a time/place and catch up together.
i find that riding with other mini riders, is a lot more fun than going out with just a couple at a time.
they say 'the more the merrier' :D
and sometimes catching up with people is just as fun as riding!

lets see if we can organise something soon ?
so post up the details here if you are heading out somewhere,
i'm looking forward to meeting you guys at some stage soon!

and please, keep it legal too guys, no riding in unauthorised areas !

yeah i was thinking that after i posted it.
it all depends on how much interest there is, and if anyone turns up too.
it could become a decent group/social club !

you not following the south coast mx club? under 100cc.

it hasnt been open for quite a while i heard.
their facebook page has only had one comment since february this year.

and i wont have a bike under 100cc either, selling the DS80 soon.

i see why there isn't much happening in SA, nobody rides......

There were a few of us who rode last year with the quads. Hopefully its happening again this year. Some of us ride and have to pay for the privilege, guys who have their on land to ride on generally dont want to share.

yeah those Mini Menace MX days worked out too expensive for me.

ok,
i'm planning on heading out to the Eudunda track late next week, or early the week after, still to be confirmed....
it is located about 40 mins north of Gawler, here

i'm taking Cj and the PW50 , my Atomik Fuse 150, and possibly the DS80
my brother inlaw might come out too, with his CRF450 ?
i could possibly have room for an extra bike or 2 in my Trailer

anyone interested in meeting up ?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/eudunda/motorcycles/mx-track/1034628582

track is open between 9am and 5pm, and later during daylight savings.
campsite, bbq, and bike wash are all available, at an extra cost.
cost per day there is as follows up top 12 yo is $15
12-16 yo is $20
adult is $25

note- bookings are required before hand.

Last edited:
Possibly heading up the river this weekend. Mannum-ish....not sure where is legal to ride up there though and I'm getting worried about good old SAPOL going mental about the road toll, hence throwing the book at anyone who they see as in 'great' danger of offing themselves on a public road, in their thinking mini bike riders :( ....is there anywhere legal to ride up that way near Mannum or a little further?...Bit tapped out cash wise so a place that is like $10 would be great(as I'm positive there is no legal places to ride for free anymore in SA right?) or a place to camp and ride could pay a little more for that obviously. Super keen to get out there and do some riding, and the misses is keen to go camping this weekend too so looks like a saturday-monday camp. The weather should be really good this weekend! If there is nowhere legal to ride I'll just leave the bike home...not lugging it all that way for nothing thats a waste of fuel!

i've seen people riding bikes at swan reach, across the river from the pub
you could always ring and ask the local police station ?

ROFL....you know what I had NEVER thought of that....I guess its a great way to stay out of potential trouble, whats the worst you could expect from the police, 'no where around here'??!!

Sounds like a plan as its all I've got all the gear I need...I dont want to goto an mx track at this stage its more trouble than good, I need to get used to everything somewhere mellow first. Not sure about the farm anymore as the owner was expecting us to basically put a day of work a week into the farm plus paying lots of rent, are trying to negotiate his price down atm,not sure if he will budge to much though. Still I got the bike and I'm commited to learning to ride it and then progressing to having fun on it!

Will be a couple of interesting phone calls tomorrow...

ROFL....you know what I had NEVER thought of that....I guess its a great way to stay out of potential trouble, whats the worst you could expect from the police, 'no where around here'??!!

Sounds like a plan as its all I've got all the gear I need...I dont want to goto an mx track at this stage its more trouble than good, I need to get used to everything somewhere mellow first. Not sure about the farm anymore as the owner was expecting us to basically put a day of work a week into the farm plus paying lots of rent, are trying to negotiate his price down atm,not sure if he will budge to much though. Still I got the bike and I'm commited to learning to ride it and then progressing to having fun on it!

Will be a couple of interesting phone calls tomorrow...

I was just checking it out....and also found this http://maps.sa.gov.au/plb/ pretty sure that should let me know what I want to know!! Will still give the local cop shop a call I really cant afford any fines atm, I think they just increased the un-rego'd fine to over $2000...no thanks! Actually thats not what I was looking for....Trying to find a land use map showing shared use crown land...any ideas?

Last edited:
Wow this is an interesting read;

https://www.lga.sa.gov.au/webdata/r...Master_Plan_Final_Report_120921_Submitted.pdf

In the past motorcyclists had use of three forest areas for recreational riding in the
mid 70***8217;s to mid 80***8217;s, two in Kuipto and one at Kersbrook. Areas in Kuipto were
destroyed by the Ash Wednesday bushfires and never replaced, with the Kersbrook
forest area closed in 1986 when Forestry SA decided to not actively manage the
area.

yeah, seen that.
and 18months later nothing has changed

Well it sounds like a lot of the councils in the Murray region have kinda turned a blind eye as long as you're not annoying anyone or messing native bushland up?

I'm not sure what gist you got from it....I found a place that looks ok-ish near Mannum...seems to be a little out of the way, unsure if you can be seen to well from the main road so thats always a plus, and only a couple of shacks which I think are all rentals ;) you may know the spot...

I figure if we hire a shack for the weekend then what the hell I'm up there as a tourist. Spending money on their local economy, Plus I think its private land or unalienated crown land or whatever just near the shacks... SA is pretty backwards, I'm not surprised every other state has moved to actually help riders. Same old **** different sport, now its just motorcross, not DH bikes. Sigh I remember signing the petition to get a skate park built at blackwood, that only took 12 years....10 years to go til the SA gov catches up.....anyway the spent all their money, time and resources trying to keep holden open....how'd that go for them? Sounds like I need to buy a parcel of land and then open it to who ever....4wds, mini bike, motorcross bikes, quads etc etc, get a nice camp site going, few cabins....the governments loss may be my gain...its the only way to think or I just get to upset at their bull**** ;)

either that or get into Drag Racing, Circuit racing.
the SA goverment are doing up Tailem Bend Motorsport Park soon, at a cost of $60,000,000 mind you !

Latest posts

Back